Page / 115
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 11:25:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TinyCrumb] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SilkyJohnson:

be patient.
View Quote

This.

I think we've all learned not to send letters to the ATF. Don't be a dbag. Don't complain. Be grateful that there are ridiculously generous people out there that like doing cool shit to help others. It's being worked on.

And entitled persons who like shoving generosity back in people's faces by whining about the tolerances, timelines or business priorities can also shove their "white oak" barrels somewhere obvious.

Edit: pic thread:

Link Posted: 3/1/2017 11:46:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HaveBlue83] [#2]
REDACTED. 

#WOAftw

regulatori, i clean mine when i feel bad about the bcg lol. it runs suppressed 100% so id say every 150rnds or so? every few weeks maybe. 

if my cold bore shot isn't within an inch of my target center, i start looking at mechanical issues, or me. my cold bore and my 2nd and 3rd rounds on a good day are .6-.75moa and triangular-grouped. i dont really see a degredation in accuracy as i shoot slow. my can is always able to be removed by hand. 
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 8:31:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By SilkyJohnson:

be patient.
View Quote
Very patient.  

As in, never going to happen.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 9:10:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Twitchy:
Very patient.  

As in, never going to happen.  
View Quote

twitchy.....i wish you had more woa barrels so i could have a spare one. mine is about 1500rnds in and still rockin. i might actually shoot this fucker out with how much i can reload lol
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 9:16:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Sent a barrel off to Adco today to get cut, crowned, and profiled for the AE collar.

Once I get that back its just a matter of rings and glass.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 9:58:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chenault] [#6]
Originally Posted By HaveBlue83:

twitchy.....i wish you had more woa barrels so i could have a spare one. mine is about 1500rnds in and still rockin. i might actually shoot this fucker out with how much i can reload lol
View Quote

I think you have some time brother.  I'm at double that and am still going strong.  I wonder if woa would do another order?
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 10:55:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By chenault:

I think you have some time brother.  I'm at double that and am still going strong.  I wonder if woa would do another order?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Are you guys not a fan of the bison? It's the correct heavier profile. I'm very happy with mine so far.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 11:02:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chenault] [#8]
Originally Posted By Wichert187:

Are you guys not a fan of the bison? It's the correct heavier profile. I'm very happy with mine so far.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Wichert187:

Bison is a fantastic barrel, there are several guys running them with great success.  Not the most well known maker.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 5:06:11 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm running a Bison and it shoots better than I can. Which I like to think is above par.Very happy with the barrel.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 5:12:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By TEXASGUNGUY022003:
Changed paint today and managed to find some of my old mags from the sand box days.
View Quote

That duct tape always ends up making a gooey mess...what were we thinking?  Other than that was all we had.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 4:00:14 PM EDT
[#11]
This is the mini-recce thread, right?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 5:02:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Hunterex:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/59096/IMG-0920-158116.JPG
View Quote

Nope but that paint is fantastic as always
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 5:59:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By sommere54:
Sent a barrel off to Adco today to get cut, crowned, and profiled for the AE collar.

Once I get that back its just a matter of rings and glass.
View Quote

Sweet! They did the 6.5 lilja barrel I had for my holland build. I doubt you will be disappointed.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 7:36:32 PM EDT
[#14]

Next time I'm at the range I'll take mine out.
View Quote

Ooooo, you wanna do a quick test and test an SBR and a 14.5 and a 16"er????    I think it would be good knowledge for considering a Home Defense rifle.   I feel like my 14.7 is louder than my 16".  And I'm always leary about what a  10-11" gun would be like without a suppressor.     It might not be as bad as I think.  But then again, some people are like, "they're ALL loud and there isn't going to be much difference"  And I'm not quite there.  I might be wrong though.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 8:59:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Mblades:

Sweet! They did the 6.5 lilja barrel I had for my holland build. I doubt you will be disappointed.
View Quote

Guess I should add the AEM5 to the punch list, as well

Sent them a LaRue 18" Stealth to cut/crown/thread/profile and blast to a dull finish.

Already antsy to get it back, and I just sent it out yesterday...
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 9:09:33 PM EDT
[#16]

Sent them a LaRue 18" Stealth to cut/crown/thread/profile and blast to a dull finish.

View Quote

On the couple occasions they did work for me their turnaround was lighting quick, I don't think you will have to wait too long.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 9:17:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chenault] [#17]

View Quote

How much was it for them to strip and sandblast the barrel?

JJREA I should be able to do that if my db reader goes that high.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 9:48:24 PM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

I think it was $15 to blast the barrel. We'll see how it turns out, but I couldn't resist to let them give it a whirl at that cost.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 9:50:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Mblades:

On the couple occasions they did work for me their turnaround was lighting quick, I don't think you will have to wait too long.
View Quote

I'm less than 150 miles from their shop, so shipping time is pretty good
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 9:50:43 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote
( . )( . )
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 10:34:36 PM EDT
[#21]
what is the bipod that most of you are using and link too buy if available please?
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 10:41:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By BrennanHuff556:
what is the bipod that most of you are using and link too buy if available please?
View Quote

I'm just using a Harris, It's what I learned to shoot on and just feels like home.   A lot of guys are using the Atlas which is a really nice bipod.  Either are correct

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00T89QKG2?tag=vglnk-c102-20
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 10:42:40 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

Do you shoot under a roof?  Obviously everything is louder under the roof and would be more like inside the home.  Although still probably not the same.  But whatever.  Just to know the difference between all of them would be helpful and comes up in discussions at times.   Actually if you could throw in a 9mm pistol or two, that would be awesome too.  
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 10:44:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Atlas BT10. screw on or QD had been used. 

$215 for screw on. more for QD. 

prolly the best upgrade I have ever paid for on my SPR to date. 
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 11:12:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chenault] [#25]
Tomorrow I can do an 18" barrel, a 16" barrel and a 14" barrel.  I'd do the SBR but it's sitting on my bench all taken apart; I can do that in a couple of weeks though.  

I can shoot under a roof and not under a roof.  I'll also shoot a suppressed .22 subsonic bullet just for funzies.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 11:32:25 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote
Don't make me post the pic of my CQBR with a PST 4-16 and 2 sun shades on it.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 11:47:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BrennanHuff556] [#27]

I'm just using a Harris, It's what I learned to shoot on and just feels like home.   A lot of guys are using the Atlas which is a really nice bipod.  Either are correct

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00T89QKG2?tag=vglnk-c102-20
View Quote

I have the knights bipod adapter (I don't care for A.R.M.S#32d qd mount) , but wondering what everyone is using with the talons and shet. thanks. I looked on the first page but must b too drunk too comprehend. thanks eehh dur buzz( mainers talk like retards)

(ignore my fucked up fingas)
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 11:58:24 PM EDT
[#28]
translation "hey there buddy"
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 10:49:59 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By JJREA:

Do you shoot under a roof?  Obviously everything is louder under the roof and would be more like inside the home.  Although still probably not the same.  But whatever.  Just to know the difference between all of them would be helpful and comes up in discussions at times.   Actually if you could throw in a 9mm pistol or two, that would be awesome too.  
View Quote

Well this is going to have to wait until next weekend.  I went to the club this morning and they are having matches on all three ranges I could do the test on.  I'll put my sbr back together for next week
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 12:10:57 PM EDT
[#30]

Well this is going to have to wait until next weekend.  I went to the club this morning and they are having matches on all three ranges I could do the test on.  I'll put my sbr back together for next week
View Quote
im shooting my 10.5 cqbr indoors this tues and prolly wed. i can do it with the can on and off and see what my phones db meter sees. i did it before but i forget.  my can has 5 baffles and works pretty well. 
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 1:19:59 PM EDT
[#31]
im shooting my 10.5 cqbr indoors this tues and prolly wed. i can do it with the can on and off and see what my phones db meter sees. i did it before but i forget.  my can has 5 baffles and works pretty well. 
View Quote

Thanks  Blue that would help out
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 8:52:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Here's another I haven't seen before

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 1:05:58 PM EDT
[#33]
What scope is that? Anyone else try out a CTR on their MOD H?
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 2:04:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Here a better photo of that rifle

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 6:00:58 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

Dude, I'm giddy with anticipations.  Not sure why.  Other than that I think it will be good info.....    I should learn how to use a spreadsheet so I can make up some results so we can share.  I think people need to know the TRUTH.  Including me.  I have no clue how much of a difference there is an any of them, other than what my ears tell me.   Are you willing to do a G19 or some kind of 9mm to get a feel for the difference between pistol and rifle????  That would be SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 6:46:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By JJREA:

Dude, I'm giddy with anticipations.  Not sure why.  Other than that I think it will be good info.....    I should learn how to use a spreadsheet so I can make up some results so we can share.  I think people need to know the TRUTH.  Including me.  I have no clue how much of a difference there is an any of them, other than what my ears tell me.   Are you willing to do a G19 or some kind of 9mm to get a feel for the difference between pistol and rifle????  That would be SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET.
View Quote

Yea I'm supposed to get my CZ shadow in this week so I can take that
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 10:36:01 AM EDT
[#37]
Bumpage to keep on page 1 where we belong
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 12:44:15 PM EDT
[#38]
 thinking about putting this on!

Link Posted: 3/10/2017 12:58:26 PM EDT
[#39]
 thinking about putting this on!
View Quote

Yuck!  What happened to the other one?
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 1:10:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Which is the correct Atlas...the BT10 or the BT46? And what is the difference between the two?
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 1:19:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cmcflex] [#41]
Originally Posted By cjwwd2:
Which is the correct Atlas...the BT10 or the BT46? And what is the difference between the two?
View Quote

The original is the BT10. The BT46 has a few upgrades, such as reinforced legs and legs that don't spin.

If you can swing the extra, I would go the BT46. I have a BT10 and it's awesome, but if I'm going to spend that much on a bipod again I will probably try the KAC.

ETA: The BT46 is newer so I would suspect most of what we have seen in pics is BT10, but I don't know if there are enough visual differences between the two to discern from pics alone.

Also, looking at their site, I would wager (since I haven't verified this myself) that the asterisked items are the upgrades over the original:

http://www.accu-shot.com/catalog_new/atlas-bipods/125-bt46-lw17-psr-atlas-bipod-standard-height-with-adm-170-s-lever.html
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 1:22:32 PM EDT
[#42]
I'm trying to make the rounds and tell everyone that I think will want to know, but, if you are looking for a predator mount to offset an mrds predator tactical is taking orders for gen 2's again as of this week. I just ordered one last night. The store is under construction still but if you email them they will get back with you.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 2:07:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Dobs013:
I'm trying to make the rounds and tell everyone that I think will want to know, but, if you are looking for a predator mount to offset an mrds predator tactical is taking orders for gen 2's again as of this week. I just ordered one last night. The store is under construction still but if you email them they will get back with you.
View Quote

i just called.....$140 and they have em. 

link for email and number:
http://www.predatortactical.com/burkettgen2.html

woohooo! i might grab one. thanks dobs!
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 2:10:36 PM EDT
[#44]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dobs013:

No problem! I was so excited when I got that email I had to reread it like 5 times to make sure it said what I thought it said!
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 2:37:53 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

Very tempting.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 2:59:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Ready for the thread to burn down?

This is a legit deployed H

Link Posted: 3/10/2017 3:07:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By lancecriminal86:

http://i.imgur.com/etOLwjG.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/h2cYbgw.jpg
View Quote

Stop. Stop it now.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 3:09:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By lancecriminal86:

http://i.imgur.com/etOLwjG.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/h2cYbgw.jpg
View Quote

Yea, I'm just going to pretend I didn't see this.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 5:42:58 PM EDT
[#49]
M-lok rail made by who?
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 5:44:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By areeves08:
M-lok rail made by who?
View Quote

Knight's Armament
Page / 115
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top