Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
FightLite / ARES SCR Pics (Page 31 of 45)
Page / 45
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 7:52:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Andromax:

If im not mistaken the sporter and the monte carlo have the same length of pull, the youth is shorter. The monte carlo is already pretty short compared full sized rifle stocks.

Im not firearm instructers, but i can say there are nuances in rifle handling that will change your perspective of the interface.

Its tough (for me) to describe this stuff.

Hows your stance? How are you seating the buttstock? Are you bringing the sight picture to the level of your eye or are you dropping your eye to the sight plane?

Watch youtube videos of skilled shooters and how they wield their rifle. Makes a huge difference.
View Quote
Thx, I watched the videos after you posted about it. I followed the technique and it felt great but after pocketing the stock in my shoulder and looking through the scope I still have to lean in to get a good eye relief sight picture. The Burris AR 332 has a 2.5 inch eye relief. Putting my cheek on the stock I don't get a good picture. Maybe a different base that would let the scope extend further back then the charging handle would be beneficial.
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 12:27:20 AM EDT
[#2]
I use ETS mags - I have not run into issues with them.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 12:26:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Has anyone built an scr into a 300 blackout? Is it possible?
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 2:18:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By That1GuyHenry:
Has anyone built an scr into a 300 blackout? Is it possible?
View Quote
You haven't read much of this thread have You?

I love my SCR 300 BLK.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 7:31:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By MatthewVanitas:
Okay, I see how the BHO works now. It's not as bad as I though, since there's an actual slot with a plug that can be removed to install the BHO. I'd imagined it was more improvised and jammed in there. But I do agree that some kind of mechanism, other than adhesive, to make it stay in its slot would be helpful:

http://i61.tinypic.com/2vhzoeh.jpg

http://i61.tinypic.com/16tcuv.jpg
View Quote
I installed the BHO in mine last week. It goes in so tight and the forces would be front to back so it will probably NEVER move.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 9:12:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By lamer01:

I installed the BHO in mine last week. It goes in so tight and the forces would be front to back so it will probably NEVER move.
View Quote
Lucky you, mine falls right out.
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 7:27:06 PM EDT
[#7]

Lucky you, mine falls right out.
View Quote
Is your BHO from FightLite? I mean it's so tight that you need to tap it in.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 4:32:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By lamer01:

Is your BHO from FightLite? I mean it's so tight that you need to tap it in.
View Quote
Yea, it fits okay, just loose enough to not stay in when the receivers are open. I will probably add a dab of superglue. Hasn't been a big issue to me.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 11:23:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Mine drops right in - no effort needed.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 8:17:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 9:49:37 PM EDT
[#11]
That's pretty cool.  But will it work?  Throw an ARAK upper on there and now you have convergence of 3 platforms...
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 10:00:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By backbencher:
That's pretty cool.  But will it work?  Throw an ARAK upper on there and now you have convergence of 3 platforms...
View Quote
if there's enough stock tube, i don't see why it wouldn't.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 10:01:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Fightlite Industries Raider

Available in 5.56 and .300 BLK. MSRP of $865.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 10:12:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Pretty clever.  They ran the recoil spring tube down the grip.  I'd say they're selling a product for a reasonable price.  Kudos.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 10:32:06 PM EDT
[#15]
It would be really cool if they released lowers with the Shockwave Raptor grips pre-installed.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 6:17:53 AM EDT
[#16]
If one was to build an scr would standard sights be impossible to use if they are just used as back ups for a scope?
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 7:22:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By ThatNiceBlkGuy:
If one was to build an scr would standard sights be impossible to use if they are just used as back ups for a scope?
View Quote
Standard height AR sights?  They would work but you would have to employ a chin weld to use them.  
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 3:01:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Anybody know how to mount a sling on this rifle? I thought I saw a post that described installing a push button qd mount in the stock, but can't find it. My hunting trip is coming up and I need to get field ready!
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 11:25:57 PM EDT
[#19]
I used the Noveske Flush mount.  Sorry for the crappy photos, you can get the idea of what's going on.

Untitled by Doug Hansen, on Flickr

Link Posted: 10/24/2017 11:40:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: E-Mag] [#20]
Originally Posted By SiVisPacem:
It would be really cool if they released lowers with the Shockwave Raptor grips pre-installed.
View Quote
Edit oops you want just the lower and grip 
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 11:23:44 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/28/2017 7:24:41 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/28/2017 8:10:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/28/2017 8:42:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/28/2017 8:58:35 AM EDT
[#25]
Any chance of the grip being sold separately to be used for the scr rifle? I assume that would still be legal?
Link Posted: 10/28/2017 10:04:37 AM EDT
[#26]
I just want a regular SCR lower that doesn't cost as much as a whole AR

But I'd also take a Raider lower that I could put a side charging upper on so using the charging handle isn't awkward.
Link Posted: 10/28/2017 5:35:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Andromax] [#27]
Originally Posted By AR15DELTAHBAR:
Any chance of the grip being sold separately to be used for the scr rifle? I assume that would still be legal?
View Quote
Since its a rifle, OAL <26" is an SBR if I'm not mistaken. NFA and all...
Link Posted: 10/28/2017 5:47:45 PM EDT
[#28]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AR15DELTAHBAR:
Unless you use it on a stripped SCR lower which had not previously been built into a rifle.
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 4:13:03 AM EDT
[#29]

Unless you use it on a stripped SCR lower which had not previously been built into a rifle.
View Quote
Hence the "since it's a rifle" qualifier.

Would be surprised if they ever sold stripped SCR lowers since the parts are all proprietary.
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 5:11:24 AM EDT
[#30]

View Quote
With a 16 inch, non threaded upper, I believe it measures over 26"
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 9:44:02 PM EDT
[#31]
I would only buy one of thesein 300 blackout if it had a side charging upper. ASA style as to keep the brass deflector and dust cover.
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 11:30:54 AM EDT
[#32]

Would be surprised if they ever sold stripped SCR lowers since the parts are all proprietary.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

You can buy SCR lowers from Brownell's for  $605. Yes, they have stocks attached, but that's irrelevant, as BATFE says without a barrel, they aren't rifles.
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 11:38:48 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By SiVisPacem:  You can buy SCR lowers from Brownell's for  $605. Yes, they have stocks attached, but that's irrelevant, as BATFE says without a barrel, they aren't rifles.
View Quote
Possibly a better deal to just buy the pistol then, sell the upper minus the bolt carrier, and then build whatever you want w/ it, albeit I don't know if the Turkish .410 shotgun uppers will work or not, and no blowback upper will except the .22" LR.  CMMG Guard .45" won't work either due to the proprietary bolt carrier.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 1:50:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: tnertb] [#34]
I thought I saw in one of their Instagram posts that they would sell the pistol lower alone.

If so I'd love that.

@FightLite

*edit*  on their page now for $575

Raider
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 3:06:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JethrOO] [#35]
Apologies if this has been discussed before, but what is the viability of using an Eotech EXPS3 and G33 magnifier? What kind of cheekweld would I get?
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 3:09:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By JethrOO:
Apologies if this has been discussed before, but what is the viability of using an Eotech EXPS3 and G33 magnifier? What kind of cheekweld would I get?
View Quote
chin weld, you mean.
Link Posted: 11/10/2017 11:41:26 AM EDT
[#37]
Anybodys lowers seem to not like USGI/metal mags?  My Ares lower is fine but the FightLight one I bought yesterday will not let metal mags drop free.  Pmags and Lancer mags are very free.  Metal mags drop free in all other AR's and my other Ares so thinking its gotta be the new lower.  Anyone else?
Link Posted: 11/10/2017 11:54:06 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By plinker8:
Anybodys lowers seem to not like USGI/metal mags?  My Ares lower is fine but the FightLight one I bought yesterday will not let metal mags drop free.  Pmags and Lancer mags are very free.  Metal mags drop free in all other AR's and my other Ares so thinking its gotta be the new lower.  Anyone else?
View Quote
Check the corner radii of the mags vs the lower.
Link Posted: 11/10/2017 12:01:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By RDTCU:

Check the corner radii of the mags vs the lower.
View Quote
Good idea, will check when im back home later
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 12:59:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Lhotse] [#40]
Originally Posted By plinker8:
View Quote
Mine doesn't like my Alexander Arms metal mags. Tough to get in, slow to get out.

Bad picture of my rifle (SCR lower with qd sling, side charger upper with Lilja 18" 6.5 Grendel barrel, G rail, SWFA SS X10 fixed power):

Link Posted: 12/6/2017 1:06:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Well tried to order a G Rail from PSA and got denied(douchebags), so Ive moved on to glass... What are you guys using for mounts to get some decent cheek weld?  Going with some sort of 1-4 or 1-6 on this build
Link Posted: 12/16/2017 11:15:42 PM EDT
[#42]
Just needs a bipod and some scope rings.
Link Posted: 12/17/2017 6:28:14 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Moses06:
Just needs a bipod and some scope rings.
https://i.imgur.com/IBofoEWh.jpg
View Quote
Looks good.
Forget the bipod!
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 9:31:34 PM EDT
[#44]
I have the PISTON version of the Ares / Fightlite SCR.  Has anyone done a free-floating handguard swap on the PISTON model before?  I'm looking for any "head's up" before I get too far down the road.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 1:18:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Im really liking this thing

Only thing it needs is the bolt catch, wish it would of just came with it in the box
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 9:08:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: NotanATFagent] [#46]
Just found out what an SCR is. What’s the story on these?

Does it have any benefits over a standard AR-15?  Or more of just a novelty for us "free states"?

I saw this picture and my love for the PPSH started going off the charts.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 9:20:11 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By NotanATFagent:  Just found out what an SCR is. What’s the story on these?

Price?

I saw this picture and my love for the PPSH started going off the charts.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/464598/CEA9460D-C78A-4B60-B347-A5B77E996FE2-451585.JPG
View Quote
Think that's a copy, and there may be legal entanglements w/ that.  Good looking, though.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 9:41:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RDTCU] [#48]
Originally Posted By backbencher:
Think that's a copy, and there may be legal entanglements w/ that.  Good looking, though.
View Quote
Straight-up ripoff by JJFU.

He calls it the "Califus Nomad"
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 5:19:46 PM EDT
[#49]
It's been a while since I've checked into this thread. I've finally decided to start building the SCR lower I bought like a year ago. Has anyone successfully built a .458 SOCOM version?

I'm asking because I just bought a .458 SOCOM BCG that I plan to use the bolt from and got a free .458 SOCOM stripped upper from Primary Arms. I'd like to use it on the SCR.

So would building a .458 SOCOM be a good idea or a terrible one?

I also need to order another SCR lower...you know...for when cum guzzling murphy bans ARs.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 6:42:38 PM EDT
[#50]
.458 SOCOM is always a hard recoiling, hard-hitting idea.  It doesn't suppress spectacularly well.  It gives you low-end .45-70 ballistics in an AR-15 upper.  I wouldn't put it in a pistol unless I had that much money to bruise the crap outta my friends' hands for shits & giggles.  If you wanted a bear rifle, wouldn't be the worst idea w/ that handy to carry stock.

Should work fine on an SCR lower, but you may have to tune the gas a bit, dunno.  Probably should use carbine gas, though.
Page / 45
FightLite / ARES SCR Pics (Page 31 of 45)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top