Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 1171 of 1567)
Page / 1567
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 11:39:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By UndrGrndPrdcts:
So I guess if you dont have NV it doesnt matter.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By UndrGrndPrdcts:
Originally Posted By billytehbob:

Flash light for illumination, a PEQ box that’s usually straddled on the 12 o’clock rail, that’s used to laze targets for ID/engagement under NVGs. They have a visible laser, too, though I never use mine for that. Also has an IR illuminator that works as a spot light under NVGs.

Then you have a tape switch for either or both devices mentioned above.
So I guess if you dont have NV it doesnt matter.
Nope.  The only thing that matters for us poor folk is a good white light
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 11:43:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By cone256:

View Quote
Surefire FTW.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 12:05:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By cone256:

View Quote
Unless you want a visible laser for day or night use.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 1:59:23 PM EDT
[#4]
The clone bug is getting to me again.  Really considering swapping the MK8 for a RIS II and doing a Block II CQBR to go with my Block I.

Link Posted: 2/21/2019 2:21:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By HD2006:
The clone bug is getting to me again.  Really considering swapping the MK8 for a RIS II and doing a Block II CQBR to go with my Block I.

https://i.imgur.com/UudSFJx.jpg
View Quote
Dude, I hear ya on the clone bug. My two cents: that bottom setup is a really rad SBR with some clone parts on it. I think it looks amazing as-is, without calling it a clone. Just go the ARFcom route and build a third to fill the Block II clone spot.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 2:37:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By AZ_SBR:

Dude, I hear ya on the clone bug. My two cents: that bottom setup is a really rad SBR with some clone parts on it. I think it looks amazing as-is, without calling it a clone. Just go the ARFcom route and build a third to fill the Block II clone spot.
View Quote
I think someone is speaking from experience!
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 3:28:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ArmorerRoy] [#7]

My sbr. It's a short barreled and suppressed clone of the m4 I carried in Afghanistan.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 3:41:22 PM EDT
[#8]

View Quote
I like that bottom rifle, kind of makes me with I didn't chop my MK8 into a FSP rail
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 4:59:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WhisperPickle] [#9]

View Quote
@HD2006

IMO a 10.3" barrel and a 9.5" Mk8 are perfect together. I wouldn't change anything if I were you.

Mine...
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 5:04:18 PM EDT
[#10]

View Quote
In the process of selling my 10.5” upper with FN barrel so I can switch out to a 10.3” barrel, and these Mod 0 pics just make me happy.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 6:18:48 PM EDT
[#11]
What in the hell is this white stuff on the ground?!

Link Posted: 2/21/2019 6:24:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By krdt:

http://wkd.site.nfoservers.com/CQBR/CQBR.022119.Sleet.Storm-01.jpg
View Quote
Is that the lighter rail? Doesn’t look that dark.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 6:33:29 PM EDT
[#13]

View Quote
We got hit with hail pretty hard too. I was walking through and driving during the very worst of it.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 6:42:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Ivan1:

Is that the lighter rail? Doesn’t look that dark.
View Quote
Yeah, I couldn't resist :\.

Gonna be funny if the next rail I get is even lighter and I have to swap again, lol.

Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:

We got hit with hail pretty hard too. I was walking through and driving during the very worst of it.
View Quote
It's gone back to rain for now, but sleet was coming down pretty hard for about 5-10 minutes. CQBR demanded I let it go make sleet/snow angels :\.

Been a while since any white stuff has fallen in my area (albeit sleet in this case, or small hail, whatever you wanna call it) - had a pretty good bit of snow some years back, but nothing since.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 7:29:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wissota4] [#15]

View Quote
White stuff you say?
ETA he is standing btw. Lol. Not CQBR donkey burrow but.. close enough.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 7:41:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By wissota4:
White stuff you say?
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/384425/20190220_172940_resized_jpg-853349.JPG
View All Quotes

White stuff you say?
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/384425/20190220_172940_resized_jpg-853349.JPG
Lol. One of my previous labs absolutely loved snow. When driving up north she'd start going wild as soon as you hit the snow line; I'd have to stop to let her romp around for a bit before she'd calm down, lol. She'd go bounding through it, submarine and come popping back up - dog loved snow almost as much as she loved bird hunting.

Snow like that, if I tried to duplicate the shot from above, I'd just have a picture of a CQBR shaped hole in the snow, lol.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 7:46:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:
They may set the guns up with what is issued or go buy it.  Lots of personal optics used.  However basic workings of the gun are left stock.

CD
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Sierra5:

With all the variations of rails, lengths, and FSB or not, is it an individual choice on how the guns are set up?  Pretty neat to see the variations
They may set the guns up with what is issued or go buy it.  Lots of personal optics used.  However basic workings of the gun are left stock.

CD
What about as far as barrel length and rail combo?  I understand how some can be mission specific (as in their mission not so much one specific mission).  Do they get to run whatever barrel length and rail as long as its something they unit or you guys have?  The pics of the DD with the FSB cuts made me wonder if that’s something ramdomly assigned or something they wanted specifically as their gun.

@combat_diver
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 8:33:25 PM EDT
[#18]

White stuff you say?
View Quote
Man, I wish it snowed here more.  Trying to convince my wife to move to Boise, somewhere in Utah, or the mountains of Arizona.  Partly for more defined seasons, and partly to get out of this backwards State that I grew up in and used to love.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 9:19:02 PM EDT
[#19]

Yeah, I couldn't resist :\.

Gonna be funny if the next rail I get is even lighter and I have to swap again, lol.

It's gone back to rain for now, but sleet was coming down pretty hard for about 5-10 minutes. CQBR demanded I let it go make sleet/snow angels :\.

Been a while since any white stuff has fallen in my area (albeit sleet in this case, or small hail, whatever you wanna call it) - had a pretty good bit of snow some years back, but nothing since.
View Quote
Lol if I lived in AZ I would probably do the same since you can go out and try it out. Rail looks good. You made me make my mind and play that lottery, just have to wait till theres a coupon.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 9:39:28 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote
That's what we call a warm day.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 10:00:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Sierra5:

What about as far as barrel length and rail combo?  I understand how some can be mission specific (as in their mission not so much one specific mission).  Do they get to run whatever barrel length and rail as long as its something they unit or you guys have?  The pics of the DD with the FSB cuts made me wonder if that’s something ramdomly assigned or something they wanted specifically as their gun.

@combat_diver
View Quote
Guys are going to use the issued barrels for most part.  Don't ever remember running into anything but issued 10.3" or 14.5" bbls.  Sometimes they will put on a different rail and personnel optic.  They get both a 10.3" and 14.5" DD RIS II uppers.  On the 14.5" there are two different rails, with or without FSB.   Its one or the other.  Who gets want, I don't know as it happened when I was on a different contract.

CD
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 10:04:19 PM EDT
[#22]
On snow had 10" of fresh powder on the ground yesterday morning.  Then the day warmed up and reached 40 degrees and melted that all way except for what was in the shadows.  Then it became a mud pit.  This morning everything is frozen as its 13 degrees now.

CD
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 10:14:24 PM EDT
[#23]
On snow had 10" of fresh powder on the ground yesterday morning.  Then the day warmed up and reached 40 degrees and melted that all way except for what was in the shadows.  Then it became a mud pit.  This morning everything is frozen as its 13 degrees now.

CD
View Quote
I do NOT miss the mud of Iraq/Afg.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 12:21:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 12:32:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Akin:
Is this the correct Eotech for a Mk.18?  Is $549 a decent price?

https://www.dvor.com/eotech-exps3-extreme-xps-red-dot-sight-with-side-button-qd-lever.html?options%5B%5D=2178-57-94612
View Quote
I am showing $529 for the EXPS3-0 in Tan after logging in. That's the correct one and a pretty good price for a new one.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 2:30:35 AM EDT
[#26]

Guys are going to use the issued barrels for most part.  Don't ever remember running into anything but issued 10.3" or 14.5" bbls.  Sometimes they will put on a different rail and personnel optic.  They get both a 10.3" and 14.5" DD RIS II uppers.  On the 14.5" there are two different rails, with or without FSB.   Its one or the other.  Who gets want, I don't know as it happened when I was on a different contract.

CD
View Quote
Gotcha.  Thanks for that info.  Always wondered if it was personal choice of “hey I want a 10.3 with a FSB” or “14.5” and such.  Or if it was just handed to them as theirs.

Thanks for the awesome pics and info throughout.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 3:02:17 AM EDT
[#27]

https://www.dvor.com/eotech-exps3-extreme-xps-red-dot-sight-with-side-button-qd-lever.html?options%5B%5D=2178-57-94612
View Quote
Yep, that's the correct model. The price is alright, but not fantastic. If you're looking to buy right now and not interested in waiting, it wouldn't be a bad deal. That said, if you can wait, I'd hold out for something around $500 or less. Hell, during Black Friday, a few lucky bastards picked up the same model for $369 directly from Eotech. I wouldn't hold my breath on finding one for that price, but if I found one for $500 I'd be strongly tempted and anything at or below $475 I'd buy without hesitation. Of course, I'm in no great hurry, so I have the luxury of waiting for a particularly good deal (as long as my self-discipline holds, lol).
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 3:50:00 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By krdt:Hell, during Black Friday, a few lucky bastards picked up the same model for $369 directly from Eotech.
View Quote
Whaaaat?!  How did I miss that?  47% off sale?!
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 5:29:17 AM EDT
[#29]
Yep, that's the correct model. The price is alright, but not fantastic. If you're looking to buy right now and not interested in waiting, it wouldn't be a bad deal. That said, if you can wait, I'd hold out for something around $500 or less. Hell, during Black Friday, a few lucky bastards picked up the same model for $369 directly from Eotech. I wouldn't hold my breath on finding one for that price, but if I found one for $500 I'd be strongly tempted and anything at or below $475 I'd buy without hesitation. Of course, I'm in no great hurry, so I have the luxury of waiting for a particularly good deal (as long as my self-discipline holds, lol).
View All Quotes

I'm not in much of a hurry either.  Besides, that Elcan I just bought really killed my discretionary fund for a while... but if this had been a great deal, I would have  made it happen.

What about these stocks?  $44.95 after you add them to the cart.  I think these are for the SOPMOD II M4, and also the Mk.18?

https://www.primaryarms.com/AdName+Sale/Brand+B5-Systems
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 6:58:37 AM EDT
[#30]
I'm not in much of a hurry either.  Besides, that Elcan I just bought really killed my discretionary fund for a while... but if this had been a great deal, I would have  made it happen.

What about these stocks?  $44.95 after you add them to the cart.  I think these are for the SOPMOD II M4, and also the Mk.18?

View All Quotes

No, those are the Bravo models (no removable battery tubes). You want the standard SOPMOD model.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 7:56:34 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By smitty_007:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By krdt:Hell, during Black Friday, a few lucky bastards picked up the same model for $369 directly from Eotech.
Yep.  I bought another one despite not needing it.  As is with most gun stuff
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 9:43:25 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 3:35:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By JLAudio:
I am showing $529 for the EXPS3-0 in Tan after logging in. That's the correct one and a pretty good price for a new one.
View All Quotes

Ordered one. Thanks guys. Cheapest I could find was $565 shipped so $530 shipped isn’t half bad.

So far I’ve got:
Brownells DD MK18 upper
Colt BCG & CH
KAC 2-6 and taupe 99051
Eotech EXPS3-0
Surefire M600

Whenever SilencerShop’s Form 1 Service comes back up I’ll SBR my block 1 Colt 6920 lower for the CQBR and move my Brownells Colt CR-prefix lower to the block 1.

Gonna have to be a dirty deadair peasant for a while though. At least til the summer
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 4:07:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By 762hunter2:

Ordered one. Thanks guys. Cheapest I could find was $565 shipped so $530 shipped isn’t half bad.

So far I’ve got:
Brownells DD MK18 upper
Colt BCG & CH
KAC 2-6 and taupe 99051
Eotech EXPS3-0
Surefire M600

Whenever SilencerShop’s Form 1 Service comes back up I’ll SBR my block 1 Colt 6920 lower for the CQBR and

move my Brownells Colt CR-prefix lower to the block 1.

Gonna have to be a dirty deadair peasant for a while though. At least til the summer
View Quote
Why wait for silencershop when you can just efile a form 1 yourself and save the extra wait time?
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 5:37:31 PM EDT
[#35]
thinking about just trying to use my armorers wrench to get the RIS II off...who had the better version of the DD RIS II wrench again?
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 5:44:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Soupmod05:
Why wait for silencershop when you can just efile a form 1 yourself and save the extra wait time?
View All Quotes

So far I’ve got:
Brownells DD MK18 upper
Colt BCG & CH
KAC 2-6 and taupe 99051
Eotech EXPS3-0
Surefire M600

Whenever SilencerShop’s Form 1 Service comes back up I’ll SBR my block 1 Colt 6920 lower for the CQBR and

move my Brownells Colt CR-prefix lower to the block 1.

This.

19 days for mine.
Submitted on 2-1 and approved 2-20
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 5:52:06 PM EDT
[#37]
thinking about just trying to use my armorers wrench to get the RIS II off...who had the better version of the DD RIS II wrench again?
View Quote
Looking for the same!
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 6:39:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 762hunter2] [#38]

View Quote
Eh I think I’m gonna do the single shot trust for the lower. I like the idea of having SilencerShop review my info and not having to do fingerprints again.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 6:54:01 PM EDT
[#39]

So far I’ve got:
Brownells DD MK18 upper
Colt BCG & CH
KAC 2-6 and taupe 99051
Eotech EXPS3-0
Surefire M600

Whenever SilencerShop’s Form 1 Service comes back up I’ll SBR my block 1 Colt 6920 lower for the CQBR and move my Brownells Colt CR-prefix lower to the block 1.

View Quote
Not sure if you are talking about the SID Kiosk but if you are you may want to reconsider.  I filed a Form 1 through the Silencer Shop Kiosk on November 11th and it sat stalled in the system until I cancelled it on or about January 31.  I then e-filed and had the stamp back in 15 days.  E-file is well worth the effort of sending in fingerprint cards.

Cheers
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 7:10:15 PM EDT
[#40]
My socom RC showed up at the dealer finally. Gonna try and swing by there tomorrow and take a couple pictures.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 7:54:56 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote
For a SOPMOD, this is what you want:
https://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/stock-parts/buttstocks/ar-15-government-issue-sopmod-stock-collapsible-mil-spec-prod117746.aspx

The price isn't particularly great and black is out of stock. Shark Arms had them for $65, but they're out, unfortunately. Brownells had them for $50 during BF, but that doesn't do you any good, either :\.

Either way, you want a Gen 1 without the QD from either B5 or LMT; I prefer LMT (you can find them occasionally on the EE for decent prices). FYI, the quality, fit and finish on B5 Gen 1 Coyote and LMT are about the same; the fit and finish on the black B5 isn't that great. Plenty usable, just the black Gen 1 B5 is a bit rough compared to the LMT and B5 Coyote.

View Quote
Eh I think I’m gonna do the single shot trust for the lower. I like the idea of having SilencerShop review my info and not having to do fingerprints again.
View Quote
On the issue of fingerprints, it's quite easy to roll your own - an ink pad is about $5 and the FD258 cards are free from ATF. Who knows when SS will be offering eForms again.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 8:53:22 PM EDT
[#42]
View Quote
It'll do it, just make sure you're using it in the right direction. If you go the other way, it'll spread open and slip off.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 8:59:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:
It'll do it, just make sure you're using it in the right direction. If you go the other way, it'll spread open and slip off.
View All Quotes
Yeah, as long as your wrench has a castle nut spanner on it (like on the bottom of the wrench below), it'll do just fine.

Since it's only engaging one slot, it'll very slightly distort the aluminum in the slot you use, but that won't hurt anything. I've used my Tapco multiple times to remove/install RIS IIs.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 9:06:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Yeah, as long as your wrench has a castle nut spanner on it (like on the bottom of the wrench below), it'll do just fine.

https://www.mountsplus.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/tapco-armorers-wrench.jpg

Since it's only engaging one slot, it'll very slightly distort the aluminum in the slot you use, but that won't hurt anything. I've used my Tapco multiple times to remove/install RIS IIs.
View All Quotes

Thank you gentlemen!
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 9:21:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dyzastr] [#45]

View Quote
That makes me miss my mk8 setup.

Link Posted: 2/22/2019 9:28:16 PM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes

Derp....long day. Didn't see the part about the armorers wrench. Thought he was talking about the wrench that comes with the RIS.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 11:57:54 PM EDT
[#47]
A couple of builds in progress

Link Posted: 2/23/2019 12:21:39 AM EDT
[#48]
A couple of builds in progress

https://i.imgur.com/avlgUWK.jpg
View Quote
Good. Night. Man, you've been doing some acquiring of nice things Can't wait to see said builds come together. On another note, I love that the FDE gas busters are a darker bronze now rather than 80s BMX bike parts gold. Though I guess depending on the build--something with 18 different shades of FDE--that might actually be cooler.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 1:52:42 AM EDT
[#49]
People... talk me off a ledge! I really want to get an elcan su230 but for the price i feel like im gonna hate it compared to my nightforce lpvo and other options especially for the 2k price tag. But i really like the looks of them...
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 2:07:23 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Conner378:
People... talk me off a ledge! I really want to get an elcan su230 but for the price i feel like im gonna hate it compared to my nightforce lpvo and other options especially for the 2k price tag. But i really like the looks of them...
View Quote
You came to the wrong place to get talked out of an SU-230. You already have cans, NV, and LAMs......time to buy an Elcan.
Page / 1567
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 1171 of 1567)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top