AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 1078 of 1565)
Page / 1565
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 7:46:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By cdholmes:
Just a heads up.  Have a 10.3 lightweight barrel and Surefire 4P in the EE.
View Quote
We don't do "light weight" round these parts buck'o.....you'd know that if you didn't sell all your CQBR's the day after you build em'
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 7:57:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:

We don't do "light weight" round these parts buck'o.....you'd know that if you didn't sell all your CQBR's the day after you build em'
View Quote
It’s to fund a new project that I will probably post pictures of here when I’m done to piss you guys off
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 8:34:49 PM EDT
[#3]

It’s to fund a new project that I will probably post pictures of here when I’m done to piss you guys off
View Quote
Must be a 10.5
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 8:36:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Scored a NIB M600C, received the CQD sling mounts, and sent off my upper to ADCO.

Link Posted: 9/21/2018 8:41:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By wissota4:

Must be a 10.5
View Quote
Might've even gone with 10.4 just to really troll us
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 8:46:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By AZ_SBR:

Might've even gone with 10.4 just to really troll us
View Quote
Not quite.  It will be something of a hybrid.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 10:24:57 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Noice. I installed a Geissele Maritime Bolt Catch on my CQBR today. They'll eventually show up on issued guns so I said fuck it. But man, what a night and day difference. That extra real estate on both ends is so nice, and the aggressive checkering is grippy as hell. FAR superior over the standard bolt catch I've used all these years.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 11:08:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dyzastr] [#8]

It's to fund a new project that I will probably post pictures of here when I'm done to piss you guys off
View Quote
And then sell it two weeks later for the next. Believe me, Im not complaining, I enjoy the parts.  I have the same problem with sticking to a build only my builds won't let me sell them. Really, I've been threatened. Someone help.

Eta can't wait to see, specific to this thread?

Noice. I installed a Geissele Maritime Bolt Catch on my CQBR today. They'll eventually show up on issued guns so I said fuck it. But man, what a night and day difference. That extra real estate on both ends is so nice, and the aggressive checkering is grippy as hell. FAR superior over the standard bolt catch I've used all these years.
View Quote
Nice to know. The EE prices are pretty close to what they are retail when you can find em, but I was thinkin of tryin one if I found a deal to see how it felt.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 11:29:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Speaking of builds...

Got the parts in to finish my diemaco block 2 build with tr21. Already have the port door and fa installed.
Along with those parts, I had a raised C Cardinal forge with proof marks waitin for me when I got home. I was considering this for my newest eod iteration. It's very purple depending on the lighting. It's not quite the dry anodized purple, but more of a shiny dull finish that I've seen on my older m4 upper.

Link Posted: 9/21/2018 11:29:19 PM EDT
[#10]
View All Quotes

I've considered trying one, but I'm afraid it'd be too close to my ambi mag release. From pictures, it looks like it would clear, but I'm not sure I want it jammed up that close.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 11:34:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Dyzastr:
Speaking of builds...

Got the parts in to finish my diemaco block 2 build with tr21. Already have the port door and fa installed.
Along with those parts, I had a raised C Cardinal forge with proof marks waitin for me when I got home. I was considering this for my newest eod iteration. It's very purple depending on the lighting. It's not quite the dry anodized purple, but more of a shiny dull finish that I've seen on my older m4 upper.
http://i.imgur.com/lH6N5Zj.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ecZyzTI.jpg
View Quote
Where did you grab the complete port door and FA assemblies? Is the FA good quality?

I need a couple of good quality FAs at a reasonable price and maybe a port door as well.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 12:43:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#12]
Originally Posted By krdt:
I've considered trying one, but I'm afraid it'd be too close to my ambi mag release. From pictures, it looks like it would clear, but I'm not sure I want it jammed up that close.
View All Quotes

I would give it a shot. You'll be pleasantly surprised after mag changes and any locking bolt back. Plus they're fairly inexpensive, way worth it and its just a roll pin if you change your mind. Hell if you do buy one and change your mind ill buy it off ya. I still need one more.

Link Posted: 9/22/2018 1:52:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Speaking of builds...

View Quote
That's a nice, salty looking old girl.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 2:08:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:
View All Quotes
Speaking of builds...

The inside is nice and young lookin. Prob spent a lot of time rollin around a trunk or as a spare in a box. I'll have to get a good pic of the purple for ya. For now, here it is mocked up as an eod with my new found gen 1 Casv. This one is more in line with what was purchased. It's a lot slimmer, and the fsb cutout just barely clears.  Sleeker for sure.  Gonna wait a few days before I commit and torque it all down.  Not sure I wanna commit that upper to the eod yet.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 2:18:15 AM EDT
[#15]
The inside is nice and young lookin. Prob spent a lot of time rollin around a trunk or as a spare in a box. I'll have to get a good pic of the purple for ya. For now, here it is mocked up as an eod with my new found gen 1 Casv. This one is more in line with what was purchased. It's a lot slimmer, and the fsb cutout just barely clears.  Sleeker for sure.  Gonna wait a few days before I commit and torque it all down.  Not sure I wanna commit that upper to the eod yet.
http://i.imgur.com/vW1znjC.jpg
View All Quotes
Speaking of builds...

http://i.imgur.com/vW1znjC.jpg
I've got a somewhat salty looking upper on my radar in the EE that's a pretty decent price. Just gotta talk myself into it.

No idea on what it would be used for though.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 2:46:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Speaking of parts, again, what/is there a clone correct sling for the mod 0?
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 3:18:01 PM EDT
[#17]

Where did you grab the complete port door and FA assemblies? Is the FA good quality?

I need a couple of good quality FAs at a reasonable price and maybe a port door as well.
View Quote
Both are from brownells, dpms teardrop fa, and complete door. $14.99 for the complete fa, and $6.99 for the door.

I've got a somewhat salty looking upper on my radar in the EE that's a pretty decent price. Just gotta talk myself into it.

View Quote
Do it! She'll tell you what she wants to be .
Originally Posted By SlasherMcGee:
Speaking of parts, again, what/is there a clone correct sling for the mod 0?
View Quote
Colt issued/ Vtac. I enjoy the Vtac.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 4:25:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AZ_SBR] [#18]
QRP mount came in today. Did I get the right one for Block I?

Link Posted: 9/22/2018 4:31:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dyzastr] [#19]
As it sits with the lower 1/3, it should be the same height as a Wilcox. Looks great!

Eta- yup, that is correct.

Eta-2

I think I got the purple. It's elusive. One second it's there, next it's solid black.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 7:27:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: compuvette] [#20]
As it sits with the lower 1/3, it should be the same height as a Wilcox. Looks great!

Eta- yup, that is correct.

Eta-2

I think I got the purple. It's elusive. One second it's there, next it's solid black.
http://i.imgur.com/Jrz7Lcv.jpg
View Quote
Damn Dyzastr.  Your sticks just keep looking better.  I can tell you’re in Indiana as those leaves look the same as mine right now.  Loving the weather right now.  I’m planning on burning some rounds through a couple CQBR’s tomorrow and swear I’ll post pics.

ETA - Pic thread....

Link Posted: 9/22/2018 8:37:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dyzastr] [#21]
Originally Posted By compuvette:

Damn Dyzastr.  Your sticks just keep looking better.  I can tell you're in Indiana as those leaves look the same as mine right now.  Loving the weather right now.  I'm planning on burning some rounds through a couple CQBR's tomorrow and swear I'll post pics.

ETA - Pic thread....

https://i.imgur.com/7666eWs.jpg
View Quote
Thank you sir. You all have set a very high standard to follow. I've been tryin to fix the little details. It really makes a difference. I never intended to end up with that many, but once you do a mod 0 you want a cqbr block1, then an eod clone, then a block 2, then a urgi mk18... Too damn many and I love aspects of each period. Especially the weird ones. Now this damn thread has got me eyeballin a black nt4. They have taupe, but I've been enjoying black recently. What would you guys do if given the option? Am I crazy for leanin towards black when taupe is available?
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 10:06:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Thank you sir. You all have set a very high standard to follow. I've been tryin to fix the little details. It really makes a difference. I never intended to end up with that many, but once you do a mod 0 you want a cqbr block1, then an eod clone, then a block 2, then a urgi mk18... Too damn many and I love aspects of each period. Especially the weird ones. Now this damn thread has got me eyeballin a black nt4. They have taupe, but I've been enjoying black recently. What would you guys do if given the option? Am I crazy for leanin towards black when taupe is available?
View Quote
Did you have any clones before you made your account here?
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 10:24:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dyzastr] [#23]
View All Quotes
nope, no clones before my account. In fact I started my account so I could buy my first colt 10.3" (10.4") mod 0 type upper. I have been following this thread since 2014/2016 though.

eta- just realized it's been a year already since signing up.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 10:47:03 PM EDT
[#24]
nope, no clones before my account. In fact I started my account so I could buy my first colt 10.3" (10.4") mod 0 type upper. I have been following this thread since 2014/2016 though.

eta- just realized it's been a year already since signing up.
View Quote
Damnnn buddy, you have been busy. Lol
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 11:41:15 PM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes

Put in some feelers on it. Waiting to see his reply.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 4:34:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: brodband8] [#26]
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 8:04:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dyzastr] [#27]
Now I have CCR's Bad Moon rising in my head. Are those new NV, or is it an edit filter in the pic? If it is NV, that is very clear!

Eta- it's real nv, that is a very cleat image, what nv are you runnin?
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 8:35:59 AM EDT
[#28]
Now I have CCR's Bad Moon rising in my head. Are those new NV, or is it an edit filter in the pic? If it is NV, that is very clear!

Eta- it's real nv, that is a very cleat image, what nv are you runnin?
View Quote
That white phosphorus tho.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 9:11:42 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By eMc9001:

View Quote
Aha. I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to n.v. I must say that is a pleasing image. Very clear. Are white phosphorus tubes the the top dog? Or does it depend more on application?
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 9:17:33 AM EDT
[#30]

View Quote
Nice.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 12:40:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Aha. I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to n.v. I must say that is a pleasing image. Very clear. Are white phosphorus tubes the the top dog? Or does it depend more on application?
View All Quotes

WP is the bees knees new hotness.

Someone out there now has full color NV.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 12:42:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Nice.
View All Quotes

Nice.
Still no response.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 12:44:30 PM EDT
[#33]

Still no response.
View Quote
Don’t worry. Some people don’t even respond. Atleast they can they say no.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 12:57:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brodband8] [#34]
It’s just an image through one of my binos I took at the range this early AM.  Real clean high spec L3 filmless WP.  Comparing the original image to the one I uploaded it definitely degraded it a bunch too.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 1:01:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By brodband8:
It’s just an image through one of my binos I took at the range this early AM.  Real clean high spec L3 filmless WP.
View Quote
Definitely a whole lot cleaner than my gen 3 ITT tube was. 1999 manufacture.

Still miss that thing tho. But hard to justify when all you can use it for is star gazing and wondering if that floaty streaky thing is a meteor, satellite or aliens.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 2:15:51 PM EDT
[#36]
So has anyone had any issues not getting their SOCOM RC (original not RC2) to seat all the way down? I had my first conjugal today with the can, it's a used can ~400 rounds on it. Have the 4 prong on and it wouldn't fully seat on that index pin on the bottom of the 4 prong, it was about 3/8" shy of going down all the way. No carbon build up on the 4P either. Tried everything I could to get it on even the gunsmith couldn't do it, told me to RMA the shit lol.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 2:23:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: krdt] [#37]
So has anyone had any issues not getting their SOCOM RC (original not RC2) to seat all the way down? I had my first conjugal today with the can, it's a used can ~400 rounds on it. Have the 4 prong on and it wouldn't fully seat on that index pin on the bottom of the 4 prong, it was about 3/8" shy of going down all the way. No carbon build up on the 4P either. Tried everything I could to get it on even the gunsmith couldn't do it, told me to RMA the shit lol.
View Quote
Stating the obvious, but are you sure you had the locking ring all the way unlocked? You'd think if someone managed to put 400 rounds through it that it works. Mine fit fine on the 3P I had at the time (haven't visited since I got a 4P), but it's a new RC as well.

No chance it's a fake 4P is there? :\.

I'd try it on another SF muzzle device if you can, just to rule out any issues with the MD.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 2:32:05 PM EDT
[#38]

Stating the obvious, but are you sure you had the locking ring all the way unlocked? You'd think if someone managed to put 400 rounds through it that it works. Mine fit fine on the 3P I had at the time (haven't visited since I got a 4P), but it's a new RC as well.

I'd try it on another SF muzzle device if you can, just to rule out any issues with the MD.
View Quote
Yeah I fully locked and unlocked the locking ring with the can off the mount to make sure. I've had several 4P's in the past and this looks just the same but honestly don't know what a fake looks like lol. I may have to buy another to try it out. ETA: this is the only picture I have on hand as I'm not home at the moment
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 2:59:52 PM EDT
[#39]
View Quote
Maybe carbon build up from a different style muzzle device?
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 3:01:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Super_Trouper:

Maybe carbon build up from a different style muzzle device?
View Quote
That's what I thought at first and had the guy scrub it with a brush to see if I could seat it that way. My other can's are completely caked with 2k rounds and still seat fine all the time so thought it was weird.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 3:03:15 PM EDT
[#41]

That's what I thought at first and had the guy scrub it with a brush to see if I could seat it that way. My other can's are completely caked with 2k rounds and still seat fine all the time so thought it was weird.
View Quote
Did he scrub just the sides or what? May need to try a little wipe out patch out on the blast baffle. It’s worth a shot, at least.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 3:06:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Super_Trouper:

Did he scrub just the sides or what? May need to try a little wipe out patch out on the blast baffle. It’s worth a shot, at least.
View Quote
Just scrubbed the initial mounting area, not the blast baffle.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 3:17:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Yeah I fully locked and unlocked the locking ring with the can off the mount to make sure. I've had several 4P's in the past and this looks just the same but honestly don't know what a fake looks like lol. I may have to buy another to try it out. ETA: this is the only picture I have on hand as I'm not home at the moment
https://i.imgur.com/aIEXjeM.jpg
View All Quotes

https://i.imgur.com/aIEXjeM.jpg
The only reason I mention it is that I saw a 4P sell not too long ago that from the photos appeared to be clearly the wrong dimensions next to other 4Ps. I suppose it could've been a FH762RC (the 7.62 4P version), but it wasn't listed as such. That'd be a rather major detail to omit since it'd be 5/8-24 and not 1/2-28 threads.

The most widely circulated and otherwise convincing fake/airsoft 4Ps I've seen usually have a set screw hole in the same location as the blind pilot hole on a 3P. There might be some without, but they usually have some other sign of being fake (no logo, clearly the wrong finish, etc.). If you have access to a 3P you can always take some calipers and compare. The outside dimensions of a 3P and 4P should be exactly the same.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 3:19:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eMc9001] [#44]

The only reason I mention it is that I saw a 4P sell not too long ago that from the photos appeared to be clearly the wrong dimensions next to other 4Ps. I suppose it could've been a FH762RC (the 7.62 4P version), but it wasn't listed as such. That'd be a rather major detail to omit since it'd be 5/8-24 and not 1/2-28 threads.

The most widely circulated and otherwise convincing fake/airsoft 4Ps I've seen usually have a set screw hole in the same location as the blind pilot hole on a 3P. There might be some without, but they usually have some other sign of being fake (no logo, clearly the wrong finish, etc.). If you have access to a 3P you can always take some calipers and compare. The outside dimensions of a 3P and 4P should be exactly the same.
View Quote
Well that's interesting I have seen the airsoft ones before but I didn't think they came branded with the SF logo on them. I don't have access to any 3 prong's unfortunately or have a spare compatible muzzle device either. Think I'll have to score a 3P just to do a test to see if the 4P is the real issue then resell it I suppose, Do have calipers on hand though.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 3:28:39 PM EDT
[#45]
I don't have access to any 3 prong's unfortunately. Have no spare compatible muzzle devices either. Think I'll have to score a 3P just to do a test to see if the 4P is the real issue then resell it I suppose. Do have calipers on hand though.
View All Quotes

I don't have access to any 3 prong's unfortunately. Have no spare compatible muzzle devices either. Think I'll have to score a 3P just to do a test to see if the 4P is the real issue then resell it I suppose. Do have calipers on hand though.
OAL should be 2.67". I just checked mine and the width at the widest point (collar including index point) is .986". Might not have anything to do with the MD, but doesn't hurt to eliminate that first.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 3:42:10 PM EDT
[#46]

Still miss that thing tho. But hard to justify when all you can use it for is star gazing and wondering if that floaty streaky thing is a meteor, satellite or aliens.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By brodband8:
It’s just an image through one of my binos I took at the range this early AM.  Real clean high spec L3 filmless WP.

Stargazing? Pfft. I'd be out in the desert at night, driving with all the lights off, engaging in murder and mayhem. And no one would suspect a thing :D.

Seriously, I need to get some thermal and NV; I've been thinking about it more and more lately. I wish the shit wasn't so expensive.

I kinda figured I'd wait until I could get a really nice setup, but I suppose I could swing something that'd still be decent now. It's really just a matter of staying focused on that and not getting distracted with all the other clone/gun shit I could buy instead.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 3:43:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eMc9001] [#47]

OAL should be 2.67". I just checked mine and the width at the widest point (collar including index point) is .986". Might not have anything to do with the MD, but doesn't hurt to eliminate that first.
View Quote
Yep, that's what I'm getting as far as measurements. Still going to try a 3P just in case to rule it out and see if the can is the issue. Find it odd though since it was run for a few hundred rounds.

Edit: I have the same thought's as you on NVG. I wish I would get into it as I have several friend's who do but I keep starting more damn clone project's and never end up finishing. As much as I have tied into my MK12/17/18 I could have had 2 pairs of binos lol.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 4:03:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Yep, that's what I'm getting as far as measurements. Still going to try a 3P just in case to rule it out and see if the can is the issue. Find it odd though since it was run for a few hundred rounds.
View All Quotes

Hmm... sounds like it's not the MD. When I got my 4P I checked it against my 3P just to be sure, and everything matched up. If a genuine 4P won't work, I doubt a 3P would. The SFCT is at least a shorter OAL, so maybe that would have a chance?

I checked one other dimension, the locking tab itself - mine is .125".

Speaking of fakes, there are definitely several that have logos now. A lot of the time the retailers will strip or blur the logo for product photos, but they are out there.

Fake w/ logo:
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 4:10:17 PM EDT
[#49]

Hmm... sounds like it's not the MD. When I got my 4P I checked it against my 3P just to be sure, and everything matched up. If a genuine 4P won't work, I doubt a 3P would. The SFCT is at least a shorter OAL, so maybe that would have a chance?

I checked one other dimension, the locking tab itself - mine is .125".

Speaking of fakes, there are definitely several that have logos now. A lot of the time the retailers will strip or blur the logo for product photos, but they are out there.

Fake w/ logo:
http://wkd.site.nfoservers.com/CQBR/host/sf.fh556rc-fake.jpg
View Quote
Airsoft kid's ruin everything. I'll have to ask what the original guy ran as he didn't include his muzzle device as I didn't really ask to be honest.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 4:16:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Look at the back of your 4P. A lot of the good fakes have a dimple or hole where you would normally pin and weld.
Page / 1565
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 1078 of 1565)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top