Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 1514 of 1565)
Page / 1565
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 11:14:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Can I post this here ??

.22 LR CQBR build that I chopped, threaded, crowned the barrel, and assembled together so far

Link Posted: 4/28/2022 11:20:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MNRidesHonda:
Can I post this here ??

.22 LR CQBR build that I chopped, threaded, crowned the barrel, and assembled together so far
View Quote

Yes
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 2:51:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: brodband8] [#3]

Glad I'm not the only one that did this and used a real 4p lol.

The only thing I haven't done is turned my trainer into a .22 specific form 1 can yet.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 10:08:20 AM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 4/29/2022 11:40:55 AM EDT
[#5]
This page is now the .22 LR page
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 7:11:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Ha, that is a great idea. Do a threaded endcap with a removable baffle stack for cleaning and that would be an awesome RC lookalike .22 can.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 3:40:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Can't keep the T2 off this thing.  Also snagged a single insight pad to run instead of dual.

Link Posted: 5/1/2022 5:37:09 PM EDT
[#8]
I’ve been happy with my Magpul angled grip on my MK18 but that TangoDown stubby just looks so good to me.  
However I seem to recall someone mentioning in this thread that the normal stubby was a pain to get on the DD rail.  Any truth to that?  I suppose I could just go the QD route.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 5:55:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: teamjawbox] [#9]
Originally Posted By blindrocket:
I’ve been happy with my Magpul angled grip on my MK18 but that TangoDown stubby just looks so good to me.  
However I seem to recall someone mentioning in this thread that the normal stubby was a pain to get on the DD rail.  Any truth to that?  I suppose I could just go the QD route.
View Quote

If you remove a couple of the screws that joins the rails together the TD goes on pretty easy.  It's just that piece of rail at the front that makes it difficult, but by separating the rails slightly it will go right on.

ETA: my terminology likely sucks, lol.  Pic for reference. The red dot is the piece of the rail that makes it a pain to get started.  If you loosen up some of the screws (like shown in purple circle) the rail will drop down away from the piece in the way, and you'll be able to slide it on easily.  After VFG is in place just tighten back up the screws you removed.  Piece of cake and a flat head screwdriver and a couple minutes was all that was needed.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/1/2022 6:05:25 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

It sucks, but is totally doable.

I have VFGs on nearly every rifle now (long and short) and position them to be a handstop instead.  Give it a try!

Link Posted: 5/1/2022 10:39:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cajunkraut] [#11]
View Quote

Using the TD Grip Chips is key. Removing the rail is one way, or just muscle the grip on. Set the rifle upright on its stock, angle the grip over the bottom rail's protruding edge and push the grip downward toward the receiver.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 11:08:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dyzastr] [#12]
Edit- removed possible airsoft image.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 11:15:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Airsoft alarms are blaring.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 11:30:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By teamjawbox:

If you remove a couple of the screws that joins the rails together the TD goes on pretty easy.  It's just that piece of rail at the front that makes it difficult, but by separating the rails slightly it will go right on.

ETA: my terminology likely sucks, lol.  Pic for reference. The red dot is the piece of the rail that makes it a pain to get started.  If you loosen up some of the screws (like shown in purple circle) the rail will drop down away from the piece in the way, and you'll be able to slide it on easily.  After VFG is in place just tighten back up the screws you removed.  Piece of cake and a flat head screwdriver and a couple minutes was all that was needed.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/343681/20220501_174459_2_jpg-2368893.JPG

View Quote

Those front screws are just storage screw locations, the ones further back are attached to the bottom rail.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 11:47:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By brodband8:

Those front screws are just storage screw locations, the ones further back are attached to the bottom rail.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By teamjawbox:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/343681/20220501_174459_2_jpg-2368893.JPG

Thanks for pointing that out.  Angle I took the pic at was the best I could do at the moment and didn't show the other screws.  I remembered they were flat heads as well so just circled that one figuring if he takes enough of them out the rail will come loose eventually
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 12:23:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Thanks for the help, and the picture!  

Link Posted: 5/2/2022 7:59:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Alaska511:

I have VFGs on nearly every rifle now (long and short) and position them to be a handstop instead.  Give it a try!

https://hosting.photobucket.com/albums/h385/alaskaLTZ/.highres/DSC02537zz_zpsmbeo4t1n.jpg
View Quote
Is that some filter in software that you run that photo through to get the pencil-etching effect?  Pretty cool.
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 12:29:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 7:25:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dyzastr] [#19]
Originally Posted By tanodized:
Airsoft alarms are blaring.
View Quote
Lol. I definitely got that feel, especially with the background. It's a re-post from a "dd ris ii" thread. With the dust cover closed, I wasn't 100% certain. He even has ear plugs in his stock.

Edit- this is to make up for the possible airsoft pic.

Vltor modstock and teardrop forward assist.
Attachment Attached File

These appear to be simunitions.
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 9:38:05 PM EDT
[#20]
View Quote

Having the QD model can definitely be handy in certain situations -- beyond just the one-time install. For example, if you want to shoot off sandbags or use a turret for zeroing or load dev, being able to quickly remove your VFG for a flat resting surface and then easily reattach saves a big pain in the ass.

All my TD Stubbies are QD for that reason.
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 11:07:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Hey, has anyone upgraded their Comtac IIIs for Comtac Vs? Did you feel like it was worth it?

Thinking about getting some Vs, but it'd be nice to hear some opinions from those that have already made the switch. I figure it'll cost me less than $100 if that makes a difference to the "worth it" angle. Is sound fidelity noticeably improved?

Not strictly clone-related, but I know a lot of us in here run Comtacs.
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 12:02:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dyzastr] [#22]
Originally Posted By krdt:
Hey, has anyone upgraded their Comtac IIIs for Comtac Vs? Did you feel like it was worth it?

Thinking about getting some Vs, but it'd be nice to hear some opinions from those that have already made the switch. I figure it'll cost me less than $100 if that makes a difference to the "worth it" angle. Is sound fidelity noticeably improved?

View Quote
I do not have the V's (I have comtac iii's also) but I have heard more than a few accounts of high pitched ringing in one ear right out of the box. Just something to be aware of/ research before pulling the trigger.
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 2:40:18 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Dyzastr:
I do not have the V's (I have comtac iii's also) but I have heard more than a few accounts of high pitched ringing in one ear right out of the box. Just something to be aware of/ research before pulling the trigger.
View All Quotes

Thanks for the heads up. Admittedly, I haven't done a ton of research yet, but I hadn't heard that, so good to know.
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 3:13:25 AM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

I have a set of Vs.  While I never owned IIIs and can't compare them, the Vs are very comfortable and I find nothing lacking from the sound.  I have used them at multiple classes and don't even realize I have them on most of the time.

The downside is that they do not work with my TYT MD-UV390.  I have friends who successfully use their Comtac IIIs with the same radio, Disco32 adapter, and Peltor PTT - so the issue seems to be something with the Vs.
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 8:34:47 AM EDT
[#25]
I have comtac IIIs, AMPs, and Comtac V.  The V is night and day difference better in audio quality over the IIIs.  After wearing Vs for a few minutes and going back to comtac III you will think your audio is muffled.
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 12:27:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Lol. I definitely got that feel, especially with the background. It's a re-post from a "dd ris ii" thread. With the dust cover closed, I wasn't 100% certain. He even has ear plugs in his stock.

Edit- this is to make up for the possible airsoft pic.

Vltor modstock and teardrop forward assist.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/471387/0D0C119F-DB2A-42F9-B465-8576351FD133_jpe-2370178.JPG

These appear to be simunitions.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/471387/63F87805-453C-4319-ABEA-8208E483E2FE_jpe-2370187.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/471387/964AC474-4055-412C-B19F-5F73791A9BDF_jpe-2370188.JPG
View Quote

I really like the way the original Modstock looks. I'd love to pick one up.
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 6:07:59 PM EDT
[#27]
View All Quotes

That's just the tinnitus sneaking through.
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 7:16:33 PM EDT
[#28]
I have comtac IIIs, AMPs, and Comtac V.  The V is night and day difference better in audio quality over the IIIs.  After wearing Vs for a few minutes and going back to comtac III you will think your audio is muffled.
View Quote

Wow, that big of a difference, hey? I may have to snag a pair then.

And as an added bonus, I'd finally have some Comtacs in proper Coyote Brown, lol. I got my IIIs at a great price, but the choices were Foliage Green or Black. I ended up liking the FG more than I thought I would, but I definitely would've preferred CB.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 5:02:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Which KAC rear sight do I want for my MK18 Mod 1?
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 6:26:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By alpha0815:
Which KAC rear sight do I want for my MK18 Mod 1?
View Quote

Big noob Kac 300m or 2-600m
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 7:09:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BMM] [#31]
delete
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 11:23:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Thanks for the input fellas; picked up a pair of Comtac Vs that should be here Monday.

Also grabbed some standard 3M gel cups as well as the "Prohear" brand on Amazon to give them a comparison -- they were reviewed really well, so I'm curious to give them a try. Obviously, haven't installed them yet, but they arrived today and look promising as possibly an improvement on the 3M cups. They are still nice n' squishy, but are slightly more firm -- assuming they're just as comfy, they should hold their shape longer. I'll give them a go once the Vs get here and we shall see.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 4:51:13 AM EDT
[#33]
Am I gonna get dragged across concrete for this spare parts build ?

How far off an I?
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 12:45:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By TinyCrumb:
https://i.imgur.com/chewG9N.jpg
View Quote

@tinycrumb Rad builds don't get enough recognition in this forum. This clone build is awesome. We need a "Like" button.

I noticed you and Call Sign Ninja @mnrideshonda run LMT extension tubes on your builds--the gray Teflon coated exterior is unique to those. My Colt 4-position extension receiver is out of spec and every stock I've tried is loose and rattles. I've been wanting to track down one of these LMT receiver extensions forever and they finally just become available on their site again.

Link
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 6:35:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: krdt] [#35]
Originally Posted By AZ_SBR:

@tinycrumb Rad builds don't get enough recognition in this forum. This clone build is awesome. We need a "Like" button.

I noticed you and Call Sign Ninja @mnrideshonda run LMT extension tubes on your builds--the gray Teflon coated exterior is unique to those. My Colt 4-position extension receiver is out of spec and every stock I've tried is loose and rattles. I've been wanting to track down one of these LMT receiver extensions forever and they finally just become available on their site again.

Link
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TinyCrumb:
https://i.imgur.com/chewG9N.jpg

Link

What is your O.D. measurement? It's possible it's out-of-spec, but it could just be at the small end of allowable spec.

I measured several of my Colt 4 pos, and got 1.1495", 1.149", 1.149" and on the worn smooth RC host, 1.1455" -- those were all unpainted to eliminate that as a variable. An LMT Gen 1 fits almost perfectly on 1.1455" -- i.e. no wiggle, but still adjusts smoothly. The LMT on 1.149" is a bit on the tight side for my preference -- still adjusts, but can take a little effort and/or get stuck with a new extension. Also, I don't think any of them are 100% perfectly round and they may have tiny high points -- be it finish or imperfect machining -- that can make the fit seem tighter on one than another, even if they both measure the same centered from the top with the extension alignment rail at 6 o'clock.

Edit: Guess you already sold it so it doesn't really matter, lol.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 6:51:29 PM EDT
[#36]
I measured specs with a cheap-o digital caliper from Harbor Freight and fed the various numbers to a really helpful dude at B5. To your point, it was on the low side of what was acceptable in terms of mil-spec. So not technically out of spec and for the average gun guy, fine. I just couldn't get the tight fit I was used to with other Colt receiver extension and CTR or B5 Gov SOPMOD stocks I've owned.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 7:16:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: krdt] [#37]
Yeah, the extension on one of the Colt Govt Property lowers I picked up recently is actually a good bit tighter fitting with an LMT Gen 1 than I prefer. Funny enough, the same stock fits better on the NT4 host extension that technically measures larger at 1.1495" and on the other Govt Property lower that measures the same at 1.149".

You can see the high point drag mark that's causing it, so you also have the variable of them not being 100% perfectly round to factor into how a particular stock is going to fit -- and even have two extensions that measure the same yet fit the same stock differently. Basically, short of having half a dozen on hand to try, it's gonna be entirely luck of the draw.

For the tight one mentioned above, I'd wager it will smooth out with use regardless.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 8:59:08 PM EDT
[#38]
It's slowly become less of a clone over the years, but I still love this rifle

Link Posted: 5/10/2022 11:58:12 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 12:01:06 PM EDT
[#40]

First clear pic I've seen. Sweet.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 2:27:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Anyone know what units were issued Su-269's? Elcan is the only clone optic I do not have and have not tried, kind of have an itch for one..
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 2:29:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By JLAudio:
Anyone know what units were issued Su-269's? Elcan is the only clone optic I do not have and have not tried, kind of have an itch for one..
View Quote
Ives seen some non-high speed navy unit with one. I know people have said recon uses them but I've only seen one pic of recon with an elcan and it didn't look like it was su-269 marked
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 2:32:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JLAudio] [#43]
Originally Posted By LsuJon:
Ives seen some non-high speed navy unit with one. I know people have said recon uses them but I've only seen one pic of recon with an elcan and it didn't look like it was su-269 marked
View Quote

Google is telling me force recon issued them, but that could be some random guy on the internet justifying his purchase. 269 is black, 230 is tan.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 2:32:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By JLAudio:
View Quote

TACP unit purchased them for issue in around 2009-2010.  I will look through pics to see if they were 269 marked.  I deployed with one 2012-2013.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 10:24:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By sbye:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/260726/20220508_205755-2377109.jpg
View Quote

@sbye

What offset light mount is that?
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 11:06:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dyzastr] [#46]

@sbye

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sbye:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/260726/20220508_205755-2377109.jpg

@sbye

Not op, but it's the surefire rotational picatinny mount that comes with the pro series I believe. Comes in mlok too.
Surefire pro scout series
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 11:17:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sbye] [#47]
Not op, but it's the surefire rotational picatinny mount that comes with the pro series I believe. Comes in mlok too.
Surefire pro scout series
View Quote

@alpha0815 This is correct. It's the Surefire M640DF Pro and it comes with that pic mount and an mlok mount.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 12:35:16 AM EDT
[#48]
Nice! NGAL and fde Surefire Scout Pro Vampire (at least from what I can tell). Someone with the parts should throw a clone of this together.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 1:14:38 PM EDT
[#49]

Link
View Quote

Thx dude, appreciate it.

I honestly forgot that I used those, but you're right, I do remember picking a few up like 10 years ago and put them on some of my lowers. I think at the time I was frustrated with 4-position tubes because the sopmod stock is so long that with kit on I needed a position between 1 and 2. They've just sort of been on my lowers ever since. They do seem to fit most of my stocks pretty well.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 10:59:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Members of U.S. Naval Special Warfare Task Unit Europe (NSWTU-E) gear up for night-time DA (Direct Action) training alongside Croatian SOFCOM – Zapovjedništvo specijalnih snaga (ZSS) during Exercise Trojan Footprint 22 in Split, Croatia, May 8, 2022

Page / 1565
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 1514 of 1565)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top