Link Posted: 5/15/2018 9:00:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 9:04:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 10:23:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Tigwelder1971:

Googled it, pass. Bicycle innertube for makeshift penny pinchers like me.
View Quote
I'm the same way, lol
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 1:19:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:
Yeah that's what I use it for exclusively now.

A few years back tho I used it to hold chem lights under the SOPMOD storage tube, we all did. I'm glad that fad died off.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By XeroSasEnchros:
Originally Posted By Gunobtainium:

What's the purpose of the rubber band on stock?
You can also use it yo retain your sling when not in use.

A few years back tho I used it to hold chem lights under the SOPMOD storage tube, we all did. I'm glad that fad died off.
I use one of these now.

Link Posted: 5/16/2018 1:22:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By DontBuryMe:
I think I'll just replace the stock.

https://imgur.com/44GAwg6.gif
View Quote
You should probably replace your shoes first. Are you the Joker or some shit?
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 1:26:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By sanman28:
Yup.  Anybody foound the perfect rubber band?
View All Quotes

Now I need more bands.
Sling interference when not in use is the biggest reason that I leave most of mine off.
Ranger bands or old bike inner tube.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 1:26:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Ranger bands or a piece of bicycle innertube for a much cheaper option.
View All Quotes

Ranger bands or a piece of bicycle innertube for a much cheaper option.
Dammit.....get out of my brain!
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 1:28:40 AM EDT
[#8]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

I use one of these now.

https://blueforcegear-cakc6ifvxd.netdna-ssl.com/image/cache/data/SLING%20SLEEVE/SlingSleeveStorageonRifleMulticamBlueForceGear144-600x400.jpg
I've been wanting to snag a couple of those to try them out. I like that the point of retention doesn't have to be on the stock itself. I also need a VCAS in multicam or coyote heller bad breh. Hellen Keller bad breh!
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 1:40:53 AM EDT
[#9]
I've been wanting to snag a couple of those to try them out. I like that the point of retention doesn't have to be on the stock itself. I also need a VCAS in multicam or coyote heller bad breh. Hellen Keller bad breh!
View All Quotes

I use one of these now.

https://blueforcegear-cakc6ifvxd.netdna-ssl.com/image/cache/data/SLING%20SLEEVE/SlingSleeveStorageonRifleMulticamBlueForceGear144-600x400.jpg
I grabbed one in MC and another in Coyote. For the price, they're not much more than a pack of Ranger Bands. I also need to look at moving my rear connection. Using the CQD plate and the sling sleeve causes my hook to pretty much lay right across the safety and can make it tough to activate sometimes.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 8:53:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: tweeter] [#10]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tweeter:

As in Staples, the office supply store?
Well sure, unless you have ready access to 3/8" Type 1 rubber retaining bands.  They're usually used for holding slack on static lines, but they're awesome for holding other stuff

Or you could use the black rubber bands that come with tourniquets
I know, right?  $7 for 10 rubber bands.  Get the fuck outta here

Bike tubes make sense if you already have a bike, the tube is flat, the bike tube is the right diameter, and you have a lot of people who need that solution

Otherwise, a thick rubber band from a random desk drawer

Don't get me wrong, most of the armorers I've had usually kept several mountain bike inner tubes handy and just cut off sections for dudes that needed retention.  But for one dude with 1-4 rifles, rubber bands
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 9:37:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 10:35:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Yeah, I just bummed a tube from a guy at work, a few of us who shoot have carved on it several times.

My problem is slings.  I have several, really don't care for most.  VCAS is where I'm headed next.
View All Quotes

I know, right?  $7 for 10 rubber bands.  Get the fuck outta here

Bike tubes make sense if you already have a bike, the tube is flat, the bike tube is the right diameter, and you have a lot of people who need that solution

Otherwise, a thick rubber band from a random desk drawer

Don't get me wrong, most of the armorers I've had usually kept several mountain bike inner tubes handy and just cut off sections for dudes that needed retention.  But for one dude with 1-4 rifles, rubber bands
Yeah, I just bummed a tube from a guy at work, a few of us who shoot have carved on it several times.

My problem is slings.  I have several, really don't care for most.  VCAS is where I'm headed next.
Just go to any bike shop. They should have no problem pulling a used inner tube out of their garbage and giving it to you for free.
That wha I did.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 11:32:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Couple of regular fat rubber bands for a couple of pennies is my vote.......  I use them on my handguns and have a bag of a ton of them in my drawer in my kitchen.....  I don't get the need to be cool about that.....

#brokeguyinthearfcomworldnotgonnadoit

Link Posted: 5/16/2018 12:42:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 12:56:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Shit.  I thought I was cheap.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JJREA:
Couple of regular fat rubber bands for a couple of pennies is my vote.......  I use them on my handguns and have a bag of a ton of them in my drawer in my kitchen.....  I don't get the need to be cool about that.....

#brokeguyinthearfcomworldnotgonnadoit

https://i.imgur.com/tRwqyh2.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/cdvOSw3.jpg
Shit.  I thought I was cheap.

The funny part is that's a pristine looking G43 too. Wrapped up like a newspaper
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 2:41:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JJREA] [#16]

The funny part is that's a pristine looking G43 too. Wrapped up like a newspaper
View Quote
I sold it.   The 442 is just too at home for me and because I am broke, I needed the money.

Tigwelder, I belly laughed really hard.  Not sure if it was a rip or not, but it made me laugh.  I just try to imagine myself as the Marines.  Waging war on nickels and dimes.....  I'm not sure if it's like that now but I always thought the Marines prided themselves on doing everything for less. But do it better.  Of course I don't know about the better part for me, but definitely doing it all with less.

I have thought about buying a stupid rail system for my M4gery to actually make it in this thread.  But not only is money an issue but the fact that it's already heavy in front since mine is an HBAR.  So I just do the ole rail to the handguard mod and have to stay in the M4gery thread.    Some day I'd like to have a Govt' profile M4 barrel.  But I would probably rather have that on an A1 or A2 upper.  

I've got 12 Strong coming and I have a feeling I'm going to be jonesing for a 1.5 clone........
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 2:54:56 PM EDT
[#17]
I sold it.   The 442 is just too at home for me and because I am broke, I needed the money.

Tigwelder, I belly laughed really hard.  Not sure if it was a rip or not, but it made me laugh.  I just try to imagine myself as the Marines.  Waging war on nickels and dimes.....  I'm not sure if it's like that now but I always thought the Marines prided themselves on doing everything for less. But do it better.  Of course I don't know about the better part for me, but definitely doing it all with less.

I have thought about buying a stupid rail system for my M4gery to actually make it in this thread.  But not only is money an issue but the fact that it's already heavy in front since mine is an HBAR.  So I just do the ole rail to the handguard mod and have to stay in the M4gery thread.    Some day I'd like to have a Govt' profile M4 barrel.  But I would probably rather have that on an A1 or A2 upper.  

I've got 12 Strong coming and I have a feeling I'm going to be jonesing for a 1.5 clone........
View All Quotes

Well, as I'm sure you already know I would have sold the 442 and kept the Glock. I know round count is nearly the same between the two but me and speed loading revolvers is.....slow.

Still better than a sharp stick tho
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 3:05:55 PM EDT
[#18]
For me it's like Goldilocks and the bears...  It's JUST RIGHT.  For me.

Plus it was my late Step Dad's....  Might be part of it.  But beyond that it carries right.  And it's always on me.  I know a gun shouldn't be comfortable but comforting.  But it does both for me.  I practice my reloads with it, but whatever.   I know it's not ideal.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 3:10:22 PM EDT
[#19]
For me it's like Goldilocks and the bears...  It's JUST RIGHT.  For me.

Plus it was my late Step Dad's....  Might be part of it.  But beyond that it carries right.  And it's always on me.  I know a gun shouldn't be comfortable but comforting.  But it does both for me.  I practice my reloads with it, but whatever.   I know it's not ideal.
View Quote
Nothin wrong with it one bit. I'm just a semi auto whore is all. I do need a full size .44 mag in my life tho (prob a Ruger)

This obviously won't be for CC
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 3:13:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 3:56:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By aaron580:
https://i.imgur.com/f2dlj7D.jpg
View Quote
What MD is this?
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 4:03:55 PM EDT
[#22]
those both appear to be KAC m4qd for attaching KAC NT4
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 10:33:57 PM EDT
[#23]
View Quote
I used to buy slings.

Now I just make them from used ruck shoulder straps and 1-inch webbing
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 11:04:16 PM EDT
[#24]

I used to buy slings.

View Quote
Saw sling
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 11:21:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By wissota4:
Saw sling
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By wissota4:

I used to buy slings.

Saw sling
Yeah I have a 240 sling on my std issue M4A1 clone, but that's the one I want to replace with a VCAS Hellen Keller bad.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 11:43:27 PM EDT
[#26]

Yeah I have a 240 sling on my std issue M4A1 clone, but that's the one I want to replace with a VCAS Hellen Keller bad.
View Quote
Linky..
I just use cheap sling lol. Or wolf hook on my m4
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 2:21:15 AM EDT
[#27]
Well, as I'm sure you already know I would have sold the 442 and kept the Glock. I know round count is nearly the same between the two but me and speed loading revolvers is.....slow.

View All Quotes

What's wrong with wheelguns?

Link Posted: 5/17/2018 10:21:15 AM EDT
[#28]

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/831/40263834150_6973ec87b6_b.jpg
View Quote
Don't get people started.  Because they will respond....

Man that is awesome.  Another grail gun of mine.  LOL.  I have more than one.....
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 11:18:16 AM EDT
[#29]

View Quote
Its round and chambered for a puny cartridge.  Needs a manly flat and fireball 7.62x54R!
Attachment Attached File

CD
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 11:42:07 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:
Its round and chambered for a puny cartridge.  Needs a manly flat and fireball 7.62x54R!
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_5052-546505.JPG

CD
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_5052-546505.JPG

CD
Damn lol. Single shot? What year was this made
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 12:00:45 PM EDT
[#31]

View All Quotes

They suck because you have one.

Nah like I said, nothing is and I like them. We were talkin about his conceal carry options (til he sold his tiny Glock)
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 12:04:24 PM EDT
[#32]

View Quote
Knowing the Afghans, not to long ago
Kyber Pass

CD
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 12:07:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Kyber Pass

CD
View All Quotes

Kyber Pass

CD
Thing is super interesting. So is the numbers it is marked with. "222" "1111"

"222" "1111"
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 2:50:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JJREA] [#34]
I'm not sure I'd want  to hold onto that thing when dropping the hammer on a  7.62 x 54r.  Cracked wooden stock and all....  Yowzers.

And dat grip angle yo.
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 6:27:48 AM EDT
[#35]
For those of you with painted rifles and UID labels, do you remove the paint and then apply them or just apply them directly over the paint?
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 6:50:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#36]
Originally Posted By LsuJon:
For those of you with painted rifles and UID labels, do you remove the paint and then apply them or just apply them directly over the paint?
View Quote
Best way is to scrape or use some paint remover over the spot then affix the UIC.  Armorer's here had to do that last few months when new UID labels came in.  Easiest is just apply on top however.

CD
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 7:17:45 AM EDT
[#37]
Thanks for the help!
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 11:28:08 PM EDT
[#38]
My Block I with a makeover in the form of a CompM2 and a Gen 1 SOPMOD stock. I think I like this setup better than my previous ACOG and CAR stock...

I have a new trigger guard and receiver end plate that I've been too lazy to install, and the plan is to rebarrel with a 14.5" and an NT4 pin/welded

20180521-IMG_9322-Canon EOS 6D-35 mm
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 11:32:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By UsubM:
My Block I with a makeover in the form of a CompM2 and a Gen 1 SOPMOD stock. I think I like this setup better than my previous ACOG and CAR stock...

I have a new trigger guard and receiver end plate that I've been too lazy to install, and the plan is to rebarrel with a 14.5" and an NT4 pin/welded

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/824/40464073450_f62d2c8432_h.jpg
View Quote
I love it. Definitly get a standard trigger guard on that bad boy.
Link Posted: 5/24/2018 12:28:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JJREA] [#40]

View Quote
I'm not sure why but the 16" doesn't look so gangly on your gun.  Might be the angle, or all the stuff on the handguards.  Nice build.

Watched 12 Strong last night.  I wonder how accurate they were with the guns.  All M4's (I guess block I's) except for 1 guy had and M24.   I think there were 2 with just carry handles, I remember seeing one Aimpoint and I think the rest had ACOG's.  One guy had a can.

You guys probably all saw it, eh?  That was the first I saw it.   I didn't realize that was 5th Group.  I'm guessing @Combat_Diver knows those guys.
Link Posted: 5/24/2018 1:45:43 PM EDT
[#41]

I'm not sure why but the 16" doesn't look so gangly on your gun.  Might be the angle, or all the stuff on the handguards.  Nice build.

Watched 12 Strong last night.  I wonder how accurate they were with the guns.  All M4's (I guess block I's) except for 1 guy had and M24.   I think there were 2 with just carry handles, I remember seeing one Aimpoint and I think the rest had ACOG's.  One guy had a can.

You guys probably all saw it, eh?  That was the first I saw it.   I didn't realize that was 5th Group.  I'm guessing @Combat_Diver knows those guys.
View Quote
Saw a pre screen of "12 Strong" here in Astan back in Jan/Feb.  Did know some of the guys on ODA 595 as it was a sister dive team.  But I was back in 1/10th at that time.  Equipment is correct for that time period.  Original Block 1 SOPMOD items, few had suppressors at the time.  Seems like every time 5th goes to war, I'm in 1/10th and have to get DA to send me back

CD
Link Posted: 5/24/2018 3:25:04 PM EDT
[#42]

Saw a pre screen of "12 Strong" here in Astan back in Jan/Feb.  Did know some of the guys on ODA 595 as it was a sister dive team.  But I was back in 1/10th at that time.  Equipment is correct for that time period.  Original Block 1 SOPMOD items, few had suppressors at the time.  Seems like every time 5th goes to war, I'm in 1/10th and have to get DA to send me back

CD
View Quote
Well we are proud of all you all.  And I'm sure indebted to you guys in ways we don't even really know.  The movie makes it seem like they did a HUGE and IMPORTANT job in changing the way the Taliban waged war against us.  And did it way faster than predicted.
Link Posted: 5/24/2018 7:59:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Little suppressed block 1 porn

Link Posted: 5/24/2018 8:14:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By aaron580:
Little suppressed block 1 porn

https://i.imgur.com/6u5SwOf.jpg
View Quote
Where'd your hammer pin go?
Link Posted: 5/24/2018 8:32:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By brodband8:

Where'd your hammer pin go?
View Quote
I stuck one in that's not painted
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 1:26:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Hey folks, I have a question. Are Knight's Armament handguard and rail panels marked with the cage code legit? I'm seeing some of these on Ebay and haven't seen that sort of marking before and want to make sure they're legit. Markings look like,

KNIGHT'S ARMAMENT

COMPANY
Titusville, FL
CAGE NO. 1S002
MM/DD/YY
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 1:32:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Couch-Commando:
Hey folks, I have a question. Are Knight's Armament handguard and rail panels marked with the cage code legit? I'm seeing some of these on Ebay and haven't seen that sort of marking before and want to make sure they're legit. Markings look like,

KNIGHT'S ARMAMENT

COMPANY
Titusville, FL
CAGE NO. 1S002
MM/DD/YY
View Quote
I can tell you that the markings are legit. I have panels with and without the 1S002. Of course that doesn't mean those ones are legit, but panels being marked with or without the cage are both legit, if you know what I mean.
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 5:56:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 6:07:36 PM EDT
[#49]
@UsubM

What laser device is that?
View All Quotes

@UsubM

What laser device is that?
PEQ-2 if I’m remembering the right pic
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 6:13:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 228
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top