Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2011 3:22:26 PM EDT
I went to a gunshow with my brother today in Oklahoma.  This fellow was set up and really working to sell his ar's.  I visited with him for a while, and here were some of his quotes:

"Smith and Wesson is crap."
"Mine are much better than the others you'll find."
"I guarantee 0.5 moa out of all of my rifles with 5.56 Federal....a lot of guys are doing better."  I said, "0.5 regardless of ammo?"  He said, "yes sir."  I said, "with Wolf?"  He said, "depends on the batch, but probably yes."  I said, so I should be able to run 1.5 inch groups at 300 yds with his rifle and xm193?  He said, "easily, at least."  
On his 7.62x39 ar's, he said they'd shoot "1.5 inch groups at 300 yds all day."

When I asked him about the NCstar rails and scopes on all his guns, he said, "these are exceptionally high quality, I could sell you something more expensive but I've never had a problem..."

When I asked him about the bolt carriers that he says he manufactures, I asked him if he machined them himself, he replied, "well, I outsource many processes."

He said that his rifles, were the "only current production rifles that could handle the "new bumfire technology."  The others "just couldn't hold up."

Anybody every actually deal with this dude?  He was the highest pressure gun salesman I've ever seen.  Even if it was all true, I was annoyed by his demeanor.    

Link Posted: 11/25/2011 3:26:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know anyone that has one and they are a small local business.  I can tell you that I won't do business with them and they have been the topic of a very negative thread on a local Oklahoma shooting board due to their poor business practices in regards to some local gun shows.  They do not seem to be a very honest group.  Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 11/25/2011 3:29:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Waiting for weapon of choice for operators in the box
Link Posted: 11/25/2011 4:13:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I don't know anyone that has one and they are a small local business.  I can tell you that I won't do business with them and they have been the topic of a very negative thread on a local Oklahoma shooting board due to their poor business practices in regards to some local gun shows.  They do not seem to be a very honest group.  Hope this helps.

That's kind of what I figured from the 5 minutes I spent with the guy.  I bet he hooks a lot of guys who don't know any better.  His stuff may run fine, but the shit was getting deep.....quick.
Link Posted: 11/25/2011 4:46:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Meh, par for the course at gun shows. There's a guy here in Florida who has been trying to sell an "SG-1" PS90. It's an "SG-1" PS90 because it has SG-1 stickers on it. He was trying to sell it for multiple thousands of dollars last time I saw it.
Link Posted: 11/25/2011 5:28:44 PM EDT
[#5]
That guy shoulds like he is good for a laugh and that's about it.
Link Posted: 11/25/2011 6:19:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I think you guys are looking at it all wrong!  I think we all agree that we aren't going to spend any money with the idiot, right?  So what's the harm?  I actually like to talk to guys like that!  If you just stroke their ego a little bit, it is amazing the shit you will hear!  That my friends, is worth a million laughs!!!!!!!!  9080
Link Posted: 11/25/2011 7:40:35 PM EDT
[#7]
It reminds me of the people that try to tell you an AR has to be cleaned every 200 rds because there just getting into the rifle and reading about problems that happened 40 years ago that they think still exist.
Link Posted: 11/25/2011 8:35:59 PM EDT
[#8]
I talked to the same guy at the last 2 shows. He gave me the same story. He said, "we do custom processes to our barrels to make the shoot .5 moa with any ammo" He also said I could run over their ARs or whatever and they would replace it no questions asked. I almost busted out laughing! Looks like regular delton lowers with M1S uppers. Yeah thats custom....
Link Posted: 11/25/2011 8:56:48 PM EDT
[#9]
You should have asked him if he specially treats his rifles to resist gumming up from Wolf usage!  LMAO!!!
Then tell him to meet you at a range Monday, and offer to buy every one of his rifles that could print anything less than 1 moa with Wolf. That should be easy enough, since .5 moa is a given.

Yes I know, gumming is a myth.  And that is what would make it even funnier.  9080
Link Posted: 11/25/2011 9:06:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It is pretty easy to tell they are not honest.

From their website:
"Our guns are guaranteed to hold a 1/2 MOA at 300 yards forever. Eight rounds, 8000 rounds, or 8 million rounds. Forever. It doesn’t matter.

Our rifles are guarranteed to do this with steel ammo, lacquered ammo, surplussed ammo or reloaded ammo. In fact any ammo listed on our competitors webisite as voiding their warranty will not void ours. We want our customers to be able to afford to shoot their weapon and have fun doing it."
Link Posted: 11/25/2011 9:08:09 PM EDT
[#11]
We have been telling you some of our scopes and things have been overseas with the OK National Gaurd troops.  Here is one of our scopes that has been seeing some action.  Report is it’s holding up well.  We pray daily for thier safe return. Come see us for your next weapon and let us deck it out like what the guys use overseas.

Straight off of his website.  WOW, this guy is some kind of funny shit!  

As an added bonus, he spells like a 3 year old as well.  9080
Link Posted: 11/25/2011 9:12:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/25/2011 9:17:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

From their website:
"Our guns are guaranteed to hold a 1/2 MOA at 300 yards forever. Eight rounds, 8000 rounds, or 8 million rounds. Forever. It doesn’t matter.

Our rifles are guarranteed to do this with steel ammo, lacquered ammo, surplussed ammo or reloaded ammo. In fact any ammo listed on our competitors webisite as voiding their warranty will not void ours. We want our customers to be able to afford to shoot their weapon and have fun doing it."

Maybe they are magical +20 uppers of never missing.  

theyre enchanted ok! all it takes is a grand soul gem and a soul of a troll and you can enchant your upper with +50 accuracy
Link Posted: 11/25/2011 9:19:42 PM EDT
[#14]
I've got to confess, this has really brought a smile to my face!  Good shit like this doesn't come along just every day!  9080
Link Posted: 11/25/2011 9:25:32 PM EDT
[#15]
So what's worse, that he really believes it, or is knowingly misleading people?

=\
Link Posted: 11/25/2011 9:55:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Somebody should e-mail him a link to this!!!  That would be priceless!!!!  9080
Link Posted: 11/25/2011 10:11:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I talked to the same guy at the last 2 shows. He gave me the same story. He said, "we do custom processes to our barrels to make the shoot .5 moa with any ammo" He also said I could run over their ARs or whatever and they would replace it no questions asked. I almost busted out laughing! Looks like regular delton lowers with M1S uppers. Yeah thats custom....

I talked to them also trying to figure out what made their $400 AK's into "custom" $600 AK's....   full of shit.

Link Posted: 11/25/2011 10:26:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Looks like my Centurion,Noveske,BCM, and WOA barrels are junk. I don't think any of them will be close to .5 MOA after 8 million rounds....unlike the superior rijas units which will go forever...Ha what bullshit! I am blown away that they actually posted that load of shit on their website!!!
Link Posted: 11/26/2011 4:17:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I think you guys are looking at it all wrong!  I think we all agree that we aren't going to spend any money with the idiot, right?  So what's the harm?  I actually like to talk to guys like that!  If you just stroke their ego a little bit, it is amazing the shit you will hear!  That my friends, is worth a million laughs!!!!!!!!  9080

I agree....he made my day.  I actually went back several times just to listen to the horseshit.  Put a smile on my face too.  I just hope the dupes that buy are actually getting at least a decent ar.  If they do, their decent rifle plus the side show rhetoric should make them happy.
Link Posted: 11/26/2011 4:40:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Maybe they are magical +20 uppers of never missing.  

Actually even with enhancements they couldn't be +20. The highest you can go is +10 so at best they would be +5 uppers of True Strike, seeing as True strike is a +5 ability ROLL YOUR D20'S BITCHES! [/geek]

Moving on I see alot of guys like this at local fun shows here in northeastern PA.
Link Posted: 11/26/2011 4:50:39 AM EDT
[#21]
This guys simply using the PT Barnum formula of "theres a sucker born every minute".Maybe he should send one of his rifles to Pat Rogers and see how well it holds up then.
Link Posted: 11/26/2011 4:55:14 AM EDT
[#22]
Must be related to the Hesse family.

Did he by chance mention that his guns are the choice of special forces?
Link Posted: 11/26/2011 5:20:32 AM EDT
[#23]
i took my wife to a gunshow in okla that he was at and after talking to him even she knew he was full of crap. i talked to the guy about silencers which he stated were "useless and had no purpose being on a weapon system" he also said civilians cant own them and to top it off he said theres no legal way to own an sbr unless of course your in the national guard lmfao. and he kept saying how wolf voids dpms warranty but his run way better than dpms. he also went on a tangent about acogs and aimpoints compared to his super duty ncstar combat rifle scopes and how they would take more abuse than an acog.
Link Posted: 11/26/2011 6:18:50 AM EDT
[#24]
I just wasted ten minutes going through his whole site.  What a joker.  The picture of his scope overseas on the home page looks like he took it himself outside.
Link Posted: 11/26/2011 7:39:14 AM EDT
[#25]
Isn't there some law about misleading advertising that should land this guy in jail?

And what's with that bullpup'ed hybrid AK with the VHG attached to the barrel? The BARREL??? I'll bet that thing won't shoot .5 MOA.

Link Posted: 11/26/2011 11:01:36 AM EDT
[#26]
I went to the Okc gunshow today and I wanted to double check their custom ARs. Yeah they were all dpms or delton barreled guns. I figured out how they do .5 moa after 8 million rounds. They rechamber their barrels to laser beams... They gave me a good laugh just walking by them.
Link Posted: 11/26/2011 11:18:41 AM EDT
[#27]
WOW.... I want one just to torture test the shit out of it!!! with a warranty like that all you have to do is go shoot is and bring back the 5 moa at 300yds target and say, " my shits broke it shoots shitty." and BAM just like that a new one... AND prolly tell me that I suck at shooting is the reason...

Link Posted: 11/26/2011 12:04:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

From their website:

what people do he does not realize is 1/2 moa means about 1/2 inch at 100 yards (1 moa=1.047" at 100 yards) 1/2 moa at 300 yards is also 1/2 moa at 100 yds 50 yds 25 yds etc.
so they are saying that the gun shoots about 1/2" groups at 100 yards. not with wolf

Link Posted: 11/26/2011 1:10:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Run

Is that tier 1 for "shoot"?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/26/2011 1:46:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Run

Is that tier 1 for "shoot"?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

hahaha....I actually agree with you.  Looks like I've fallen into the arfcom lingo trap.  

Yep, I meant shoot....I'm certainly low speed high drag.  I shoot them, I don't "run" them.  I assemble them, I don't "build" them.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top