[#1]
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 3:37:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I'm very happy with mine thus far.

Which quad rail is that?

Link Posted: 9/27/2011 3:42:06 PM EDT
[#3]
T.A.C.  by omega tactical.  Ebay special but T7 aluminum had me sold.  Very sold.
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 3:42:43 PM EDT
[#4]
FML double post
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 7:00:50 PM EDT
[#5]
i love my delton, fit and finish is great upper and lower tight, shoots tight even with me. bought it 16" barrell flat top upper 5.56, been over it top to bottom and for $459 plus taxes i cant find a single thing wrong with it. average price i seen lately is $630 but even at that its a great rifle for the price hands down. bout 500 rounds out of it in two hours a few weekends ago and not a single issue except .223 doesnt load last round in supplied magazine, 5.56 loads all rounds in same mag.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 9:05:57 PM EDT
[#6]
I recieved my EOtech, Magpul Pmags, Magpul flipsight, Quad Rail, Hogue grip, and 500 rounds of ammo in the past two days. Not having the gun to go with it, makes it seem like 30 days and not 10.
The downside of being in CA, is I had to put the blocks in my 20 round mags to limit them to 10, and that damn "bullet button". But, I did order the "mag magnet" thanks to another member here.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 2:26:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Hey op congrats on your purchase. I'm from Cali also, too bad our gun laws suck. You might want to try the AR radlock rather than the bb. So much nicer and if you decide to go out of state you can convert it to a regular mag drop with the turn of a key just like the free states! Have fun and enjoy!
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 1:13:39 PM EDT
[#8]
I own Noveske's and BCM's, along side those rifles are DelTon's which have not failed me yet.  I'm a huge fan of DelTon.  What I like about them is they are able to make available an affordable rifle for people on a budget and still give excellent quality.  I don't mean to sound like a commercial for DelTon, but I just think its awesome that people can afford to get a good AR for fun and self-defense.  All DelTon's I've take to the range have zeroed quickly, were accurate, and reliable.  Thank you DelTon
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 3:23:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Did a Del-Ton M4 style with A2 rear sight build this week (cuz I'm old school like that.....learned on open sighted M16A1's back in the day to hit far and accurate..no optics)  Had it at the range just hours ago. First shots at 25 meters had 'em all touching in a group 3/4" right and low from point of aim very little adjustment brought 'em dead center. Seems like Del-Ton bore sights these after upper assembly? At 100 meters 5 shot groups were like 1 1/2" with the peep sight. Del-Ton is quality, reliable, and accurate at a good price, as a very satified owner, I'm telling ya first hand
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 3:32:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:...and your opinions of the best ammo and mods for this rifle.

After my Glock 33 got stolen from my car, I replaced it with a Del-Ton 16" M4 (1:7 CL).  I use a Colt carry handle, because a carry handle is a solid, dependable rear sight.  I have shot M193, M855, and Hornady 75 grain Match.  All have shot very consistently, with the M193 right at 2 MOA, the largest grouping ammo of the three.  The best ammo is the ammo that is reliable, consistent, and one that you can afford to shoot.  As for mods, shoot your rifle first, get used to it, and see if you want to add anything.  Sometimes, ammo is the best 'mod' you can get for a rifle.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 3:58:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Never had a problem w/ my DTI AR . I dont shoot steel case ammo . If for some reason you were to have a problem , let them know . Excellent CS .
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 5:00:55 PM EDT
[#12]
I have two Deltons and both run flawless. Seems like Delton is finally getting the respect it deserves in regards to a quality/price rifle.
Link Posted: 10/4/2011 10:28:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/4/2011 10:40:01 AM EDT
[#14]
nice rifle.

I think I will be going with del-ton for my next gun. Probably mid length though.
Link Posted: 10/4/2011 10:52:48 AM EDT
[#15]
My first upper was a DTI. Big mistake on my part. I only buy quality now.
Link Posted: 10/4/2011 10:56:40 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

details?

Link Posted: 10/4/2011 12:29:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Quoted:

details?

+ 1
Link Posted: 10/4/2011 12:35:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Quoted:

details?

I've posted it several times on here. After 4k rounds, my gun started keyholing rounds. I don't have a happy switch nor do I bump fire or do mag dumps. I tried various ammo and various copper solvents. I took it to a smith, and he didn't know what to do. I eventually compared the rifling to my friend's AR, and my rifle's lands were significantly shorter. I emailed DTI and they told me that chrome moly barrels will last up to 1200 rounds if taken care of. If I had known their barrels were only good for up to 1200 rounds, then I would have gone with a different manufacturer and/or would have gotten chrome lined.

Here's their response to my email:

Moly barrels will last up to 1200 rounds if taken care of. There is a lot that effects longevity of a barrel, but mainly it comes down to how hot you run it and for how long, how often it is cleaned and with what, and the round itself. Heat and pressure are your enemies with barrels. I have a guy that takes his 11.5" with him to Afghanistan everytime he goes and there are probably 10,000 rounds through it and still going. Unfortunately, this barrel is 2 years old and out of warranty. I will say I have yet to have anyone contact me about the rifling being worn out of a barrel that quickly. In fact, I can't think of anyone telling me their barrel is worn out. The good news is, you can just get a replacement barrel for your gun and it cost you less than $160. We will even change it out for you, but we can't warranty something like this. I'm sorry.

I guess guys in A-stan are using DTI now.

So when I shoot on semi-auto recreationally, my barrel is only good for a thousand, but a guy killing insurgents in the sand box has the same barrel that will last for tens of thousands...

Bushmaster [who is loved by everyone here] on the other hand is capable of a non-CL barrel that can handle 12k rounds of full auto. ADCO posted a thread about it a while back.
Link Posted: 10/4/2011 1:04:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

details?

I've posted it several times on here. After 4k rounds, my gun started keyholing rounds. I don't have a happy switch nor do I bump fire or do mag dumps. I tried various ammo and various copper solvents. I took it to a smith, and he didn't know what to do. I eventually compared the rifling to my friend's AR, and my rifle's lands were significantly shorter. I emailed DTI and they told me that chrome moly barrels will last up to 1200 rounds if taken care of. If I had known their barrels were only good for up to 1200 rounds, then I would have gone with a different manufacturer and/or would have gotten chrome lined.

Moly barrels will last up to 1200 rounds if taken care of. There is a lot that effects longevity of a barrel, but mainly it comes down to how hot you run it and for how long, how often it is cleaned and with what, and the round itself. Heat and pressure are your enemies with barrels. I have a guy that takes his 11.5" with him to Afghanistan everytime he goes and there are probably 10,000 rounds through it and still going. Unfortunately, this barrel is 2 years old and out of warranty. I will say I have yet to have anyone contact me about the rifling being worn out of a barrel that quickly. In fact, I can't think of anyone telling me their barrel is worn out. The good news is, you can just get a replacement barrel for your gun and it cost you less than $160. We will even change it out for you, but we can't warranty something like this. I'm sorry.

So when I shoot on semi-auto recreationally, my barrel is only good for a thousand, but a guy killing insurgents in the sand box has the same barrel that will last for tens of thousands...

Bushmaster [who is loved by everyone here] on the other hand is capable of a non-CL barrel that can handle 12k rounds of full auto. ADCO posted a thread about it a while back.

I have read this 3 times and I keep coming to the same conclusion.  While I don't doubt that Delton WROTE 1200, I can't help but think he MEANT 12k.  

I'm with you that there is no way in hell I would buy any gun with a barrel life of only 1200rnds.  I just can see any company selling one that is only expected to last 1200 rnds.

If you put another 0 on the 1200 of the same letter, it seems to read (mean) something like this:

" My barrels should last 12k rounds properly cared for.  I know of one that is not properly cared for by a guy that takes it too Afghanistan and it is still going strong. Nobody else has approached me about my barrels prematurely wearing out but you.   I have no way of knowing if this barrel was used on a Class III dealer sample or not.  Anywho, the barrel is out of warranty and we would be happy to sell you another."

Now, if I was the one this happened to I would be very perturbed that my barrel only lasted 4k.  But from a business standpoint, I can also see why Delton is not going to warranty a product that is out of warranty.
Link Posted: 10/4/2011 1:21:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

details?

I have read this 3 times and I keep coming to the same conclusion.  While I don't doubt that Delton WROTE 1200, I can't help but think he MEANT 12k.  

I'm with you that there is no way in hell I would buy any gun with a barrel life of only 1200rnds.  I just can see any company selling one that is only expected to last 1200 rnds.

If you put another 0 on the 1200 of the same letter, it seems to read (mean) something like this:

" My barrels should last 12k rounds properly cared for.  I know of one that is not properly cared for by a guy that takes it too Afghanistan and it is still going strong. Nobody else has approached me about my barrels prematurely wearing out but you.   I have no way of knowing if this barrel was used on a Class III dealer sample or not.  Anywho, the barrel is out of warranty and we would be happy to sell you another."

Now, if I was the one this happened to I would be very perturbed that my barrel only lasted 4k.  But from a business standpoint, I can also see why Delton is not going to warranty a product that is out of warranty.

I understand that from a business standpoint that they would not replace my barrel for free. I would have at least liked them to offer to look at my barrel or offer a discount since their product failed so early in it's life cycle.

I decided to sell the upper for parts and buy from a high quality manufacturer. Not only are their components higher quality, so is their CS. When the dust cover detent came loose on my Noveske, their CS instantly offered to fix it for me or send me a new one. No questions asked. I'm sure if my barrel had failed after 4000 rounds, they would replace it for free or provide me with a new one at a major discount.

But at this point in the game, why would anyone get a DTI when there are so many better uppers at comparable prices? I understand not everyone needs or can afford a Larue/Noveske/etc, but Spikes and BCM are moderately priced and are extremely high quality in both their products and CS.
Link Posted: 10/4/2011 2:18:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

details?

I understand that from a business standpoint that they would not replace my barrel for free. I would have at least liked them to offer to look at my barrel or offer a discount since their product failed so early in it's life cycle.

I decided to sell the upper for parts and buy from a high quality manufacturer. Not only are their components higher quality, so is their CS. When the dust cover detent came loose on my Noveske, their CS instantly offered to fix it for me or send me a new one. No questions asked. I'm sure if my barrel had failed after 4000 rounds, they would replace it for free or provide me with a new one at a major discount.

But at this point in the game, why would anyone get a DTI when there are so many better uppers at comparable prices? I understand not everyone needs or can afford a Larue/Noveske/etc, but Spikes and BCM are moderately priced and are extremely high quality in both their products and CS.

The last two paragraphs are exactly why some of us pay a little more for the components.  We want quality parts, good customer service, and the warm feeling that paying a little more for something with a good reputation gives us.

I have gone down the DPMS road and will never do it again.  I saved $50 on the initial purchase but after 1500 rounds it started choking, and I spent far more in time and ammo trying to figure out why it wouldn't run right.

Am I comparing DPMS to Delton?  Not necessarily, just pointing out that the money you save up front may not work out in the long run.  Buyer beware, go with a manufacturer with a solid reputation thats products are highly regarded by professionals.
Link Posted: 10/4/2011 3:11:04 PM EDT
[#22]
my KISS Del Ton middy 1x7 almost stock . does not like Russian steel case,other than that, an excellent AR , and worth every penny .
http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab70/albertgao/DTI/Delton001.jpg
Link Posted: 10/4/2011 7:02:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Im actually pretty impressed with the UTG hand gaurds. Theyre a nice, tight, solid fit. The Hogue grip is 10 times better than stock (wish it had a door on the bottom, but no biggie). The Magpul mags lock in, and drop out with ease (thanks to the mag magnet). Overall, Removed post
Link Posted: 10/5/2011 2:59:08 AM EDT
[#24]
well im inching closer to that 1200 mark so we shall see how it goes. absolutely no issues thus far. im sure it will last longer than 1200 though simply based on the fact that the rifling still looks perfect, i know that isnt the only fact involvin overall gun operation but maybe the more recent quality changes theyve made will make a difference in longevity. and btw ive been testing newer tapco mags that alot of people crap on and they are working perfectly, probably gonna run one over today as a final test
Link Posted: 10/5/2011 3:16:18 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/5/2011 3:19:11 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/5/2011 4:30:26 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
well im inching closer to that 1200 mark so we shall see how it goes. absolutely no issues thus far. im sure it will last longer than 1200 though simply based on the fact that the rifling still looks perfect, i know that isnt the only fact involvin overall gun operation but maybe the more recent quality changes theyve made will make a difference in longevity. and btw ive been testing newer tapco mags that alot of people crap on and they are working perfectly, probably gonna run one over today as a final test

I wouldn't worry about your barrel suddenly self destructing at 1200 rnds.

Just have fun and shoot it!
Link Posted: 10/5/2011 5:04:03 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

my KISS Del Ton middy 1x7 almost stock . does not like Russian steel case,other than that, an excellent AR , and worth every penny .

Whatya mean "doesn't like" steel case? It chokes on it?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

I'd like to hear this also. I expect all my ARs to guzzle steel cased ammo.

If it can't shoot surplus/cheap shit, I don't have much use for it.

Link Posted: 10/5/2011 5:13:21 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I own Noveske's and BCM's, along side those rifles are DelTon's which have not failed me yet.  I'm a huge fan of DelTon.  What I like about them is they are able to make available an affordable rifle for people on a budget and still give excellent quality.  I don't mean to sound like a commercial for DelTon, but I just think its awesome that people can afford to get a good AR for fun and self-defense.  All DelTon's I've take to the range have zeroed quickly, were accurate, and reliable.  Thank you DelTon

I agree.  My other rifles are Rock River, Colt, Bushmaster, and PSA.  The Del-Ton in my collection is nothing to be ashamed about.
Link Posted: 10/5/2011 5:53:23 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Whatya mean "doesn't like" steel case? It chokes on it?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

I'd like to hear this also. I expect all my ARs to guzzle steel cased ammo.

If it can't shoot surplus/cheap shit, I don't have much use for it.

All other snobbery aside, that's why I didn't keep my DTI.  It was very picky about ammo.  Even brass like American Eagle reloads didn't work well in it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2011 6:35:26 AM EDT
[#31]
+1, Agree 100%

Quoted:
I have two Deltons and each has been 100% reliable.

The only people who bad mouth Delton rifles are those who have NEVER OWNED ONE. Some people just can't equate affordable price with quality product.

Link Posted: 10/5/2011 8:09:31 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/5/2011 8:09:47 AM EDT
[#33]
yeah i aint worried, maybe i could smoke it after 1200 rnds full auto
Link Posted: 10/5/2011 10:41:09 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
AzNooB
You're 100% right, we handled that wrong.  I do believe that it was a typo in your email, barrels should last much more than 1200 rounds, more along the 10,000 mark.  I'm not sure why it was never brought back in for us to check, we normally like to look at things like this.  The only reasons we can think of is our CS department probably stopped it because it did have 4000 rounds through it, and it sounded like a overheating, copper fouling or a copper solevent problem, all which could cause your barrel to do that.  This isn't an excuse though, it should have been handled different.  We pride ourselves on having excellent customer service, and we hate that your experience was less than perfect with us.  Your upper was out of warranty, but a credit could have been offered on another barrel, or we could have brought it in and checked it out.  I will look into things on my end here regarding this, sounds like we have some training issues to deal with.  Again, we do apologize and if there's anything we can do for you please let us know.

As far as the ammo issues go, our rifles should shoot steel cased stuff just fine.  We do know that some steel cased ammo is worse than others and not quite up to snuff though!  In saying that, if you ever have a problem with your upper or rifle not shooting certain types of ammo, please give us a call.  We'll get it back in here and check it out for you and see what we can do!

We are have done many things to increase the value for the price of our product line.  We feel we're offering a very competitive product at a price that's affordable to most.  We appreciate all your orders and comments, and as always, please contact us with any questions you may have.
Tony

Tony,

Will you still honor your warranty if steel cased ammo is used?  At one point, the site had the following verbage (Although I can't find it now):

Taken directly from the website....
Ammunition Warning
Due to a number of comments and calls, we have come across feeding problems with certain ammunition. Shooting any of the following ammunition will VOID any warranty with Del-Ton, Inc;
-Wolf
-Norinco
-Any steel cased-cased ammunition
-Any lacquer-coated ammunition
-Any reloaded ammunition

Is that still the case or could I purchase a new Del-Ton product, run lacquered Wolf in it, and still have a warranty?

Link Posted: 10/5/2011 11:23:41 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
yeah i aint worried, maybe i could smoke it after 1200 rnds full auto

Yeah!  That's what I'm talking about!  But that kinda fun is worth the cost of a new barrel!
Link Posted: 10/5/2011 11:29:21 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/5/2011 11:30:57 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
AzNooB
You're 100% right, we handled that wrong.  I do believe that it was a typo in your email, barrels should last much more than 1200 rounds, more along the 10,000 mark.  I'm not sure why it was never brought back in for us to check, we normally like to look at things like this.  The only reasons we can think of is our CS department probably stopped it because it did have 4000 rounds through it, and it sounded like a overheating, copper fouling or a copper solevent problem, all which could cause your barrel to do that.  This isn't an excuse though, it should have been handled different.  We pride ourselves on having excellent customer service, and we hate that your experience was less than perfect with us.  Your upper was out of warranty, but a credit could have been offered on another barrel, or we could have brought it in and checked it out.  I will look into things on my end here regarding this, sounds like we have some training issues to deal with.  Again, we do apologize and if there's anything we can do for you please let us know.

As far as the ammo issues go, our rifles should shoot steel cased stuff just fine.  We do know that some steel cased ammo is worse than others and not quite up to snuff though!  In saying that, if you ever have a problem with your upper or rifle not shooting certain types of ammo, please give us a call.  We'll get it back in here and check it out for you and see what we can do!

its verifiable and posted on the site that a dt rep said ammo no longer matters

last post i saw on here said they have upgraded many things and the warranty would be honored regardless of ammo, so ill go with that since a rep posted it and its verifiable on the site.
We are have done many things to increase the value for the price of our product line.  We feel we're offering a very competitive product at a price that's affordable to most.  We appreciate all your orders and comments, and as always, please contact us with any questions you may have.
Tony

Tony,

Will you still honor your warranty if steel cased ammo is used?  At one point, the site had the following verbage (Although I can't find it now):

Taken directly from the website....
Ammunition Warning
Due to a number of comments and calls, we have come across feeding problems with certain ammunition. Shooting any of the following ammunition will VOID any warranty with Del-Ton, Inc;
-Wolf
-Norinco
-Any steel cased-cased ammunition
-Any lacquer-coated ammunition
-Any reloaded ammunition

Is that still the case or could I purchase a new Del-Ton product, run lacquered Wolf in it, and still have a warranty?

Link Posted: 10/5/2011 11:35:02 AM EDT
[#38]
posted comments in above post, jist of it is a rep posted ammo type no longer matters. and if you read thru the first page of this thread youll find it
Link Posted: 10/5/2011 11:38:22 AM EDT
[#39]
Aside from producing an excellent rifles, Del-Ton is about the only place I can find a quality kit with an A2 upper offering .
Link Posted: 10/5/2011 12:38:12 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
We have changed.  That did used to be on the web site, but we have changed it.  Steel cased ammo will not void your warranty on the products.  Wolf laquer coated ammo will not void your warranty for shooting it. But if you shoot the heck out of that ammo, get it really hot and gum your barrel up with the laquer, if we then get it back and have to clean it, you may incur a charge for the cleaning of your barrel.
Let us know what else we can answer.
Tony

Thanks for the response.
Link Posted: 10/5/2011 12:50:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/5/2011 1:18:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 10/5/2011 1:24:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 10/5/2011 1:57:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 10/5/2011 2:58:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 10/5/2011 2:59:27 PM EDT
[#46]
I have ordered only a few small items from Del-ton, but so far I have been very pleased, especially with their customer service.

I had placed an order for a barrel through their website.  The next day I get a call from Laura saying that they don't have that particular barrel in stock, and she asked if I would like to make a substitution.  I didn't want to substitute, so they put my order on hold until the barrel I wanted was available.  I asked Laura how long before they expected the barrel to be in, and she said "four to five weeks".  

Well, we have all heard things along this line before, so I figured I might actually see my barrel in about two months or more.  Five weeks to the day I placed my order, I get an e-mail notification that my barrel has shipped.

So, so far my experience with this company has been nothing but completely positive.

And it looks like a very nice barrel too.  Can't wait to install it and try it out!
Link Posted: 10/5/2011 4:04:32 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

I am ready foe a Del Ton .308

+1  

My brother and I own identical 16" M4 profile 1/7 rifles which were our first ARs, and we love them.  1K+ rounds of Federal M193 with not a single malfunction with either rifle, and very accurate of course.  My barrel looks pristine.  OP you will love your new rifle, enjoy it!

I only have 2 criticisms against DTI, one was that we waited a very long time (about 8 months) to get them. The second is that on my rifle when I removed the castle nut the threading on the receiver extension was damaged like they forced it on or something.  I was able to get it back on but it was very tough.

Link Posted: 10/5/2011 5:00:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I'm very happy with mine thus far.   http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s240/MotGnuoy/IMG_4791.jpg

I am looking at the 10" free float the he offers what do you think ?

Link Posted: 10/5/2011 5:32:51 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes we do. Polymer cases are no problem.

I should have been more specific. Even the older cases with the green "lacquer" never melted the coating.

could we be talking about corrosive ammo?

Link Posted: 10/5/2011 5:35:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 3
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top