Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 907
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 4:02:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I’m in the process of building a SOCOM Block ll upper. I’ve got the Colt SOCOM profile 14.5” barrel and the Daniel Defense RIS ll FSP rail. To stay “Clone correct” I would have to use the Surefire SF3P Flash hider but the Surefire Warcomp seems to look like a better choice as you get not only a Flash hider similar to the SF3P but you also get a compensator as well for about roughly $10 more. I don’t do any night shooting so a Flash hider is not really important but a compensator actually serves a useful purpose in preventing muzzle rise

So what do you think?

The Warcomp-556

Surefire Warcomp

Or the Surefire SF3P

Surefire SF3P-556

Your prompt replies will be appreciated
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 6:02:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mb121] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By aimforthemedic:
Does anyone have a block II build and a 308 surefire suppressor? Would like to see pics of it. From my reading it looks like the 308 mounts to the 556 muzzle devices. I'd like to be able to throw it on my 300blk as well as my block II.

Thanks in advance.
View Quote
@aimforthemedic

7.62mm Surefire cans will fit on the 7.62mm and below muzzle devices.   5.56mm Surefire cans will not install or latch to anything higher than 5.56mm muzzle devices.

Link Posted: 6/25/2019 6:02:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Glitch
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 6:11:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By J_MONEY:
I can confirm that my SOCOM 300SPS mounts to my 5.56 SOCOM mounts. I'm at work so I don't have any pictures available right now.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By J_MONEY:
Does anyone have a block II build and a 308 surefire suppressor? Would like to see pics of it. From my reading it looks like the 308 mounts to the 556 muzzle devices. I'd like to be able to throw it on my 300blk as well as my block II.

Thanks in advance.
I can confirm that my SOCOM 300SPS mounts to my 5.56 SOCOM mounts. I'm at work so I don't have any pictures available right now.
It works just fine
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 7:20:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By airman23:
I’m in the process of building a SOCOM Block ll upper. I’ve got the Colt SOCOM profile 14.5” barrel and the Daniel Defense RIS ll FSP rail. To stay “Clone correct” I would have to use the Surefire SF3P Flash hider but the Surefire Warcomp seems to look like a better choice as you get not only a Flash hider similar to the SF3P but you also get a compensator as well for about roughly $10 more. I don’t do any night shooting so a Flash hider is not really important but a compensator actually serves a useful purpose in preventing muzzle rise

So what do you think?

The Warcomp-556

Surefire Warcomp

Or the Surefire SF3P

Surefire SF3P-556

Your prompt replies will be appreciated
View Quote
You can get a Surefire 3 prong for AU for $95 shipped
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 7:31:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Mb121:
@aimforthemedic

7.62mm Surefire cans will fit on the 7.62mm and below muzzle devices.   5.56mm Surefire cans will not install or latch to anything higher than 5.56mm muzzle devices.

https://i.imgur.com/Mk3Espl.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/cwLXah1.jpg
View All Quotes

Thanks in advance.
@aimforthemedic

While they don't guarantee hearing-safe performance on .308 guns shorter than 16", the Mini 762 cans have similar external dimensions to the 556 cans...
ya know, if you're worried about aesthetics
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 7:53:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By JOEGUNNER:
Picked up a complete used M4A1 upper from AU.  Thanks to @DoctorLove for bringing these to my attention!  Mine looks a little more used than his but it's still got plenty of life left.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/168905/KIMG0688_JPG-992903.jpg
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/168905/KIMG0689_JPG-992904.jpg
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/168905/KIMG0690_JPG-992905.jpg

I got lucky and scored a Semi Auto Colt Ambi selector from AU while they were briefly in stock.  I'll snag a RIS II here pretty quick.  The real tough choice will be whether or not to hold out for a 4 prong, or just say screw it and do a 3 prong.  E-Filed the SBR paperwork on my PSA M4A1 lower today as well.  Hoping to find a Colt LPK that isn't stupid expensive.  Progress...
View Quote
That one looks pretty good to me. It is hard to tell in pictures. I couldn’t find Colt LPKs that were affordable, so I pieced mine together from AU and the EE. Don’t tell anyone, but I have a Vltor buffer tube.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 8:14:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 10:00:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Flyit14:
Progress! Got the barrel mounted and just installed the gas block.

Anyone know what size set screws are in the DD MK12 gas block? Mine only came with one for some reason.

https://i.imgur.com/GR3YAv5h.jpg
View Quote
I do not know the size of the set screws, but if you are in no hurry, email DD and they'll more than likely send you a new set.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 11:14:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By dmac7979:

I do not know the size of the set screws, but if you are in no hurry, email DD and they'll more than likely send you a new set.
View Quote
Hadn't thought of that. I'll give it a shot!
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 11:39:49 PM EDT
[#11]

Hadn't thought of that. I'll give it a shot!
View Quote
I stripped out a DD gas block clamp screw and they sent me a replacement set within a week.
Link Posted: 6/26/2019 12:01:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/26/2019 12:49:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By zodtgr8:

While they don't guarantee hearing-safe performance on .308 guns shorter than 16", the Mini 762 cans have similar external dimensions to the 556 cans...
ya know, if you're worried about aesthetics
View Quote
Thanks everyone for the input!
Link Posted: 6/26/2019 1:38:05 AM EDT
[#14]

@aimforthemedic

View Quote
This is a SF 762 mini on a SF warcomp.

Link Posted: 6/26/2019 8:56:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By FREEFALLE7:
This is a SF 762 mini on a SF warcomp.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/20856/ADB68039-C764-44B6-BBA4-31D755EE3320-531286.jpg
View Quote
How is the performance on 5.56? That looks basically just like the 5.56 can and gives me the ability to flex to 300Blk.
Link Posted: 6/26/2019 12:00:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Flyit14] [#16]
Got the rail on. Still need to P&W the surefire so it's on the SBR lower for now. I kind of like the two tone look though.

Might put the eotech stuff back on the MK18.

Any suggestions for lower priced optic solutions for a block II m4? I've seen pictures of a vortex strike eagle in use. Not sure what the hive mind thinks though.

Link Posted: 6/26/2019 1:26:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Got the rail on. Still need to P&W the surefire so it's on the SBR lower for now. I kind of like the two tone look though.

Might put the eotech stuff back on the MK18.

Any suggestions for lower priced optic solutions for a block II m4? I've seen pictures of a vortex strike eagle in use. Not sure what the hive mind thinks though.

http://i.imgur.com/G6x1w5d.jpg
View Quote
I am somewhat partial to my Acog ECOS.

Link Posted: 6/26/2019 1:38:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Jlgil73:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/47998079728_06c0e8c2e7_o.jpg
View Quote
Well I was really looking for a lower priced option.

But that does look killer.
Link Posted: 6/26/2019 2:52:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Attachment Attached File

Put this together last week. I've been trying to find the correct tailcap for the M3X but might just give up and replace it with a Surefire Scout.
Link Posted: 6/26/2019 3:19:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:
Flyit I'm 99 percent sure DD will send you 1/2. If not let me know. I have a Mk12 block chopped in half somewhere with its screws, just have no idea where TF it is at this current time other than I saw it somewhat recently.
View Quote
They just emailed me back, they're sending the screws out in a day or two. Awesome CS from them!

Thanks for the offer though. Hope you find it haha.
Link Posted: 6/26/2019 3:42:53 PM EDT
[#21]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jlgil73:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/47998079728_06c0e8c2e7_o.jpg

Six month financing at 0% at Scopelist if using PayPal.
Link Posted: 6/26/2019 6:57:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By SScot:
Post it lol! It is a Midwest Industries 12" (MCTAR-20XG2) and it is rock solid. I did want a DD if I am being honest. I also wanted the clone light but that thing is so weak and antiquated I went with the new scout that is stupid bright. I put it together for me after seeing all these amazing posts and wanted to play.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dempsy1:

@SScot

Sure are-not that you have a bad looking gun but it's not a clone, inspired maybe but not a clone.  I was wondering about your rail though-who makes it?  And my gun is so far off from most in here I'm always hesitant to even post it!
Post it lol! It is a Midwest Industries 12" (MCTAR-20XG2) and it is rock solid. I did want a DD if I am being honest. I also wanted the clone light but that thing is so weak and antiquated I went with the new scout that is stupid bright. I put it together for me after seeing all these amazing posts and wanted to play.
@SScot

Barrel and upper are wrong-but at least the barrel is FN, need a colt upper.  Lower is an etched 80% I’ll have an EXPS 3 by the end of July. Muzzle device is wrong but will always be since all my stuff is ASR based.
Link Posted: 6/26/2019 7:15:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Looks fantastic
Link Posted: 6/26/2019 8:51:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Reconfigured my “do-all” rifle.  Repositioned the scope and red dot.

Link Posted: 6/26/2019 9:10:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Looking to build an M4A1 Block II Recce style rifle and my question is what LPVO would be the best option between the Vortex Razor 1-6 and the Nightforce NX8. I know the Razor has been seen “in the wild” as for the NX8 I’m not sure. I believe the ATACR would be the best bet, but if I can get by with the NX8 that’d be my choice..
Link Posted: 6/26/2019 9:17:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Question. What buffer are you guys running with your Block IIs? I am looking at using an H2.
Link Posted: 6/26/2019 9:43:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Siam4a1] [#27]
Originally Posted By Soupmod05:
Looking to build an M4A1 Block II Recce style rifle and my question is what LPVO would be the best option between the Vortex Razor 1-6 and the Nightforce NX8. I know the Razor has been seen “in the wild” as for the NX8 I’m not sure. I believe the ATACR would be the best bet, but if I can get by with the NX8 that’d be my choice..
View Quote
fwiw
The Razor is a nice color match

Link Posted: 6/26/2019 9:48:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Siam4a1] [#28]
Originally Posted By airman23:
I’m in the process of building a SOCOM Block ll upper. I’ve got the Colt SOCOM profile 14.5” barrel and the Daniel Defense RIS ll FSP rail. To stay “Clone correct” I would have to use the Surefire SF3P Flash hider but the Surefire Warcomp seems to look like a better choice as you get not only a Flash hider similar to the SF3P but you also get a compensator as well
View Quote
I believe the Knights NT4 flash hider is as clone correct as the SF4P.
Infamous300 has two of them @ #firesaleprice on EE ( NT4).
Link Posted: 6/26/2019 11:44:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By jrs93accord:
Question. What buffer are you guys running with your Block IIs? I am looking at using an H2.
View All Quotes
H2 is correct.

@SScot

http://i.imgur.com/5qJQEVG.jpg

Barrel and upper are wrong-but at least the barrel is FN, need a colt upper.  Lower is an etched 80% I’ll have an EXPS 3 by the end of July. Muzzle device is wrong but will always be since all my stuff is ASR based.
I've built many Blk IIs down range using both FN barrels and stripped uppers.  They are clone correct.  Colts were used on the initial run but as parts wear out they get replaced with what is in the supply system.

CD
Link Posted: 6/26/2019 11:50:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Siam4a1] [#30]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:

H2 is correct.

I've built many Blk IIs down range using both FN barrels and stripped uppers.  They are clone correct.  Colts were used on the initial run but as parts wear out they get replaced with what is in the supply system.

CD
View Quote
Do all the issued RIS II rails have dates on them?
Like this thang I just got on EE ?
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 1:35:39 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Siam4a1:
fwiw
The Razor is a nice color match
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/492214/AD646307-10D2-4BB4-9603-1E4A502949B8-973098.jpg
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/492214/DC268F20-B237-4C1D-8CCD-084553D6AD1F-973099.jpg
It really does pair well with the RIS. I’m torn between the two.
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 3:09:23 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Siam4a1:

Do all the issued RIS II rails have dates on them?
Like this thang I just got on EE ?
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/492214/CA678CA6-9E59-4D17-B592-97F09F2E154E-995006.jpg
View Quote
Some do and some do not.  Those dated have 07-14' dates on them.  Others I have in foil wraps are undated.  That includes Mk18, M4A1 with and without FSB.

CD
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 6:32:59 AM EDT
[#33]

H2 is correct.

CD
View Quote
Thanks CD.
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 8:50:22 AM EDT
[#34]
H2 is correct.

CD
View All Quotes
H2 is correct.

@SScot

http://i.imgur.com/5qJQEVG.jpg

CD
@Combat_Diver

Thanks for the info, I thought the FN seems like a high quality barrel.

Can you tell me if there are any other flashlights being used other than the two listed on page one?
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 9:10:34 AM EDT
[#35]

@Combat_Diver

Thanks for the info, I thought the FN seems like a high quality barrel.

Can you tell me if there are any other flashlights being used other than the two listed on page one?
View Quote
No newer lights, some of the older Surefires are sometimes seen.

CD
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 4:54:40 PM EDT
[#36]

No newer lights, some of the older Surefires are sometimes seen.

CD
View Quote
Personally, I will be using a Surefire M300 Scout light (Tan). I do have a question in regard to switches. What is preferred? EU07, DS07, or DS-SR07? This light does have a Z68 On/Off Tailcap.
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 9:01:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Hey CD, do you see any Vortex Razors coming thru on issued guns? I’ve seen some in the wild pics, but curious to see how often they are used. Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 11:37:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 762hunter2] [#38]
Hey CD, do you see any Vortex Razors coming thru on issued guns? I’ve seen some in the wild pics, but curious to see how often they are used. Thanks!
View Quote
I’ve seen them on 15 different Block IIs and on 3 MK17s by my unofficial count from here and instagram. So 18 across all SOF seen seems pretty small. Not that I’m keeping count to justify my build...
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 12:03:44 AM EDT
[#39]
View Quote
Yes, some are used.  Not widely however, don't have numbers.

CD
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 10:55:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 762hunter2] [#40]
Ordered a bcm vfg mod 3 to go on my block ii. Going for a cross between this rifle

And

Link Posted: 6/28/2019 11:52:24 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By 762hunter2:
Ordered a bcm vfg mod 3 to go on my block ii. Going for a cross between this rifle
https://i.imgur.com/rfNGzb2.jpg

And

https://i.imgur.com/bhccHYw.jpg
View Quote
Thank you, I was about to ask if someone had some in the wild pics to share. That’s pretty much what I’m wanting to build. M4A1 Block 2 with the Razor in a G mount. Share some more pics homies
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 1:17:19 PM EDT
[#42]

And

View Quote
What scout light mount is that?
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 1:36:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By runguns:
View All Quotes

And

Better question, what flash hider is that on the bottom pic...
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 1:51:19 PM EDT
[#44]

Better question, what flash hider is that on the bottom pic...
View Quote
Looks like a FH556-212A
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 2:27:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By MrKV:

Looks like a FH556-212A
View Quote
I was thinking (Hoping) SFCT-556-1/2-28, but you might be right.
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 2:55:54 PM EDT
[#46]

I was thinking (Hoping) SFCT-556-1/2-28, but you might be right.
View Quote
Yeah I think it was AFSOC that I saw pictures of running the legacy stuff... I have both the FH556-215a and 212a for a fa556... Running the 215a on my cqbr since I don't have a RC
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 4:00:06 PM EDT
[#47]
View All Quotes

And

Badger ordnance M7
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 4:08:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 762hunter2] [#48]
Thank you, I was about to ask if someone had some in the wild pics to share. That’s pretty much what I’m wanting to build. M4A1 Block 2 with the Razor in a G mount. Share some more pics homies
View All Quotes

And

It’s a badger ordinance unimount in that pic. Razors have been seen and geissele mounts have been seen, but I think the only time a razor has been seen in a geissele mount is on one MK17 and one Block 3ish M4A1

https://www.badgerordnance.com/unimounts/30-mm-1-piece-lm-unimount-1-54-high-5-8-long.html

Same dudes running vortex sparcs and warne mounts

And what is that? Another LaRue mount
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 7:30:12 PM EDT
[#49]
I have gotten several more parts in over the past two days. The FDE DD RIS II arrived today. The SF3P and a few other parts came yesterday. I have ordered a Colt M4/M4A1 receiver extension (4-pos.) from SAW. Hopefully, that will ship out early next week. The CQD sling mounts and TangoDown VFG (FDE) shipped today from Charlies Custom Clones. My Blue Force Vickers sling is now set up with Blue Force Gear snap hooks. The BCM SOCOM barrel was supposed to arrive today, but is delayed because of an accident on I-65 between Memphis and Montgomery last night. Since tomorrow is Saturday, it is likely I will not get it until Monday. As far as the KAC sights are concerned, I will not get them until some time in August. In the meanwhile, once I get the upper assembled, it will go off to John Thomas to have the SF3P pinned and welded. That is all for now.
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 10:16:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Sputnik556:
You should post it in the MK18 thread if you think we’re serious.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Sputnik556:
Judging by the responses you would think I'm a troll. I'm not lol. It was inspired and built on a block two, not a replica. You guys are serious about this is see lol.
You should post it in the MK18 thread if you think we’re serious.
RIP
Page / 907
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top