Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 906
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 7:29:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Vegas19D:
I seem to recall reading in this thread that the SOCOM profile barrels were typically used on the RIS II FSB uppers and the RIS II NON-FSB uppers had standard M4 profile barrels underneath, is that correct?
View Quote
Reason for that is that the units purchased the FSB uppers and installed them on existing M4A1 guns.  Majority of those had SOCOM bbls at this time.  The Non-FSBs uppers were assembled by Crane or SOF FTT armorers (me) and issued with Govt profile bbls.

CD
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 7:32:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Glitch bump

Attachment Attached File

CD
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 7:33:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 3:04:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Whats the consensus on a TA31ECOS acog? I have an itch for another acog and from reading the 700 or so pages this one has popped up a few times in this thread and i guess as seen in the wild. Is it clone correct?
I have a tan exps on my mk18 so i'm trying to go for optic diversity. I also like the crosshair reticle versus the traditional chevron.
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 3:08:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By JLAudio:
Whats the consensus on a TA31ECOS acog? I have an itch for another acog and from reading the 700 or so pages this one has popped up a few times in this thread and i guess as seen in the wild. Is it clone correct?
I have a tan exps on my mk18 so i'm trying to go for optic diversity. I also like the crosshair reticle versus the traditional chevron.
View Quote
Yeah I've seen ECOS' on issued guns. Go for it
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 10:51:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FreefallRet] [#6]
For those with elcans, how much of the view is blocked at 1X with a PEQ on top of the rail?
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 11:02:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Scroll down a few posts from the top of the previous page.
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 11:31:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Kalmar:
Scroll down a few posts from the top of the previous page.
View Quote
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 1:25:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: brodband8] [#9]
View Quote
I was about to do a 14.5 block II and run a ta01ecos myself until I can find another su230.  I say go for it.
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 3:28:40 AM EDT
[#10]
View Quote
Ta01ecos and Ta31ecos are also known as the the Su-237, and after owning 2 of them and an Mint Gen3 Su-230, and I would say the ecos is a better optic than the Elcan in almost every single way. The both utilize pretty much the same socom reticle. The acog can be serviced and repaired, good luck getting ever getting raytheon or armament tech to service or repair an elcan, besides changing out the illumination module for an upgrade. The ecos is lighter optic compared to the elcan. And finally the ecos is at least 1k cheaper. I will say the eye relief on the elcan though is  slightly better.
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 4:12:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By JonnyMoses:

Ta01ecos and Ta31ecos are also known as the the Su-237, and after owning 2 of them and an Mint Gen3 Su-230, and I would say the ecos is a better optic than the Elcan in almost every single way. The both utilize pretty much the same socom reticle. The acog can be serviced and repaired, good luck getting ever getting raytheon or armament tech to service or repair an elcan, besides changing out the illumination module for an upgrade. The ecos is lighter optic compared to the elcan. And finally the ecos is at least 1k cheaper. I will say the eye relief on the elcan though is  slightly better.
View Quote
Armament tech will service any su230 regardless of origin but only for external repairs, and they are limited on what external parts/repairs they can do.
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 4:23:45 AM EDT
[#12]
I’m torn between a closetine or a three prong. Is one more “ correct “ than the other?
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 4:28:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cmdexe] [#13]
Originally Posted By brodband8:

Armament tech will service any su230 regardless of origin but only for external repairs, and they are limited on what external parts/repairs they can do.
View Quote
Correct, so if you need a new objective or eyepiece lens they cannot repair it. Even though I still own an Su230, its a big turn off if the optic were to need repairs down the road for at the price-point its at. From what I was told by one of the individuals who does warranty work at Raytheon and from individuals who do repairs at armament tech, is that elcan optics are not meant to be opened at all for repairs. When the optic is damaged internally or to a point that it needs internal repairs and if it is under warranty they will just replace the optic, however if it is out of warranty you are pretty much sol. About the only repairs that can be done to them are external repairs as you stated which cover such issues as with the lever, lever spring, arms mount, and illumination module upgrade; these are very limited repairs.
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 4:52:53 AM EDT
[#14]

Correct, so if you need a new objective or eyepiece lens they cannot repair it. Even though I still own an Su230, its a big turn off if the optic were to need repairs down the road for at the price-point its at. From what I was told by one of the individuals who does warranty work at Raytheon and from individuals who do repairs at armament tech, is that elcan optics are not meant to be opened at all for repairs. When the optic is damaged internally or to a point that it needs internal repairs and if it is under warranty they will just replace the optic, however if it is out of warranty you are pretty much sol. About the only repairs that can be done to them are external repairs as you stated which cover such issues as with the lever, lever spring, arms mount, and illumination module upgrade; these are very limited repairs.
View Quote
Yep, true.  Granted I have never personally had an issue with any one I have owned, that is just the chance you have to be willing to take to be clone correct.
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 7:38:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By rochelieux:
I’m torn between a closetine or a three prong. Is one more “ correct “ than the other?
View Quote
Closed/Open for AFSOC, Open for NAVSPECWAR, ARSOF and NT4 for MARSOC.

CD
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 11:42:43 AM EDT
[#16]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I was about to do a 14.5 block II and run a ta01ecos myself until I can find another su230.  I say go for it.
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:

Yeah I've seen ECOS' on issued guns. Go for it
thanks guys. i ended up snagging the acog ecos from the EE for a smoking deal.

now i need to scour the internet for a anodized FDE ADM QD mount for it. the bobro mount that is trijicon branded is fugly.
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 3:20:44 PM EDT
[#17]
First snaps of my block 2 from my cell phone

Colt Socom 14.5 pinned and welded sf3p
DD RIS II
colt bcg
colt keyhole upper
colt m4 carbine lower
colt ambi safety
geissele ssa
CQD bits and pieces
KAC bits and pieces
b5 sopmod govt contract stock

I might swap the black stock for the poopy b5 stock when the acog shows up.

Link Posted: 9/3/2018 5:37:44 PM EDT
[#18]
First snaps of my block 2 from my cell phone

Colt Socom 14.5 pinned and welded sf3p
DD RIS II
colt bcg
colt keyhole upper
colt m4 carbine lower
colt ambi safety
geissele ssa
CQD bits and pieces
KAC bits and pieces
b5 sopmod govt contract stock

I might swap the black stock for the poopy b5 stock when the acog shows up.

https://i.imgur.com/kFO7nz4.jpg?1
https://i.imgur.com/pRWsCRs.jpg?1
View Quote
Nice

Naked Block II's always look good. What are your optic and light plans?
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 7:35:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Will816:

Nice

Naked Block II's always look good. What are your optic and light plans?
View Quote
Nice

I have a new Colt 6920 I need to do something with.
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 7:47:59 AM EDT
[#20]
I apologize if this has been covered, but which TA31 models are correct for a Block II FSP?

My budget sucks, so I’d like to pick a model that I could slap on my A4 and not be too far off if I were to feel the need.
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 9:14:10 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Sputnik556:
I apologize if this has been covered, but which TA31 models are correct for a Block II FSP?

My budget sucks, so I’d like to pick a model that I could slap on my A4 and not be too far off if I were to feel the need.
View Quote
The chevron model ie M150 as used by Uncle Sam.

CD
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 9:17:44 AM EDT
[#22]
TA31RCOM150-CP and TA31F
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 10:29:49 AM EDT
[#23]

View Quote
The correct ACOG for a USMC M16A4 wouldn't be correct for a Block II. I would get one that is correct for one or the other.
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 11:49:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By pezboytate:
The correct ACOG for a USMC M16A4 wouldn't be correct for a Block II. I would get one that is correct for one or the other.
View All Quotes

Right, I want one that’s correct for the Block II, I just want to swap it over to the A4 on occasion.
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 12:04:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Right, I want one that’s correct for the Block II, I just want to swap it over to the A4 on occasion.
View All Quotes

The RCO-A4 reticle is calibrated for a 20” barrel, but if I was wanting to swap back and forth I would go with the RCO-M4 personally. It won’t be off by a whole lot on the A4 until you start pushing it out there a ways toward max effective range....but you could use a ballistic calculator to get your holds if you were doing long range stuff with the A4.

If you were to get the -A4 (a little harder to find but they’re out there) you would do the same just reversed
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 12:16:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sputnik556] [#26]
The RCO-A4 reticle is calibrated for a 20” barrel, but if I was wanting to swap back and forth I would go with the RCO-M4 personally. It won’t be off by a whole lot on the A4 until you start pushing it out there a ways toward max effective range....but you could use a ballistic calculator to get your holds if you were doing long range stuff with the A4.

If you were to get the -A4 (a little harder to find but they’re out there) you would do the same just reversed
View All Quotes

Thanks. 99% of the time it’ll live on the 14.5”.

Even though it isn’t correct, I’ve also considered the TA31H, don’t beat me.
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 12:20:15 PM EDT
[#27]

View All Quotes

If I beat you I would have to beat myself....because I use the TA31H on mine

They fall in the “sort of correct” category as they’re designated the RCO-2. The Marine Corps has some H reticles in use....and it’s definitely a better reticle than the 31F/chevron family
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 12:23:40 PM EDT
[#28]

They fall in the “sort of correct” category as they’re designated the RCO-2. The Marine Corps has some H reticles in use....and it’s definitely a better reticle than the 31F/chevron family
View All Quotes

Nice!

Any idea what load and barrel length the H is calibrated for?

I’ve seen conflicting information.
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 12:25:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Nice!

View All Quotes

Nice!

M855/14.5” bbl
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 12:27:57 PM EDT
[#30]
M855/14.5” bbl
View All Quotes

Nice!

M855/14.5” bbl
Awesome, thanks.

Now to save my pennies for the next forever.
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 12:30:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Awesome, thanks.

View All Quotes

Nice!

M855/14.5” bbl
Awesome, thanks.

And you still need a 454 to replace that 305 in your car. Best get a 2nd/3rd job!
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 1:03:18 PM EDT
[#32]
And you still need a 454 to replace that 305 in your car. Best get a 2nd/3rd job!
View All Quotes

Nice!

M855/14.5” bbl
Awesome, thanks.

If you think that’s bad, I’m buying a new Ranger in the spring.

The second job may be a good idea.

That 305 is going to have a home for a long time.
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 11:12:52 PM EDT
[#33]

This place needs more pics...
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 1:21:35 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Lerch641:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/Black_Hawk_169/20180904_180333_zpsjmpfira2.jpg

This place needs more pics...
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 6:00:12 PM EDT
[#35]
You know what they say, trust, but verify.

This look legit? Some of the lettering is light.

Link Posted: 9/6/2018 6:40:25 PM EDT
[#36]

https://i.imgur.com/mKABeDS.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/klWqWwl.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/5sbQzT6.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/QEVsoNi.jpg
View Quote
Font and hardware looks correct. I would say yes
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 6:42:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Looks good to me.
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 10:25:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Would anyone. Be willing to trade my fsp ris for their non fsp ris? I would add $50-100
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 8:01:48 AM EDT
[#39]

View Quote
RISII's have had all types of lettering variations and color variations so it's hard to use that as verification. The fake RISII's will be pretty obvious. Fakes will always lack the helicoil inserts from what I have seen. Yours looks real to me as long as it has helicoils.
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 4:13:31 PM EDT
[#40]
https://postimg.cc/gallery/1bcu577g8/
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 9:05:26 PM EDT
[#41]
This may be a dumb question, but any issues with using ladder covers under the FSB?

I’m concerned about heat, obviously.
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 9:12:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 7:33:50 AM EDT
[#43]

View Quote
The lettering on mine looks just like yours, with the Black Creek, GA lettering a slightly different shade. I was wondering the same thing as you, I think mine is legit but have no way of knowing for sure?
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 11:25:54 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Guardian223:

The lettering on mine looks just like yours, with the Black Creek, GA lettering a slightly different shade. I was wondering the same thing as you, I think mine is legit but have no way of knowing for sure?
View Quote
It's legit, it's fine.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 11:30:15 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By AcesHye:
https://postimg.cc/gallery/1bcu577g8/
View Quote
Fixed them.

Link Posted: 9/8/2018 2:21:52 PM EDT
[#46]

It's legit, it's fine.
View Quote
I figured as much, wasn’t worried about it really, just noticed it on mine as well.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 3:11:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pbjunkiee] [#47]
Thinking about putting my prototype 1-5 on my m4 until i can secure a cheap mark 6 1-6.

What are my mount options again?

Thinking a 104 will br my easiest choice

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 3:13:01 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By pbjunkiee:
Thinking about putting my prototype 1-5 on my m4 until i can secure a cheap mark 6 1-6.

What are my mount options again?

Thinking a 104 will br my easiest choice

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/348028/20180409_125055-665306.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/348028/20170203_170427-665307.JPG
View Quote
I'm confused. Rusty ass 870 in the B2 thread? My head hurts.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 3:17:03 PM EDT
[#49]
fat finer on my phone lol .... one min
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 3:19:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pbjunkiee] [#50]
Attachment Attached File

Found a cheap lt-104 for it, should be here monday

Allegedly a test scope from crane

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Scope-Gurus-I-Got-One-For-Ya/5-1962337/
Page / 906
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top