AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 1178
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 1:57:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ArpaioFan:
Merry Christmas fellow Mk12 peeps.

I have a spare SPR barrel that I'm looking to build into a Mod 0 to keep the mod juan company.  Looking on PRI's website, can someone tell me what the hell I need?

Which barrel nut goes with the Gen II forearm?  This?
Which sleeve do I need?  This? or is it I'm pretty sure it's this one.
Which front sight is correct?  Do I want the crossbolt or the set screw version?  Do I need flats put on the barrel?
View Quote
shoot me a pm I will get you squared away.
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 11:12:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sbye] [#2]
Originally Posted By TexasTerror:
Ordered a Brownells A1 lower for Christmas. Time to get the Mod 1 started. AEM5 will be ordered very soon.

Thanks for keeping this thread alive and all the great info and input.

Merry Christmas.
View Quote
I just picked up one of the A1 lowers too. They had the blems on sale for $85. Not sure if they still do.

Edit:
Looks like they still do. LINK
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 12:24:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By sbye:

I just picked up one of the A1 lowers too. They had the blems on sale for $85. Not sure if they still do.

Edit:
Looks like they still do. LINK
View Quote
That’s what I bought. Hope it’s clone enough.
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 5:37:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey guys,

I'm in the process of building a Mark 12 Mod 1. but I need some help from the experts here

Here is my list of parts:

-Douglas 18in with Ops In brake set (purchased from High Caliber Sales)
-Colt rifle length gas tube
-COLT AR-15 GAS TUBE PIN
-PRI gas buster with combat latch
-Geissele Super Semi-Automatic Enhanced (SSA-E) Trigger- 05-160
-KNIGHTS ARMAMENT - AR-15/M16 LOW PROFILE MK12 GAS BLOCK
-KNIGHTS ARMAMENT - AR-15/M16 FREE FLOAT RAS
-Harris Bipod 6-9 with swivel
-KAC bipod adapter
-Colt AR15A4 (purchased for the lower and upper and BCG- Colt Carry Handle and 20in barrel with hand guards  for sale if anyone is interested)

I want to purchase a Night Force scope but I wont know which one the military is currently using for their Mod 1's ? Suggestions?
Also, which Back up iron sights should I get? Sling?

Anything I am missing or is incorrect?

Thank you in advance!

Matt
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 6:08:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Mattg203:
Hey guys,

I'm in the process of building a Mark 12 Mod 1. but I need some help from the experts here

Here is my list of parts:

-Douglas 18in with Ops In brake set (purchased from High Caliber Sales)
-Colt rifle length gas tube
-COLT AR-15 GAS TUBE PIN
-PRI gas buster with combat latch
-Geissele Super Semi-Automatic Enhanced (SSA-E) Trigger- 05-160
-KNIGHTS ARMAMENT - AR-15/M16 LOW PROFILE MK12 GAS BLOCK
-KNIGHTS ARMAMENT - AR-15/M16 FREE FLOAT RAS
-Harris Bipod 6-9 with swivel
-KAC bipod adapter
-Colt AR15A4 (purchased for the lower and upper and BCG- Colt Carry Handle and 20in barrel with hand guards  for sale if anyone is interested)

I want to purchase a Night Force scope but I wont know which one the military is currently using for their Mod 1's ? Suggestions?
Also, which Back up iron sights should I get? Sling?

Anything I am missing or is incorrect?

Thank you in advance!

Matt
View Quote
Badger ordinance gas block from page 1 and Nightforce 2.5-10x24.
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 8:30:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Is the badger more correct?

What about the Night Force NXS - 3.5-15x50mm - ZeroStop - .1 Mil-Radian - Mil-R?
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 8:38:26 PM EDT
[#7]

What about the Night Force NXS - 3.5-15x50mm - ZeroStop - .1 Mil-Radian - Mil-R?
View Quote
The originals were in-house made by Crane, the Badger are good but they tend to run really snug. You may have to heat the block and chill the barrel.

The DD gas block is the other one folks use, less likely to require extra work.
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 8:42:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RTUtah] [#8]

View Quote
Those are both outstanding options for a Mod1, however, Mod1s didn't ship from Crane configured this way. Ask yourself how clone you're trying to be.

ETA: I thought you were asking about Badger uni-mount, lol. I used a Badger block on my Mod1 and it was VERY snug. Be prepared for some creative problem solving...
Link Posted: 12/27/2018 11:11:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Skrapmetal] [#9]
So I haven't really researched the Mk12 clone world much, in fact until recently I didn't really do the clone thing. I have a block 1 and am building a block 2 now...

I snagged this scope as an open box item at Brownell's retail store black friday thing a couple of years ago. Is this thing clone accurate for a Mk12? I don't have it on a rifle right now and I'm trying to decide what to do with it.

Yes, I know my floor needs refinished. We are slowly remodeling this house since we bought it, ripped up all of the carpet to find good hardwood underneath.
Link Posted: 12/27/2018 3:45:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Skrapmetal:
So I haven't really researched the Mk12 clone world much, in fact until recently I didn't really do the clone thing. I have a block 1 and am building a block 2 now...

I snagged this scope as an open box item at Brownell's retail store black friday thing a couple of years ago. Is this thing clone accurate for a Mk12? I don't have it on a rifle right now and I'm trying to decide what to do with it.

https://i.imgur.com/VaOBsoR.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/TxUjlh0.jpg

Yes, I know my floor needs refinished. We are slowly remodeling this house since we bought it, ripped up all of the carpet to find good hardwood underneath.
View Quote
One gentleman with a Mod H did run a non-illum 3.5-10 in a LaRue LT104, with an offset red dot

Link Posted: 12/27/2018 3:47:12 PM EDT
[#11]
There was also this Mod 1 in the background, I suspect someone nabbed a 3.5-10 off a Mk11 or SR25.

Link Posted: 12/27/2018 6:26:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Cool, thank you. I had no idea when I bought it.

Now I have to decide if I want to delve into another clone, or if I should do something else with it.
Link Posted: 12/27/2018 7:31:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Skrapmetal:
Cool, thank you. I had no idea when I bought it.

Now I have to decide if I want to delve into another clone, or if I should do something else with it.
View Quote
Holland
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 10:38:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Helojumper2001] [#14]
Throwing this one together with an original removed front sight from when the mod 0's morphed into Hollands. Also was able to get my hands on thisold handguard.  I know the Larue bipod adapter isnt correct and will be replaced with the ARMS eventually.

NLS rings and bipod will arrive next week. Also having Ron Allen make a longer thread brake like the earlier brakes had.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 1:19:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Going to pick up my lower next week and plan to order my knurled AEM5 then.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 6:15:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Helojumper2001:
Throwing this one together with an original removed front sight from when the mod 0's morphed into Hollands. Also was able to get my hands on thisold handguard.  I know the Larue bipod adapter isnt correct and will be replaced with the ARMS eventually.

NLS rings and bipod will arrive next week. Also having Ron Allen make a longer thread brake like the earlier brakes had.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/408127/20181228_183403_jpg-788511.JPG
View Quote
Very nice!
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 11:18:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Any particular lower parts kit I should get?

Also what is the most correct Ambi safety for a mod 1?

Will be ordering a LPK without trigger and grip as I already have a black ergo and will be ordering a SSA-E.
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 10:00:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Getting there....

Link Posted: 12/31/2018 1:06:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 3:20:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Philipp] [#20]
new years eve at the shooting club, took out the Mod 0 and made some of the new guys smile.

Also used the opportunity to try out my new toy, the Magnetospeed V3, which finally showed up this morning. First shots were a bit unsettling, but after that it is fun, finally i get real results for Strelok :D
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 3:34:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: InfidelCavalry] [#21]
I’m about to get started on a Mk12 Mod 1. Here is a parts list I’ve drummed up (minus optics and rings), what are your thoughts?
-KAC FF RAS ($375)
-Douglas Mk12 barrel ($370)
-DD Mk12 gas block ($70)
-rifle length gas tube ($16)
-Ops inc 12th model brake and collar ($150 @ centurion arms)
-BCG (~$200)
-Stripped upper (~$100) (BCM blem about $60)
-PSA A2 complete lower ($170)
-BCM charging handle ($80)

Total price comes out to about $1500 without optics, rings, and suppressor, and that seems a little cheap. I figure the missing pieces will be another $2k. I appreciate any advice.

ETA: this seems suspect to me because HCS sells just the uppers for about $2k. Am I missing something?
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 4:37:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 5:03:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By InfidelCavalry:
I’m about to get started on a Mk12 Mod 1. Here is a parts list I’ve drummed up (minus optics and rings), what are your thoughts?
-KAC FF RAS ($375)
-Douglas Mk12 barrel ($370)
-DD Mk12 gas block ($70)
-rifle length gas tube ($16)
-Ops inc 12th model brake and collar ($150 @ centurion arms)
-BCG (~$200)
-Stripped upper (~$100) (BCM blem about $60)
-PSA A2 complete lower ($170)
-BCM charging handle ($80)

Total price comes out to about $1500 without optics, rings, and suppressor, and that seems a little cheap. I figure the missing pieces will be another $2k. I appreciate any advice.

ETA: this seems suspect to me because HCS sells just the uppers for about $2k. Am I missing something?
View Quote
I'd go with an A1 profile lower from Brownells or an 80% if you can find someone to reprofile and engrave corrects markings (this is assuming you already have the capability to machine your own lowers). Colt upper from Shark Arms and a PRI gasbuster.

As far as price goes at HCS, you're also paying for assembly and the prestige of having Alan build it.
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 5:11:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 5:28:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mattg203] [#25]
So I received my brand new Colt AR15A4 today for my Mod 1 build, and I'm a little disappointed.....

The bolt carrier isn't "C" marked (the bolt is "MPC" marked),  the front sight post doesn't have the "F" on it, the inside of the the A2 stock is worn and is discolored, the upper is M4 marked, the trigger doesn't have a 'C' mark, and the charging handle isn't marked .

Should have I just bought all colt parts separately?>?

The main reason I brought the entire rifle was because I just wanted to have most of it done and I was going to sell the colt 20in barrel and It was hard to find any colt stripped lowers that weren't an arm and a leg.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 5:32:40 PM EDT
[#26]
So I received my brand new Colt AR15A4 today for my Mod 1 build, and I'm a little disappointed. The bolt carrier isn't "C" marked (the bolt is MPC marked),  the front sight post doesn't have the "F" on it, the inside of the the A2 stock looks worn and is discolored, and the upper is M4 marked.  Should have I just bought all colt parts separately? The main reason I brought the entire rifle was because I just wanted to have most of it done and I was going to sell the colt 20in barrel and It was hard to find any colt stripped lowers that weren't an arm and a leg. Thoughts?
View Quote
The new FSP are not F marked or the last 10 I have seen are not. My A4 was the same way and it had the really metallic phosphate finish. I built my mod1 on it and sold the extras.
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 6:08:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By TexasTerror:
Any particular lower parts kit I should get?

Also what is the most correct Ambi safety for a mod 1?

Will be ordering a LPK without trigger and grip as I already have a black ergo and will be ordering a SSA-E.
View Quote
Colt LPK. Ambi would be colt or no ambi at all technically.

Charlie's has some LPKs in stock right now with a discount code of F-shopify.
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 6:34:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Welp, nothing 77-grain flavored will do better than 1.5MOA out of the holland thus far (Varget and RL15); I may still give 8208XBR a try yet.  68s were promising over RL15, so I think next outing with that guy will be 8208 with 68s, 75s, and 77s.  See what's what.

I had to bogart the collar and brake off my Holland for my Recce pin/weld job, so for the time being it's wearing a very incorrect muzzle device.  My AEM5 is probably nowhere close to coming home so oh well.

Viper PST gen 1 1-4 is on it now too.
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 12:30:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By ArmedFerret:
Welp, nothing 77-grain flavored will do better than 1.5MOA out of the holland thus far (Varget and RL15); I may still give 8208XBR a try yet.  68s were promising over RL15, so I think next outing with that guy will be 8208 with 68s, 75s, and 77s.  See what's what.

I had to bogart the collar and brake off my Holland for my Recce pin/weld job, so for the time being it's wearing a very incorrect muzzle device.  My AEM5 is probably nowhere close to coming home so oh well.

View Quote
try  Vit N140.  24.0 grains. with the 77s
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 12:36:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Shawnmt6601:

View Quote
I have to order more 77s first.  

Ran through 200 of the damn things trying to get RL15, Varget, and 8208 to shoot.  Could be that the BA barrel just doesn't wanna make em go any better than 1.5ish MOA. /shrug

SEAL Recce is the same BA tube, as is a build for the wife, so if I gotta roll 68/69 instead, I have no issues with that.  Max I'd ever shoot it around here is 500 anyway so those will work fine.

Mod 1 (from which I yoinked my FFRAS for the Recce since it was a short-notice pin/weld opportunity during the month of zuck at d wilson) is a white oak tube so that still may do better with longer bullets.

I have some 73 ELDs on the way from midway.  Give those a whirl, who knows.  Next couple months I'm gonna be focusing on my blackout anyway, since I'm headed to NCOA in Texas soon and want to lock in a single zero and know POI shift on supers and subs at various distances so I can maximize the pork harvest.  
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 1:38:41 PM EDT
[#31]

Ran through 200 of the damn things trying to get RL15, Varget, and 8208 to shoot.  Could be that the BA barrel just doesn't wanna make em go any better than 1.5ish MOA. /shrug

SEAL Recce is the same BA tube, as is a build for the wife, so if I gotta roll 68/69 instead, I have no issues with that.  Max I'd ever shoot it around here is 500 anyway so those will work fine.

Mod 1 (from which I yoinked my FFRAS for the Recce since it was a short-notice pin/weld opportunity during the month of zuck at d wilson) is a white oak tube so that still may do better with longer bullets.

I have some 73 ELDs on the way from midway.  Give those a whirl, who knows.  Next couple months I'm gonna be focusing on my blackout anyway, since I'm headed to NCOA in Texas soon and want to lock in a single zero and know POI shift on supers and subs at various distances so I can maximize the pork harvest.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Shawnmt6601:

My BA in the Holland doesn't care for any of the 77 gr. stuff I've tried. Wolf Gold produces groups not much larger than what I get from Magtech or IMI.
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 2:16:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ArmedFerret] [#32]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

My BA in the Holland doesn't care for any of the 77 gr. stuff I've tried. Wolf Gold produces groups not much larger than what I get from Magtech or IMI.
View Quote
Some 8 twists shoot 77s great, others don't.  I've got a BHW (way before they started 37 other companies to actually sell the products) 8 twist that is bugholes with 40 Nosler BT, 55 vmax, 62 hornady bthp from midsouth, 68 hornady bthp, 69 TMK, and 77SMK.  The only other bullets i've even shot out of that gun are hornady 55 fmjbt and those were around 1.3-1.4MOA out to 300.  I'm going to be putting a different handguard on that barrel and shooting it a lot more this year methinks....prolly oughta order a couple more just to stash.....or reprofile for OPS.

I'm not super offended by the BA tube not liking the 77s; 68s were getting really promising so if that's the load then hey so be it.  My usual range has berms to 300 on the main line, and a separate for 500 that i've used a couple times.

Once I finish my Creed and Grendel builds I may start pining for longer ranges to shoot.  

Honestly the whole point is loading up fresh loads and going to the range to test 'em.  Sure it's nice to find something that shoots small groups but if the barrel's life is spent doing load dev, I won't be disappointed.  Keeps me on my toes, broadens my horizons, that "whole airman" concept they keep bitching about up my chain of command.  
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 2:24:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Some 8 twists shoot 77s great, others don't.  I've got a BHW (way before they started 37 other companies to actually sell the products) 8 twist that is bugholes with 40 Nosler BT, 55 vmax, 62 hornady bthp from midsouth, 68 hornady bthp, 69 TMK, and 77SMK.  The only other bullets i've even shot out of that gun are hornady 55 fmjbt and those were around 1.3-1.4MOA out to 300.  I'm going to be putting a different handguard on that barrel and shooting it a lot more this year methinks....prolly oughta order a couple more just to stash.....or reprofile for OPS.

I'm not super offended by the BA tube not liking the 77s; 68s were getting really promising so if that's the load then hey so be it.  My usual range has berms to 300 on the main line, and a separate for 500 that i've used a couple times.

Once I finish my Creed and Grendel builds I may start pining for longer ranges to shoot.  

Honestly the whole point is loading up fresh loads and going to the range to test 'em.  Sure it's nice to find something that shoots small groups but if the barrel's life is spent doing load dev, I won't be disappointed.  Keeps me on my toes, broadens my horizons, that "whole airman" concept they keep bitching about up my chain of command.  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

The only real "precision" AR I had before I built the H was my Costa. I could take 20 rounds of Magtech and stack them in a group I could cover with my thumb. I guess that gave me some unrealistic expectations.
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 10:56:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JAG05] [#34]
If anyone has some CBC/Magtech 77 HPBT and isn’t happy with it, I’m looking to find some of Lot 039 from within the last year. I don’t know why but my MK12 shoots that specific lot quite a bit better than other lots I have. Email me if you have some you’d like to sell or swap.
Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 6:24:10 PM EDT
[#35]
I have a sick dog and have bills to pay....just threw my NF 2.5-10x24 MIL-R up on EE. Just giving you guys a heads up since many of you helped me out a lot over the years.

Love the scope but can always buy another later.
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 6:42:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By lancecriminal86:
There was also this Mod 1 in the background, I suspect someone nabbed a 3.5-10 off a Mk11 or SR25.

https://i.imgur.com/Lcfh9hP.jpg
View Quote
That's what my SPR had on it, then again it was my personal upper and optics.

Link Posted: 1/3/2019 6:44:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 12:24:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HaveBlue83] [#38]

View Quote
MkBrit262 load:
75gr bthp match 2279 hnady pills
23.2gr 8208xbr
CCI BR-4
COAL 1.765

SEND IT. if u dont see .4-.75moa 3-shot groups, reinforce your prone pos, fundamentals and try again. that load will make hits all day out to 600.
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 11:30:38 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By HaveBlue83:

MkBrit262 load:
75gr bthp match 2279 hnady pills
23.2gr 8208xbr
CCI BR-4
COAL 1.765

SEND IT. if u dont see .4-.75moa 3-shot groups, reinforce your prone pos, fundamentals and try again. that load will make hits all day out to 600.
View Quote
I don't have any 75s in the house at the moment, but I do have some 73 ELDs.  I'll give it a whirl with those and see what's what.  Be a couple weeks before I get back out to the range, *MAY* have some time on my berfday but we'll see.
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 1:48:49 PM EDT
[#40]

good luck! just shot some today, did well.

Pic thread
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 8:45:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TigerHawk] [#41]
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 9:21:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By TigerHawk:
https://i.imgur.com/cHIvcm6.jpg?1
View Quote
Dang.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 10:13:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By TigerHawk:
https://i.imgur.com/cHIvcm6.jpg?1
View Quote
If ONLY i can Up and Leave this damn State, I really want a damn Suppressor..
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 10:14:16 PM EDT
[#44]
I was working my way through the Die Hard movies and came across these... I remember hearing that the Mk12 "could" be use as a full auto support weapon. I guess if you had the money then this would be a an excellent choice for this very specific roll.

Link Posted: 1/6/2019 11:05:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By CPDowning:
I was working my way through the Die Hard movies and came across these... I remember hearing that the Mk12 "could" be use as a full auto support weapon. I guess if you had the money then this would be a an excellent choice for this very specific roll.
https://i.imgur.com/uWmyohh.png
https://i.imgur.com/MgV8Zns.png
https://i.imgur.com/6tZN2vt.png
https://i.imgur.com/n0wjrQw.png
https://i.imgur.com/R8CZytg.png
https://i.imgur.com/2APPwCt.png
https://i.imgur.com/uQqt10u.png
https://i.imgur.com/zakBOa3.png
https://i.imgur.com/piFmgre.png
https://i.imgur.com/mMLCQNc.png
https://i.imgur.com/Zjgkpjs.png
View Quote
Is the mag taped in or what?  
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 11:08:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By officerX:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By officerX:
Originally Posted By CPDowning:
https://i.imgur.com/uWmyohh.png
https://i.imgur.com/MgV8Zns.png
https://i.imgur.com/6tZN2vt.png
https://i.imgur.com/n0wjrQw.png
https://i.imgur.com/R8CZytg.png
https://i.imgur.com/2APPwCt.png
https://i.imgur.com/uQqt10u.png
https://i.imgur.com/zakBOa3.png
https://i.imgur.com/piFmgre.png
https://i.imgur.com/mMLCQNc.png
https://i.imgur.com/Zjgkpjs.png
Not sure what the fuck I'm even looking at, but maybe the tape has something to do with the brass catcher?  Kinda looks like the tape, or whatever it is, wraps around the weapon, magazine, and brass catcher.
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 4:03:38 AM EDT
[#47]
Not sure if it's been covered in this thread (946 pages is alot to go through lol) but what's a Leupold TS-30A2 3-9×36 (made in 2003) with the illuminated Mildot reticle worth? Used but like new condition...
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 7:12:01 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By ricky508:
Not sure if it's been covered in this thread (946 pages is alot to go through lol) but what's a Leupold TS-30A2 3-9×36 (made in 2003) with the illuminated Mildot reticle worth? Used but like new condition...
View Quote
There is one in the EE for $4k. Other than that, I have no idea what they sell for. I don't think I've ever seen one for sale prior to that one.
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 8:59:17 AM EDT
[#49]
Yea I saw that one that's why i asked...lol on a brief Google search, the 1st few links popped up such as Ebay, opticsplanet, etc shows it as being discontinued but were priced around $2k brand new...$4k seemed a bit out there...I also saw a PRI wheeled flip up front sight gas block that is supposedly a "5th SF group" take off that was "actually used in service" for around $2k which seems ridiculous being that a brand new "non-5th group used" flip up wheeled front sight gas block is like $189 on the PRI site...am I missing out on something or is that correct? I mean if it's legit used by SF does it really make it worth 2k?
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 9:13:22 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By ricky508:
Yea I saw that one that's why i asked...lol on a brief Google search, the 1st few links popped up such as Ebay, opticsplanet, etc shows it as being discontinued but were priced around $2k brand new...$4k seemed a bit out there...I also saw a PRI wheeled flip up front sight gas block that is supposedly a "5th SF group" take off that was "actually used in service" for around $2k which seems ridiculous being that a brand new "non-5th group used" flip up wheeled front sight gas block is like $189 on the PRI site...am I missing out on something or is that correct? I mean if it's legit used by SF does it really make it worth 2k?
View Quote
Depends on the buyer. You cannot get any clonier than that takeoff FSB. The new PRI repros are not exact copies but close enough for most.
Page / 1178
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top