Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 1178
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 10:34:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lancecriminal86] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By drago6:
Does anyone have any pics/info on how the PRI Gen 1 FSGB repros currently available compare to the O.G. ones? I seem to recall there was a slight difference in the bottom
View Quote
Original:

Flickr album with detail shots

Repro:

repro zoomed

I think there are slight shape differences in the tower, markings, the button for releasing the sight, and maybe bottom profile.
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 10:51:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cheekibreeki] [#2]
Since I decided a while back to keep this scope and have pulled the auctions, figured I'd put the pics here for possible reference:

Also, some range time and visitors (safe...for now).

Link Posted: 9/8/2018 12:01:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By lancecriminal86:
Honestly I'm not sure there are or have been enough of them in circulation for that to happen. The one C_D posted seems to be one of very few still floating around.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By lancecriminal86:
Originally Posted By pbjunkiee:
any 3-18x44 mk6 show up on a mod 1 yet ITW?
Honestly I'm not sure there are or have been enough of them in circulation for that to happen. The one C_D posted seems to be one of very few still floating around.
Can someone repost this?  I seem to have missed it.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 12:03:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 8:22:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Corporal_Chaos:

Can someone repost this?  I seem to have missed it.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

CD
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 10:10:17 PM EDT
[#6]
SPR Saturday

Link Posted: 9/8/2018 11:15:27 PM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 9/9/2018 1:48:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By ShaneWang:
SPR Saturday
https://i.imgur.com/3s6a3dr.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/9dsb3hk.jpg
View Quote
I think I'm going to need to consult a Doc.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 1:53:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 2:44:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Out chasing coyotes in the scorched earth from a recent fire. I knocked down an antelope with my bow a few days prior so I was watching the carcass to see if it brought any critters in. I heard them but never saw them!

In other news, my knurley burley AEM5 was approved on 8/17, hoping the stamp will get in any day now!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 2:58:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Some more crushed blacktop action.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 3:12:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Check cash date on your 8/17 approval?
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 3:19:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kells81] [#13]
Made it to the range today.   Didn’t realize the Scopes I had in the safe were TMR’s.  Either way,  stretched to 800 today using 77gr from midway.  The PRI group for this gun does not do it justice.  I had some group  hits at 500 and 600 on fresh targets that were real impressive.  Need to find the correct 77gr M3 Turret.

Link Posted: 9/9/2018 3:20:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By pbjunkiee:
Check cash date on your 8/17 approval?
View Quote
12/21/17
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 4:36:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Man, I need to move somewhere where every range has more than 100.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 4:45:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By vanquishings:
View Quote
Man, I need to move somewhere where I can own suppressors, conceal carry, have more than 10rd handgun mags, and be able to drive out of state.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 4:57:44 PM EDT
[#17]
View Quote
Idaho is where it’s at. I’ve got so much BLM land around me, there’s no direction that I can’t go and find somewhere to shoot in 10 minutes or less
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 4:58:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By WTFShane:

Man, I need to move somewhere where I can own suppressors, conceal carry, have more than 10rd handgun mags, and be able to drive out of state.
View Quote
Feel the same but then I'll miss the beach, surf, bikinis, sunshine, blue skies, the people and the aina
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 5:15:21 PM EDT
[#19]
View Quote
Feel your pain.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 5:39:20 PM EDT
[#20]
View Quote
I only use this because it's not a range and I can be out there by myself. No way to get comfy if trying to go past 100. But it's free and I can go when I want.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 6:14:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Glad to see I'm not alone.

I've got a friend that has 300 when the crops are down, but that's almost never.

Someone in TX or out west adopt me.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 6:28:57 PM EDT
[#22]
View All Quotes
I just want to own a Suppressor Period..
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 6:46:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By SSOUNN:

View Quote
Ditto.

If anyone is looking to part with their faux AEM5, please let me know.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 7:51:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Glad to see I'm not alone.

I've got a friend that has 300 when the crops are down, but that's almost never.

Someone in TX or out west adopt me.
View Quote
The place I shot at the most was at my friends' family farm. Could get to just over 300 there, but had to coordinate with him and make sure there was no one in the fields. Also likes to get swampy.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 7:52:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Ed_Victory:
Ditto.

View All Quotes

Ditto.

Me 3
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 7:59:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 44Echo10] [#26]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:
Me 3
View All Quotes

Ditto.

Me 3
https://allegiantarmsco.com/product/faux-mk12-suppressor-aem5-ops12/

I book marked this a couple weeks back and forgot about it.  A bit pricey. Not sure if I will get one or not. Anyway, it's going to be a few more years until I can purchase the real thing.

ETA: I am not familiar with this company.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 8:18:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By 44Echo10:

I book marked this a couple weeks back and forgot about it.  A bit pricey. Not sure if I will get one or not. Anyway, it's going to be a few more years until I can purchase the real thing.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 44Echo10:

Ditto.

Me 3

@HARMS4X did mine (and many others) and beat that price by a bit. Not sure how busy he is or if/when he's doing another round.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 8:22:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SSOUNN] [#28]
For the Fellas that’s looking for a Faux AEM5 and for Photo use ONLY.. Id recommend Z-Parts from RedWolfAirSoft ..
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 8:23:23 PM EDT
[#29]

Link Posted: 9/9/2018 8:33:57 PM EDT
[#30]

@HARMS4X did mine (and many others) and beat that price by a bit. Not sure how busy he is or if/when he's doing another round.
View Quote
I sent him an email a few weeks back and he said he’s working on some. Haven’t heard anything else yet.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 8:41:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 8:42:54 PM EDT
[#32]
I sent him an email a few weeks back and he said he’s working on some. Haven’t heard anything else yet.
View All Quotes

I had to hit him up when I wanted updates. That round took quite a while as something broke on his lathe, but since it's back up and running it shouldn't take him too awful long.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 9:34:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Will816:

Idaho is where it’s at. I’ve got so much BLM land around me, there’s no direction that I can’t go and find somewhere to shoot in 10 minutes or less
View Quote
No it isn't! It is horrible!  The weather is sunny 90% of the time.  Way too much open land so that anyone can shoot almost anywhere.  So many people shoot and shooting is expensive.  My local gun range that was granted by Theodore Roosevelt costs $100 a year, (like $8.30 a month), and has rifle range covered benches,  (could rain 45 days of the year), with 25/ 50 zero range separate from the 100, 200, 300 plus 2 gongs and 550 plus gongs, (thank god we can at least drive to the targets, thats a long walk),  4x8 plywood targets at each range, (slivers).  Multiple pistol pits with metal knock downs and 50 yard rifle ranges, (too many choices).  Electronic key gate (can you imagine having to get out and open a padlock? So 3 years ago!), and 8 minutes from my house.  No-one would want to live in this horrible place!
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 9:43:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By imdBman:
No it isn't! It is horrible!  The weather is sunny 90% of the time.  Way too much open land so that anyone can shoot almost anywhere.  So many people shoot and shooting is expensive.  My local gun range that was granted by Theodore Roosevelt costs $100 a year, (like $8.30 a month), and has rifle range covered benches,  (could rain 45 days of the year), with 25/ 50 zero range separate from the 100, 200, 300 plus 2 gongs and 550 plus gongs, (thank god we can at least drive to the targets, thats a long walk),  4x8 plywood targets at each range, (slivers).  Multiple pistol pits with metal knock downs and 50 yard rifle ranges, (too many choices).  Electronic key gate (can you imagine having to get out and open a padlock? So 3 years ago!), and 8 minutes from my house.  No-one would want to live in this horrible place!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By imdBman:

Sounds fucking terrible. We should change locations. I'm willing to make that sacrifice for you.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 10:49:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Whiskey1Alpha] [#35]
Here's a question -

On the Mk12's that have a Doctor RDS either on the TRR or on the Wilcox ring half, how did they keep the Doctor from running 24/7 and running out of batteries because the Doctor is only turned off via putting the cover on it? The cover the Doctor comes with is horrible at staying attached to the RDS' base and will come off if you as much as look at it wrong.

Is the Doctor's battery life just that good? Were they always changing out batteries for this thing? Some sort of trick to keeping it attached?
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 11:01:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Whiskey1Alpha:
Here's a question -

On the Mk12's that have a Doctor RDS either on the TRR or on the Wilcox ring half, how did they keep the Doctor from running 24/7 and running out of batteries because the Doctor is only turned off via putting the cover on it? The cover the Doctor comes with is horrible at staying attached to the RDS' base and will come off if you as much as look at it wrong.

Is the Doctor's battery life just that good? Were they always changing out batteries for this thing? Some sort of trick to keeping it attached?
View Quote
Tape the cover on while on base, remove for ops?
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 12:26:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Firejareen] [#37]
For those that want a longer but still Sopmod stock...I use a Vltor A5 buffer tube and buffer.  This give me a little longer length of pull and still has adjustability.  I like them, I have put them on several guns.  They slow down the recoil just a smidge and it makes it soo much more comfy.

SlasherMcGee...where in ND are you?  Im in Minot.
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 8:58:26 AM EDT
[#38]

I had to hit him up when I wanted updates. That round took quite a while as something broke on his lathe, but since it's back up and running it shouldn't take him too awful long.
View Quote
I am working on these but I am a bit behind on work for the shop. So I have had to prioritize. I’ll post here one week they are ready to ship. Thanks for the mentuon
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 4:12:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 4:40:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By HARMS4X:
I am working on these but I am a bit behind on work for the shop. So I have had to prioritize. I’ll post here one week they are ready to ship. Thanks for the mentuon
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HARMS4X:

@HARMS4X hows about those AE screw on flash hider/shroud thingies?
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 5:21:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By drago6:
what height mount do you have the F1 in?
View All Quotes
Both are 1.4.  PN 30697
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 11:02:43 AM EDT
[#42]
Guys, I was wondering if anyone in the group had run a pvs-30 on their MK12 mod 0.
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 11:39:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sbye] [#43]
Originally Posted By tamboi:
Guys, I was wondering if anyone in the group had run a pvs-30 on their MK12 mod 0.
View Quote
Quite a few have. I know @tinycrumb and @ecprevatte both have them. There are a couple more that I can't think of. I think a PVS-30 will be my next NV purchase.

Edit: tinycrumb might have the PVS-22... I don't recall.
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 12:08:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Knurled AEM5, finally. I’ll paint to match sometime soon.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 12:29:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By sbye:
Quite a few have. I know @tinycrumb and @ecprevatte both have them. There are a couple more that I can't think of. I think a PVS-30 will be my next NV purchase.

View All Quotes

Thanks sbye, my upper is as close to spec as I can get it, not sure about ring height with the mk4 3-9x36 with the pvs-30. I know I will need at least 1.375 with my bolt, just not a fan of high rings.
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 2:23:48 PM EDT
[#46]
View Quote
I've run it on a Mod 1. Don't have an 0 cause H is a thing. You can run it on a Mod 1, just expect to take your front sight off.
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 8:56:41 PM EDT
[#47]
I have been impressed by my PRI Mod 0 so I decided to do a Mod 1.  I have a few of these colt M4’s in the safe that were $550 so I am using it for a upper/lower donor.  I already have a set of the KAC sights.    I ordered the hand guard, gas block, charging handle, barrel, and whatever else.  Need to find the brake and collar in stock though.  Also already have another of the MK4’s in the safe but it also is a TMR.

I also want to play with the Holland but I won’t have the funds to do it this trip home.

Link Posted: 9/13/2018 8:46:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Will816] [#48]
Originally Posted By kells81:
I have been impressed by my PRI Mod 0 so I decided to do a Mod 1.  I have a few of these colt M4’s in the safe that were $550 so I am using it for a upper/lower donor.  I already have a set of the KAC sights.    I ordered the hand guard, gas block, charging handle, barrel, and whatever else.  Need to find the brake and collar in stock though.  Also already have another of the MK4’s in the safe but it also is a TMR.

I also want to play with the Holland but I won’t have the funds to do it this trip home.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/43495/CAD84899-E22B-4528-A89A-F1CB545230C6-669741.jpg
View Quote
Capitol Armory has both in stock. I bought my AEM5 through them.
Brake
Collar

Where'd you get that for $550? I'd rock a pinked out 6920 for $550.
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 9:02:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: kells81] [#49]

Capitol Armory has both in stock. I bought my AEM5 through them.
Brake
Collar

Where'd you get that for $550? I'd rock a pinked out 6920 for $550.
View Quote
Recoil or one of them earlier this year,   The Larue pink furniture came with one of my UU kits.  The Colt came with the Rogers stock and standard A2 grip with the DD handguard.

Thanks for the link.  I found them in stock at DSG arms in Fort Worth so I will probably mosey over today or tomorrow and pick them up.
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 12:56:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TinyCrumb] [#50]

View All Quotes

Yeah, had both and ran both on my Mk 12 Mod 1 and Holland.

The PVS-30 is a wonderful clip on, but it's a really poor choice for a Mk 12 IMO. It's absurdly heavy, I mean an absolute beast. It's really long. The mount is old and kinda crap (relies on shims and can be really finicky moving between multiple rifles without manual adjustment). The focus ring is really far out there and hard to manipulate, especially from a firing position. Because of it's length, you can not run the front BUIS on the Mod 1. I had both compact scopes on the Mod 1 and Holland so I can't say for sure, but I'm pretty sure if you're running the 3.5-10 the 30 might not even fit, or if it does it'll be on the very last rail section and having off the end of the gun quite a bit. The PVS-30 really shines when you're shooting 500-1000yds — which is not what most people do with their Mk 12s at night IME. If you're primarily going to be shooting at that distance, and probably using a rifle/caliber more tuned for that distance, there's no better deal out there right now than one of the refurb units.

The PVS-22 on the other hand is a tiny little unit, super light (feels less than 1/2 or 1/3 of the 30), really compact and is a phenomenal clip-on for shots out to 500yds with the right glass. The focus knob is much easier to reach and easier to manipulate (doesn't require as much leverage and easy to do with one finger). It fits on any Mk 12 and most AR15 builds. Most Mk 12 clones are using old, clone glass, so in that case somewhere around 400 or 450yd is more reasonable. But if you've got some really nice, modern glass behind it it'd probably be just fine for out to 600 or so.

For me, when I go shoot at night, 80% of stuff ends up being a combo of sentinels + laser or passive through an EOTech. Then for that last 20% it's really fun to have a clip on for longer stuff, both target shooting at and hunting. And I just don't really ever go out and shoot at night past 500yds. It's fun to have the capability to do so, but just never ended up happening. I sold the 30 and kept the 22. If you have something like a Mk 13 or a M110, the 30 is really really nice. But for a Mk 12, really not a fan compared to other options.

They're not as readily available but if you look around you can definitely find a good 22 for around the same price as the refurb 30s.

Page / 1178
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top