Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/10/2010 6:23:16 AM EDT
Is there a better (less expensive) place to buy AR specific tools than Brownells?
I need wrenches, receiver & barrel blocks, etc.

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:56:41 AM EDT
midway?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:00:50 AM EDT
While many places have some things cheaper than Brownells, I've found almost everything I need in stock from them and saved money by only paying shipping from one supplier. I do get an LE discount from them which also helps. That said, I have found small parts to be much cheaper from other sources but again, it is very hard to find one single place that consistently has the lowest prices on the many things you may need as a builder. The other important consideration in ordering the stuff you need is the cost of shipping. While I might find a couple of items cheaper at one place, I may order it at a higher price with other stuff coming from a place with cheaper shipping.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:53:07 AM EDT
I usually shop around for good prices of tools from other industry partners, then when I order other parts and accessories from them also order my tools.

Some of the dealers here that I order tools from are Bravo Company, Denny's Guns-GTS, ADCO, Operation Parts, etc.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:17:46 PM EDT
PK firearms has had some good deals in the past on upper block and such.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:36:36 PM EDT
Fulton Armory has the best prices on the upper receiver clam shell and the magwell block.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:39:55 PM EDT
Originally Posted By SGT69:
While many places have some things cheaper than Brownells, I've found almost everything I need in stock from them and saved money by only paying shipping from one supplier. I do get an LE discount from them which also helps. That said, I have found small parts to be much cheaper from other sources but again, it is very hard to find one single place that consistently has the lowest prices on the many things you may need as a builder. The other important consideration in ordering the stuff you need is the cost of shipping. While I might find a couple of items cheaper at one place, I may order it at a higher price with other stuff coming from a place with cheaper shipping.

For small parts, check out Citizens Armory. They are ood people and don't charge much at all for shipping.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:47:05 PM EDT
I agree with SGT69. Don't be so focused on saving a few pennies on the price that you pay the mailman several time more.

BTW, Brownell's also gives C&R license holders the dealer discount too.

And I've done like the other poster has done, order tools at the same time I order other parts.
Top Top