Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2010 1:09:08 PM EDT
Title says it all.  Just out of curiosity, what is the weight difference between the two?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:12:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Just a few ounces. Maybe 4-8oz I've heard?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:21:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

No, I would have to say there is a difference of maybe 2 oz between those two, if they're both 14.5.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:09:17 PM EDT
[#3]
DD told me 4-6 oz for a gov't 14.5 and a LW 16.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:13:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, I would have to say there is a difference of maybe 2 oz between those two, if they're both 14.5.

This is probably within an ounce or so. Using Pac-Nor's barrel weight calculator I figured the difference between a LW and Gov profile middy 16" once, and I recall it being about 4 ounces. The 14.5 would obviously have less metal up front, so the difference in weight would be a little less.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:35:20 PM EDT
[#5]
16in barrels is 6oz......so the 14.5 will be a little less....and it makes a difference....especially in the balance of the rifle.....go LW
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:05:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Title says it all.  Just out of curiosity, what is the weight difference between the two?

Govt profile is lt wt under the handguards and heavier out to the muzzle

Lt Wt 14.5 has more neutral handling.... if that is important to you
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 2:57:01 PM EDT
[#7]
You guys talked me into it. My first AR will have the BCM lightweight 14.5" barrel. I ordered at 6:30 am Friday and I got the shipping notification at 1:00 pm the same day. Nice!!

Now I need to figure out why I always order stuff on a Friday and have to watch my package sit in the same spot all weekend!!!
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:30:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You guys talked me into it. My first AR will have the BCM lightweight 14.5" barrel. I ordered at 6:30 am Friday and I got the shipping notification at 1:00 pm the same day. Nice!!

Now I need to figure out why I always order stuff on a Friday and have to watch my package sit in the same spot all weekend!!!

I ordered a 14.5 stripped barrel from them on Friday morning and got it at 3pm this afternoon

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top