BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 2/19/2009 2:37:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I might as wel play too I love my Armalite.
Link Posted: 2/19/2009 2:45:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Olympic Arms without a doubt
Link Posted: 2/19/2009 2:55:41 PM EDT
[#3]
No one asked what the purpose of the carbine is???  blaster?  pure accuracy?  recce?

Barrel and trigger are key; bolt is next.  I have a 16in Krieger barrel which will certainly outshoot any setup mentioned so far, in terms of accuracy.  Will it hold up as well as a chromelined barrel?  Under extreme use, no.

Easy answer:  MSTN/Larue/Noveske upper; high quality lower with true milspec lower parts; trigger of your choice.  Tailor your barrel choice to your mission.
Link Posted: 2/19/2009 3:18:41 PM EDT
[#4]
SLR15 Grail
Link Posted: 2/19/2009 3:59:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Easy.

#1 MSTN custom build. (it will of course be built with KAC, LMT, Colt, and Knights stuff)
#2 COLT 6920
#3 LMT Defender (complete rifle)

Don't give me that fucking DD or Noveske shit either.

You really like knights arms co huh?
Link Posted: 2/19/2009 4:13:02 PM EDT
[#6]
It's too late - the Magpul rifle's already sold out :(

But seriously, Noveske, Larue, Knights, custom MSTN build. Any of those would hard to beat.
Link Posted: 2/19/2009 5:18:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Larue, Larue,& Larue.
Link Posted: 2/19/2009 5:20:15 PM EDT
[#8]
the one you build yourself.
Link Posted: 2/19/2009 6:04:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
LaRue, cause it's made to TexasSpec which we all know is lightyears ahead of milspec.

I want to call "sarcasm", but there's no tell tale smiley...

Did you see the sig line?

Actually I have no experience with LaRue's Stealth.  It's just that they're from Texas, so they have to be better than the rest.
Link Posted: 2/19/2009 6:23:52 PM EDT
[#10]
It's like asking which is the best golf club...

Define the mission then pick the best tool for that job...

imo
Link Posted: 2/19/2009 6:44:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Easy.

#1 MSTN custom build. (it will of course be built with KAC, LMT, Colt, and Knights stuff)
#2 COLT 6920
#3 LMT Defender (complete rifle)

Don't give me that fucking DD or Noveske shit either.

You really like knights arms co huh?

so good it needed to be said twice.  MWAH HA HA!  
this thread isn't as exciting as I thought it would be.

and to clarify for the other pole smoker.  Daniel Defense and Noveske have made AR's for about 10 minutes and now they're supposed to be all L33T?  Come on man.  A superb rail maker and a superb barrel maker without question.  Now all of a sudden they're the gold standard of Carbine builders?
Link Posted: 2/19/2009 6:51:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Vulcan

87GN - you are

Thanks, I needed that.

KAC/Noveske
LMT/Colt
LaRue
Sabre
Link Posted: 2/19/2009 7:09:10 PM EDT
[#13]
What do you think of the M&p line ?
Link Posted: 2/19/2009 7:09:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
OMG...not this shit again.  Is it Monday already?  Aren't Thursday's M4 feed ramp day?

+1
Link Posted: 2/19/2009 7:10:55 PM EDT
[#15]
What do you think of the M&p line?
Link Posted: 2/19/2009 7:25:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

its with the rra, stag, bushy group, good, after it proved itself, id trust it with my life, but its not the best by any means, doesnt compare in accuracy, and overall quality(fit finish)  I have a stag, id would not hesitate to use it for harsh use, shtf, ect, but LMT and the bunch are a little more accurate, tighter fit, parts are usually ensured, ect.
Link Posted: 2/19/2009 7:55:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why bother asking this rediculous question?

It's like walking into a bar and asking "whats the best beer?"

It's a valid question.  I'm sure he's fishing for a general idea of people's opinions.  If it wasn't for questions in this genre (best?/worst?) I wouldn't have known which manufacturers to specifically avoid when buying rifles, mags, ammo.

Oh bullshit.

It might be the kind of question you ask a specific person in order to get their opinion.

It is NOT the kind of question you post on a forum for 100 different people to answer.

Case in point, look at the replies. CMMG? Stag? RRA?  Are you fucking kidding?

Most of the people replying are justifying their own purchases.

Relax man.  It's perfectly legitmate to parse through a bunch of divergent opinions and seperate the bullshit from the buckwheat.  I do it all the time at work as a manager.  You are absolutely correct that many people are justifying their own purchases but there are also pretty good nuggets of info mixed in this thread in as well.  Sometimes you've got to put the feelers out there when you have no idea where to start.

Besides, you can contribute to his question, or you can just ignore the thread if you think it's a dumb question.  There is no reason to be condescending in a tech forum.

Link Posted: 2/20/2009 8:37:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

It is a very good gun and if you consider price it may be the best bang-for-buck (YMMV).  However this is a 'money is no object' discussion and it does not have the quality barrel steel of LMT/Colt/Boutique Brands and is not as nicely finished as the boutique models I've seen.
Link Posted: 2/20/2009 9:13:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
what the hell, I will play:

kac
noveske
sabre

Just got a sabre, i am surprised these are not mentioned more often.  They are freaking nice.

Thats because all the kool aid drinkers are too busy with their 6920's.

That being said KAC SR15 E3......best rifle i have seen, owned, operated.

Link Posted: 2/20/2009 10:08:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Custom...  its the only way to have EXACTLY what is best for YOUR application.

That said, if it HAD to be a factory unit in 16" and it HAD to be DI and I could not have custom anything Id probably go Noveske.  Lots of options even there and its all about what YOU want... you want a stinless precision barrel or a chrome lined?  That alone is a huge decision that can completely remove some people from contention.  LMT stainless barrels are not the quaility of Noveske for example.
Link Posted: 2/20/2009 10:48:33 AM EDT
[#21]
S&W M&P15A - Bought it used with a bunch of extras. My worries of not having M4 feed ramps (in the barrel extension) and a 1/9 twist in a 4140 steel barrel quickly subsided after burning 500 rounds of xm193 in a weekend outing without much problems (Damn Pmags).
I'll never go to war with it and if I did hop aboard the "liberty train" I probably wouldn't last long enough to use the 15 or so loaded magazines I have much less shoot out my sub milspec barrel. Not with 8 weeks of BCT 10 years ago, But I sure could get all your equipment there
PDQ. (88H/88M)

Nothing to see here. Just justifying my purchase. Move along people.
Link Posted: 2/20/2009 10:50:38 AM EDT
[#22]
NOVESKE
KAC
FN
LMT
COLt
Link Posted: 2/20/2009 11:04:06 AM EDT
[#23]
AR15 Performance
Noveske Rifle Works
Global-Tactical / DENNY'S CUSTOM
CMMG/STAG/RRA///
Link Posted: 2/20/2009 11:06:42 AM EDT
[#24]
the one i have when the SHTF
Link Posted: 8/26/2009 7:42:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
the one i have when the SHTF

Link Posted: 8/26/2009 8:17:20 PM EDT
[#26]

Holy 6 month old thread batman!!!

Link Posted: 8/26/2009 8:17:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Colt LE6921
Link Posted: 8/26/2009 8:35:29 PM EDT
[#28]
love them all, but LaRue rocks!
Link Posted: 8/26/2009 9:24:36 PM EDT
[#29]
I have Colt, LMT and Noveske amoungst others.

I really want a KAC though.....

Of the ones I have I like the Noveske the best.
Link Posted: 8/26/2009 9:28:42 PM EDT
[#30]
RA XCR. AR with all the shortcomings corrected. Kicks the crap out of everything mentioned so far.
Link Posted: 8/26/2009 9:50:11 PM EDT
[#31]
OMG, LaRue, Noveske, Colt, HK, Sabre, LMT, ect., ect.

You can go on and on, lets be a little more specific in our request please. Are you hunting, going to war, sniping, contracting, stormings your girlfriend's boyfriend's apartment, killing zombies, WTF?
Link Posted: 8/26/2009 10:45:13 PM EDT
[#32]
ROCK RIVER ARMS
Link Posted: 8/26/2009 11:03:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Meh... most any one will do.....

As long as its an SR15E3!
Link Posted: 8/27/2009 5:37:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why bother asking this rediculous question?

It's like walking into a bar and asking "whats the best beer?"

It's a valid question.  I'm sure he's fishing for a general idea of people's opinions.  If it wasn't for questions in this genre (best?/worst?) I wouldn't have known which manufacturers to specifically avoid when buying rifles, mags, ammo.

Also FYI:
The best local (to me) beer is Bavarian Bliss Hefewiezen.
The best regional beer is Oberon

What is this Oberon of which you speak?

Link Posted: 8/27/2009 5:49:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Noveske and LaRue, but I am opinionated. BTW, LaRue is made in the GREAT STATE OF TEXAS, where you can't swing a dead cat (and I often do) without hitting a gun-totin, conservative, homo-phobic, NRA lifer, veteran, red-neck, say-when SOB. My kind of peoples.
Link Posted: 8/27/2009 6:00:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Noveske and LaRue, but I am opinionated. BTW, LaRue is made in the GREAT STATE OF TEXAS, where you can't swing a dead cat (and I often do) without hitting a gun-totin, conservative, homo-phobic, NRA lifer, veteran, red-neck, say-when SOB. My kind of peoples.

Ditto on Larue. I am glad that Bravo Company is stocking a lot of their products so I can order them without paying the sales tax!
Link Posted: 8/27/2009 7:57:08 PM EDT
[#37]
DeWalt, cordless

Link Posted: 8/28/2009 12:22:06 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
RA XCR. AR with all the shortcomings corrected. Kicks the crap out of everything mentioned so far.

+1

Link Posted: 8/28/2009 2:50:30 AM EDT
[#39]
May I suggest the Vulcan brand 'machine gun'
Link Posted: 8/28/2009 2:58:30 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/28/2009 2:59:36 AM EDT
[#41]
These "best" threads are pointless.
Link Posted: 8/28/2009 3:13:32 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
LaRue, cause it's made to TexasSpec which we all know is lightyears ahead of milspec.

I want to call "sarcasm", but there's no tell tale smiley...

Did you see the sig line?

Actually I have no experience with LaRue's Stealth.  It's just that they're from Texas, so they have to be better than the rest.

Well, sure. Texas married down when it joined the Union.

Conan's Father:
"For no one - no one in this world can you trust. Not men, not women, not beasts. This, (Points to sword BCM): this you can trust. ..."

Link Posted: 8/28/2009 3:35:24 AM EDT
[#43]
mine, I'll sell it to you for one-hundred-million-dollars!
Link Posted: 8/31/2009 10:27:35 AM EDT
[#44]
I got a Noveske but best AR-15 Carbine for me would be

1.) Knight's Armament
2.) Noveske
3.) Larue
Link Posted: 8/31/2009 10:34:24 AM EDT
[#45]
Lwrc m6a3 or the kac

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/31/2009 10:41:59 AM EDT
[#46]
no one answer for this.  what do u want it for?  what ranges to decide bbl length.

many brands are tied for #1 since they are just as accurate and reliable as each other.  These include KAC, Noveske, LMT, sabre, and probably colt, bcm and some others.  then there are brands like stag and S&W who are cheaper but reliability is still the same as the others, just not as good materials or accuracy(depends on rifle in these brands).

Do u want an hbar 20" or a LW 14.5" with a perm attached FH or the infinite number of options in between?

for an all purpose rifle, id get a sabre 6.5Grendal 18" flutted barreled spr ish clone withe a 10x optic and a doc optic at a 45degree angle, not the lightest, but u have a sick accurate rifle that is good for 0-1k yds.

its not extremely heavy but accurate enough to get the job done at those ranges and probably more depending on where u live.

i live in ohio and will never get a shot at anything over 500 yds so a midlength 16" 5.56 with a 1-4x optic would fit my needs... many variables u have to consider
Link Posted: 8/31/2009 11:51:32 AM EDT
[#47]
Bushmaster
Link Posted: 8/31/2009 12:23:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Conan's Father:
"For no one - no one in this world can you trust. Not men, not women, not beasts. This, (Points to sword BCM): this you can trust. ..."

That wasn't Conan's father. Conan was a slave and was eventually free'd.

Oh and DPMS!
Link Posted: 8/31/2009 12:41:21 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

If someone wanted the best AR-15 money can buy, what do you think it would be?

To keep it simple, let's stick to the basic gun packages as made by the manufacturer.

Criteria:

- .223/5.56

- 16" barrell

- carbine

Looking forward to the opinions.

Mark

Maybe a better way to phrase it would have been; what is the most expensive AR-15 (5.56/.223 ) carbine made, for sale to the general public.
Link Posted: 8/31/2009 12:48:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

its with the rra, stag, bushy group, good, after it proved itself, id trust it with my life, but its not the best by any means, doesnt compare in accuracy, and overall quality(fit finish)  I have a stag, id would not hesitate to use it for harsh use, shtf, ect, but LMT and the bunch are a little more accurate, tighter fit, parts are usually ensured, ect.

What do you mean by "usually ensured"? Do you mean insured? If so, what does the insurance cover?

Page / 3
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top