Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2006 6:37:09 PM EDT
If I got a used complete upper off of EE, would that have to go through an FFL guy?

EDIT: Also, is it common for gun stores to have stripped lower recievers, or would I be better off going on the internet and getting one? I think I want one made by Stag Arms.

Thanks

hug.gif
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:39:06 PM EDT
[#1]
No.  Only the lower receiver does.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:40:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks a lot! Got an answer to my edit?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:44:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Most gun shops won't have lower receivers in stock unless they specialize in AR-15s/evil rifles.  Best bet is to buy one in the EE from a dealer.  Personally, I would get a Rock River Arms or a Bushmaster lower, simply because I don't like Stag's deer head logo.  DPMS  and many others are also good.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:49:27 PM EDT
[#4]
if they have them its sometimes easier/faster although Ive bought mine online. THe dealers on here are very quick but you still have to pay a transfer fee and wait a few days to get it. I would order if its not a good quality lower or really high priced.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:38:49 PM EDT
[#5]
goto the RRA website and search for prefered dealers in your state.  they might have a stripped lower in stock or certainly order one for you.  also you might find a stripped lower at a Fun show.  I have seen stripped lowers goin for $99.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:32:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
No.  Only the lower receiver does.

+1

answ to edit: some higher end gun stores might have em, but they might also have CRAP or ones that cost too much, so watch out ( ex: closest outta town store stocks Vulcan recievers, for $129)

it'd be better getting one off the Net and having it shipped to your local FFL--there is available stock and wider selection and prices
check out the Indstry/EE forum for lots of good deals and qulaity stuff
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:09:52 PM EDT
[#7]
I've been to shows down here in TX the last few weeks and they always seem to be a good place to find components for a build. As with buying anywhere do your homework on pricing before you go as it can be all over the place. Not sure how the shows in OH compare but the ones down here seem pretty strong.-22
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top