Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2006 10:51:58 PM EDT
OK...same AR as the one with the problem with the trigger and hammer pins...

On this AR I can switch the gun to SAFE with the hammer down. I also cannot cycle the action with the gun on SAFE. I can only cycle the action with the gun on FIRE.

Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 3:25:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like an out of spec selector switch,do you have a spare to swap out.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:14:31 AM EDT
[#2]
By hammer down to you mean down as though the weapon is cocked? If so, that sounds right.

If by cycle the action you mean the trigger group but not the entire bolt then that sounds right as well.

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:30:19 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
By hammer down to you mean down as though the weapon is cocked? If so, that sounds right.

If by cycle the action you mean the trigger group but not the entire bolt then that sounds right as well.

By hammer down I mean with the weapon uncocked, as in I squeezed the trigger and dropped the hammer.

By cycle the action I mean pull the bolt group back to cock the weapon and move the bolt forward into the closed position.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:30:54 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Sounds like an out of spec selector switch,do you have a spare to swap out.

No, I'll have to pick one up.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:20:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Until then, take the selector lever out and try it. It should still function. The only purpose for the selector lever is to keep the trigger from going up in the read (on an AR, that is.)

Obvious to do this, but double check the installation of the FCG and springs.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top