Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2006 4:34:57 PM EDT
I have wondered this for a bit and wonder if anyone has the answer are hbar's naturaly more accurete then m4 profile barrel's on a CAR15, looking into geting an upper and want what is more accurate hbar or m4 profile on an 16 inch barrel.

Thanks

-Russel
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:42:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Please tell us what kind of shooting you plan on doing, that you need a high degree of accuracy for.

The answer to your question is long and convoluted.  Not clear cut at all.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:54:35 PM EDT
[#2]
varmint/ some target shooting mostly something that atlest shoots 1 moa or less

-Russel
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:26:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Bump
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:22:28 PM EDT
[#4]
if you want something that shoots 1moa or less (at 100yrds) w/ the right ammo i would look at a varmint or SPR type bbl.....

imo, there is little if any accuracy difference b/w a C-L HBAR or govt profile....the HBAR might be a little more accurate but only b/c of the extra mass helps w/ the vibrations, but i dont think it makes any difference

if you want the most accuracy (besides a dedicated varmit/spr/target bbl), try a non-C-L HBAR and ammo that runs well in it

all i am saying is, you can get 1MOA w/ a govt or HBAR, but dont expect too much...
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:53:54 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd get a Noveske barrel, one of Dennysguns recons or anything Wes Grant wanted to sell me.  I'm pretty particular.  All of these barrels are a compromise between the M4 and the HBAR, often providing most of the stiffness of the HBAR while weighing no more than an M4.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:06:23 AM EDT
[#6]
HBARs are pretty much just unfinished barrels

Heavy barrels are used in precision shooting, but these are fine tuned works of art built with a meticulous eye on precise detail and rigorous QC measures

I do not think I would consider the HBAR M16/AR15  barrel for precision work. More accurate than a pencil barrel?

Probably after heavy use - yes
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:52:56 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a HBAR 14.7 1/9 Bushy

And a LMT 14.5 M4 1/7

Both are Very accurate barrels

But the M4 LMT is my pick  because its alot lighter than HBAR and is just as accurate as the HBAR
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 12:29:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Novedke barrel
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 1:32:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Try ADCO Firearms.

www.adcofirearms.com/
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top