Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2006 9:00:09 AM EDT
Alright I decided to draw the M4 xray picture for my art class, in highschool, so I thought I'd share it with the AR community.

Heres the progress so far, its two times the size of the orginal picture.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e116/Camach/dc83b317.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e116/Camach/8de5e91c.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e116/Camach/m4xray.jpg
Added for comparison thanks to Redfisher

Well update when I get farther.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:03:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks nice man
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:10:03 AM EDT
[#2]
nevermind
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:11:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Looks great!

Just be careful.  When you show them  a drawing of an X-rayed machine gun, they're going to want to have a parent-teacher conference...
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:19:04 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Looks great!

Just be careful.  When you show them  a drawing of an X-rayed machine gun, they're going to want to have a parent-teacher conference...

Nah my dad and the art teacher are almost best friends and he already said it would be fine for me to draw the picture... but if the administators say something about it then I will say something about this one poster some freshmen drew with a man holding a hand gun.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:14:02 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Looks great!

That is just an AR, not an M16 (find the auto sear... )
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:20:53 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Looks great!

Nah my dad and the art teacher are almost best friends and he already said it would be fine for me to draw the picture... but if the administators say something about it then I will say something about this one poster some freshmen drew with a man holding a hand gun.

Instead of pointing the finger at what another student did, just stick to your guns and make them prove that what you did is wrong. And here's a hint......there is nothing wrong with drawing a picture of an AR-15.

All you have to do is stand firm and they will back down.......but I would refrain from pointing out what another student did.

Just my $0.02.

Oh, yeah.......nice picture too! I remember doing that technique in my art class in S too.

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:41:20 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Looks great!

and suspended or expelled if ur in sf.  
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 11:19:57 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Looks great!

Instead of pointing the finger at what another student did, just stick to your guns and make them prove that what you did is wrong. And here's a hint......there is nothing wrong with drawing a picture of an AR-15.

All you have to do is stand firm and they will back down.......but I would refrain from pointing out what another student did.

Just my $0.02.

Oh, yeah.......nice picture too! I remember doing that technique in my art class in S too.

Ding Ding Ding Ding......Thats right.

Im in Highschool also and I wear gun shirts draw all kinds of stuff, they say nothing to me because they know Im doing nothing wrong and they cant "get" me for anything. I had an Art teacher take away a Wilson Combat catalog from me one day in class though, didnt hurt me none I hade like 5 of them. Principal called and left a message, I told my mom what went on she said dont worry about it. Most people know Im in my right mind and just expressing my freedom, heck a few teachers have told me "Hey Ive got a Sig" or " I've got a Glock". As Long as there is nothing that sates against it in your policies and procedures you are doing nothing wrong. Some people have confronted me about my passion and hobbies and I have told them that I am just expressing my freedom. Some have made negetive comments but I just brush it off and go on.

Oh and nice job so far on the drawing, keep it up.

Carter.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 11:26:10 AM EDT
[#9]
All good.

I used to read gun rags all the time in highschool.  

I wear my Bravo Co. USA shirt all the time to college classes.  I've also rushed into class still wearing a holster that I didn't have time to take off before class.  We've had the tendancy to go shooting in between exams and classes.  I'm actually going to the range right now...have fun at work/home/where ever guys.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 11:36:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Right now I'm wearing that AR15 "Everyone has a plan until the first 5.56 round whizzes past" Tshirt in my college computer lab.  No one says anything, just a couple of glances.  

BTW, where can I get that black arfcom Tshit, where it has the Contiutiuon, an AR on top of it, and the 2nd Amendment?  "The right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed...."
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 11:42:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Good luck, I like the idea and want to see how it turns out.

Just think if you had a CAD file of an AR15 you could be done in a few minutes.

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 11:46:20 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
That is just an AR, not an M16 (find the auto sear... )

They are the NEA, facts mean nothing.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 11:51:51 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

www.hunt101.com/img/387852.jpg

Nice...
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 11:52:13 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

www.hunt101.com/img/387852.jpg

Nice work - is that Inventor?

Take care,
Clint
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 12:00:26 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Nice work - is that Inventor?

Take care,
Clint

Rhino 3D
Way too easy to use for 3D modeling.
ETA - That’s just a screen capture in Ghosted display mode.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:00:41 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Looks great!

Just my $0.02.

hr

Ok yes that does sound better, will do that if I get any rap for it.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:52:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:20:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:20:56 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Here it is for comparison

img.photobucket.com/albums/v400/redfisher19/m16a3xray.jpg

And click here for the Full-Auto Animation

Now thats cool.

Nathan

+106
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 3:07:52 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

That's the coolest thing I've seen in a while.  I think it's an M16 firing in semi-auto mode.  You can see the trigger move for each shot, whereas the hammer stays put when the auto sear trips.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:05:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Updated for tonight
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:18:01 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now thats cool.

Nathan

+106

+87
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:10:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Art class..? We need engineers and fighting men not finger painters! ;) Nice lookin' drawing. Cheers.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:35:56 PM EDT
[#24]
OUTSTANDING!!!! Great work. Keep it up, and update your progress - I would love to see it. We need more young kids out there showing that they are interested in guns - and more parents teaching their kids what they are about and standing up for our rights.

This thread comes on the heals of me getting a call from my 8th grade son's school. We went to the range last weekend and I took some pics of him with three holstered handguns, One slung AK across his chest and an AR in each arm........he took it to school to show his friends and the next thing I know I'm getting calls. It was a damn PICTURE!!!!! But they called because he had a F***ing PICTURE of him with "assault weapons"!?!?!?!? Damn boneheads.

Seriously, keep us posted. I'd like to see the progress! And a thumbs up to your parents.

Tint

Edited for spellin'
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:01:54 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
OUTSTANDING!!!! Great work. Keep it up, and update your progress - I would love to see it. We need more young kids out there showing that they are interested in guns - and more parents teaching their kids what they are about and standing up for our rights.

This thread comes on the heals of me getting a call from my 8th grade son's school. We went to the range last weekend and I took some pics of him with three holstered handguns, One slung AK across his chest and an AR in each arm........he took it to school to show his friends and the next thing I know I'm getting calls. It was a damn PICTURE!!!!! But they called because he had a F***ing PICTURE of him with "assault weapons"!?!?!?!? Damn boneheads.

Seriously, keep us posted. I'd like to see the progress! And a thumbs up to your parents.

Tint

Edited for spellin'

That'd be a pretty funny picture to see, probably looked like Rambo.  I got a call once because my son took a skateboarding wrench to school and they thought that it looked like a gun.    
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:30:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:52:25 AM EDT
[#27]
Looking pretty good!
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:02:01 AM EDT
[#28]
Hey redifisher, do you have a fullsize version? I'd love to have that as my desktop image.

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:50:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Updated again

I just need to finish the spring in the mag and erase the checker board lines then I believe it will be ready to color.
I know its kinda hard to see but there wasn't much light on it. Some reason it looks better under natural light than under light bulbs.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e116/Camach/8de5e91c.jpg
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:42:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Looks good from what I can see of it. We need more/better photos.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:49:14 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Looks good from what I can see of it. We need more/better photos.

+1
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top