Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2006 12:24:37 AM EDT
Ok, quick rundown of how this started. On monday I called Armalite and ordered one of thier 1pc 1in scope mounts, told them I needed it by Friday, no biggie. Fast forward to Thursday, UPS man rolls up with my box, I tear into it, and low and behold there is not a scope mount, but what appears to be a BUIS of some variety, also, the invoice reflected that they shipped the scope mount, so I call Armalite to attempt to remedy this situation. The customer rep informed me that she would send out the correct part, but my credit card would have to be hit again, and I could not be compinsated for the original 2-day air shipping charges, on top of which, I would be charged to have the correct part overnighted to me. Well, a local dealer has a handfull of generic mounts in stock, so I told her to just re-credit my card, and I would send her the wrong part back.
About an hour later, I composed a e-mail to thier customer service department, I expressed my discontent with the situation and did not feel that I should have to eat the shipping charges just so I could get the correct part that I originally ordered in the first place. I kept my cool in the letter and didnt resort to any trash talking, sent the letter, and went on to work. About an hour after that, I get a call on my cell phone from one of thier reps, she told me that she had spoken to one of her superiors and  that I would not be charged for any of the shipping charges, on top of that,  they would be sending me the correct scope mount completely free of charge, and would overnight it to me so I could have it by today. She then told me that a "call out" would be made and a UPS man would be by to pick up the incorrect package at thier expense.
I have never delt with Armalite first hand, and I was a little leary after hearing a few bad stories regarding thier customer service, however, I feel they handled this situation very well, thier was nothing but good intentions on thier part as they did everything possiable to make a bad situation good. 2 thumbs way up. They will have my business again.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 12:45:30 AM EDT
[#1]
That's a terrific outcome.  Just the way it should be handled too.  I've not had any goof-ups like that in my orders from them, but I do find it inconvienent (sp?) to have to go through a dedicated 'your state's representative'.  Here in Oregon it seemed I was always getting the rep's voice mail.  Granted this was a couple years ago -- the situation has changed.

So what I would do is order from their website instead.  That's not even a possiblility any longer as their online ordering has been down for quite some time now.  Great products, but their dedication to a web presence is poor.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 2:54:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like you had a rep on the phone who was having a bad day,i cant believe they told you would have to pay shipping again. At least they took care of it for you.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:53:28 AM EDT
[#3]
I got burned years ago by the ameteurs that work for them.  Haven't bought anything direct from them since.  It's just too competative to provide bad service and I have a long memory.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:57:18 AM EDT
[#4]
awesome story
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:54:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Can't tell you with absolute certainty that 'going off' on them would have changed the outcome one bit.

But it sure didn't hurt...

Human beings (merchants & manufacturers) mess up ..now and agin'

Going ape shit on them...might make you feel better...but it sure won't them...and if only they
can make it right?...well there you go..

The measure of person is not that they never screw up...it's whether or not they will hold themselves
accountable for their mistakes and make it right by those they wronged..

Good on Armalite!

-imo
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:17:11 AM EDT
[#6]
A few months ago I had a VERY POSITIVE experience with Armalite!

They went way beyond what they needed to do for me!

Thank you, Armalite!!

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:09:47 AM EDT
[#7]
The thing companies should remember, is that handling a situation like was ultimately done above, will MAKE them far more money than they'll spend on shipping,"doing the right thing."

And NOT "doing the right thing" will cost them FAR more money than they'll save on shipping.

Or as someone once said "Penny wise and Pound foolish.."

Lonny
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:06:07 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

So what I would do is order from their website instead.  That's not even a possiblility any longer as their online ordering has been down for quite some time now.  Great products, but their dedication to a web presence is poor.

What is the deal with that? Why in the world would you have a website and NOT offer online purchases? I did find that to be quite odd.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:53:56 AM EDT
[#9]
When dealing with Armalite sales reps always ask for a supervisor.  

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top