Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/15/2006 4:17:25 AM EDT
Ok. I just picked up an Armalite 20" HBAR flatty.... Man what a machine! It has the full stock and I am going to make this thing into a scoped weapon for accuaracy shooting that can double as a battle rifle. I really don't like the full stock and would rather have the tele-stock. Now they aren't as tight and stable as the full stock. How much, if at all, will this effect accuracy. can a shooter compensate for the more flemsy stock? All info and advice is much appreciated.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 4:22:33 AM EDT
check out the Magpul PRS. i have one and love it. on my varminter
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 4:32:52 AM EDT
wouldnt say the stock directly effects accuracy but if you arent comfortable with the stock that could effect accuracy.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:17:27 AM EDT
95% of a rifle's inaccuracy is inherent in the shooter. I don't think you need to worry about any accuracy degradation from a tele-stock.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:56:09 AM EDT

Originally Posted By SWO_daddy:
95% of a rifle's inaccuracy is inherent in the shooter. I don't think you need to worry about any accuracy degradation from a tele-stock.

+1 for a good common sense answer

I would put it a little bit higher than 95% though...
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:06:47 AM EDT
The normal telestocks are very uncomfortable for the average shooter, myself included. Also most of the time the fit sucks and they wobble a bit so if you normally shoot hunting rifles as well and are used to tight stock placement it will be hard to control. I have found that the Magpul M93B is a really nice, sturdy telestock with lots of potential if you dont want anything heavy or bulky. The PRS is a nice stock as well but is heavier and harder to maneuver. Such as if you are hiking and see a coyote it won't be as easy to swing your rifle around from a 2-hand carry position. Maybe others are more natural with the heavy buttstock but I am more used to balanced rifles.
Top Top