Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/15/2006 4:17:25 AM EDT
Ok. I just picked up an Armalite 20" HBAR flatty.... Man what a machine! It has the full stock and I am going to make this thing into a scoped weapon for accuaracy shooting that can double as a battle rifle. I really don't like the full stock and would rather have the tele-stock. Now they aren't as tight and stable as the full stock. How much, if at all, will this effect accuracy. can a shooter compensate for the more flemsy stock? All info and advice is much appreciated.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 4:22:33 AM EDT
[#1]
check out the Magpul PRS. i have one and love it. on my varminter
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 4:32:52 AM EDT
[#2]
wouldnt say the stock directly effects accuracy but if you arent comfortable with the stock that could effect accuracy.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:17:27 AM EDT
[#3]
95% of a rifle's inaccuracy is inherent in the shooter.  I don't think you need to worry about any accuracy degradation from a tele-stock.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:56:09 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
95% of a rifle's inaccuracy is inherent in the shooter.  I don't think you need to worry about any accuracy degradation from a tele-stock.

+1 for a good common sense answer

I would put it a little bit higher than 95% though...
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:06:47 AM EDT
[#5]
The normal telestocks are very uncomfortable for the average shooter, myself included.  Also most of the time the fit sucks and they wobble a bit so if you normally shoot hunting rifles as well and are used to tight stock placement it will be hard to control.  I have found that the Magpul M93B is a really nice, sturdy telestock with lots of potential if you dont want anything heavy or bulky.  The PRS is a nice stock as well but is heavier and harder to maneuver.  Such as if you are hiking and see a coyote it won't be as easy to swing your rifle around from a 2-hand carry position.  Maybe others are more natural with the heavy buttstock but I am more used to balanced rifles.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top