User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:12:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I have not recieved mine yet either.  I'm hoping it will show up tomorrow.  FWIW, I'm in KY.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:18:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Man I am dying to go to the range with it! I thought it was going to come Saturday and than today.. now I hope it comes tommorow the weather is beautfiul down here.

BTW Tim just emailed me and said only 3 people have received theirs so I guess we are in good shape in terms of the item being delivered.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:49:19 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Damn!!!

Well I really didn't want to feed my BRD anyway.  Anyone know a good 12 step program for BRD?

3 carbines, 3 20" rifles, 3 SBRs, and 3 M16s

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:20:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I recieved mine today & with I could say I was as happy as others. My rebuild was finished black instead or grey & it has a damaged front barrel handguard cap(dented) Reciever has a gouge under the finish.

All in all, It still was a great deal but as things usually work with me, I usually pull the short straw.

I will post pictures when I can tommorow.

Reciever is early counterbored front lug, barrel marked on underside of front CMP B & C on FSB

Barrel assembly was packaged securely.

EDIT: Tim said if I wasn't happy that he would refund my money. Talk about service! I realise these are surplus. Scratch & dents are to be expected. Still, one of my best deals ever off the internet & a Big +1 is in order!
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:14:38 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I recieved mine today & with I could say I was as happy as others. My rebuild was finished black instead or grey & it has a damaged front barrel handguard cap(dented) Reciever has a gouge under the finish.

All in all, It still was a great deal but as things usually work with me, I usually pull the short straw.

I will post pictures when I can tommorow.

Reciever is early counterbored front lug, barrel marked on underside of front CMP B & C on FSB

Barrel assembly was packaged securely.

EDIT: Tim said if I wasn't happy that he would refund my money. Talk about service! I realise these are surplus. Scratch & dents are to be expected. Still, one of my best deals ever off the internet & a Big +1 is in order!

I got mine yesterday also. While it still is a super deal, my two are a long way from new. One of them I think will be very, very, good after cleaning.  The other one shows a lot of wear on the finish of the upper and the handguards are very rough.

They both appear to have new barrels and are both marked chrome bore.

All in all, they are well worth what I paid for them and I couldn't have asked for any better communication from a seller.

Thumbs up to Tim for making this possible.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:26:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Still waiting on mine... maybe today.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:40:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Nine of the fourteen shipped have been delivered as of 2:40pm today. Be patient they are coming soon.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:34:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Just got mine in KY. Receiver code C K and barrel code C MP B. Receiver not refinished(VG+), small parts new black park, new barrel, some slight wear on BC. Looking good as she cleans up. BIG 1+ for Tim, a great complete upper at an excellent price.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 12:52:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Got mine today 21 Marhed,No receiver codes and front pivot pin lug is counterbored. Barrel is marked C MP B on underside. Bolt group, flat firing pin, no codes on carrier and MP marked bolt. Tim is A+++++++ I hope he finds some more of these uppers!
IGM= I GOT MINE
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 1:19:53 PM EDT
[#10]
so... how do they shoot?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:29:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Shot like anyother A1. Spent 45 + min. cleaning. Then slapped her on a Sendra lower for a little work out on the farm. This Sat. I'll lock the sights inChalmers
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:22:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Got mine today. CK upper. C MP CHROME BORE on the barrel. All Colt, through and through. Looked a little ratty when I opened it but I put it in the reciever block and stripped it completely. I mean everything. Two "tabs" broken off bottom of right handguard, not even noticable really.

It cleaned up NICE. Not a scratch or ding anywhere.  Me happy. Thanks Tim!  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:51:57 PM EDT
[#13]
are they all sold? i want one BAD, i spoke up in the original thread but then i had to leave the country for 2 weeks for work. did i miss out?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:51:29 AM EDT
[#14]
bump... seeing who hasnt received theirs yet. I think I am one of the few who hasnt.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 10:50:16 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm still waiting for mine.  The mailman has not shown up yet today, so maybe i'll get it.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 10:56:46 AM EDT
[#16]
There are still three that haven't been delivered. Hopefully today is the day.

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 11:45:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Mailman already came by my place =[.. I guess tommorow is the day.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 2:23:47 PM EDT
[#18]
No upper for me today either.  Hopefully tomorrow.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:48:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Mine came today!  Looks awesome.  No forge code, counter-bored front lug, barrel marked C MP CHROME BORE.

Thanks Tim!
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 12:25:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Got mine as well! looks great and I cant wait to shoot it!

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 12:29:28 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Mine came today!  Looks awesome.  No forge code, counter-bored front lug, barrel marked C MP CHROME BORE.

Thanks Tim!

Ok, you learn somthing every day - What is a counter-bored front lug?

Thanks,

Badredfish
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:38:17 PM EDT
[#22]
counter-bored front lug is on pg 2, an there is a pic of it.
ATBhug.gif
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:43:18 PM EDT
[#23]
I took some pics.  Mine appears to have the original finish.  It's a really nice early colt gray.  THere are some handling marks, but overall very nice.  Some of the other pieces for my retro build are in the photo too.
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b114/mentalstampede/Guns/IMG_2637e-01.jpg
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b114/mentalstampede/Guns/IMG_2630e-01.jpg

And here is a counter-bored front lug:
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b114/mentalstampede/Guns/IMG_2641e-01.jpg

Now I just need to find an A1 style lower!

Thanks again, Tim.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top