Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/14/2006 5:20:46 PM EDT
Greetings,

I was wanting to know if anyone has had any trouble getting guns shipped from DPMS.

Here is the story,

Bought a AR-15 Lower back in december from my local buddy dealer.  Didn't have any problems there.

Went to my local dealer on January 10th and we ordered a complete upper right then.
Granted i had some custom done to it.   Had a bull barrel, had the cyrogenic treatment done to the barrel,  and had a four rail hand guard installed.

The salesman on the phone said 4-5 weeks for delivery( which i understood and agreed with).  Paid my dealer right then, and my dealer paid with a credit card right then to DPMS.

So we have a complete upper on order and paid for on Jan 10th.

I am posting this Thread on March 14 and i STILL HAVE NO UPPER.

Dealer called DPMS at 5 Weeks, was told 1-2 weeks extra

Called the friday of the 7th week, and again 1-2 weeks.

Waited another 2 weeks, and then called on monday.
I personally called on Monday (march 13).  They couldnt help me cause i wasnt the dealer and didnt know the dealer Info correctly.
Had the Owner of the Local Shop Call and Chew ass and Take names.
So now it supposed to ship on Monday 13th or Tues 14th.

Has anyone else had this much trouble?????? Maybe its just a one time deal...... hey it did happen, and it sucks.

Sorry to vent.....But as Paul Harvy Says,  and Thats the rest of the Story!
Good Day

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:08:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to the site!

sorry i cant say i have as i only order from non-AR brand dealers....

i'd cancel the order and try looking elsewhere

good luck
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:35:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Did your order need to get shipped out to a subcontractor for the cryo works?

A couple of years ago I had to wait 3-4 months for Springfield Armory to do some custom work I requested on my rifle after it had a Douglas match bbl installed and that is because SA in turn, had to send the gun out to Nelson's in GA to get the bedding part done. Then Nelson's had to ship it back to SA , who in turn had to ship it back to my dealer.

I dedcided to wait and let them do it right and now that rifle is my prized "gem"
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:54:34 PM EDT
[#3]
They do the Cryogenic Accurizing  Out of house.   It ships to Diversified Cryogenics
So its possible That they were backed up, but they did claim it would only be 4-5 weeks...
We are now working on our 10th week. Hope the thing shoots good!~!~!~!~!
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:56:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I had my FFL order a DPMS AP4 rifle last year with chrome line barrel. It took so long to get shipped to my FFL that I almost canceled the order. They said it would be 5 weeks and it turned out to be 8 or 9 weeks. The hold up was the chrome line barrel, because DPMS was out of them.

I am very happy with the rifle and glad I did not cancel the order.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:54:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I can honestly say that I have never had a problem with them, but know friends that have had some minor delivery issues.  I love, love, love DPMS, but 10 weeks, on a 5 week promise would be a little hard for me to swallow too.  

That being said, I also know what kind of product that I'm going to get and the difference with DPMS is that if they make a mistake or mispeak a delivery date, it's probably not their fault, or they're ensuring that I get what I want.  So, with them, I would definitely give them the benefit of the doubt.  After you get it, call them and ask what the problem was.  Just if nothing else out of general curiosity.

Good luck!

SPC Richard A. White, Senior Medic
249th MP Detachment (EACF)
Camp Humphreys, ROK
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:52:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Custom uppers take custom times. When you have a product that is not done 100% in house and someone drops the ball "out of the house"that is when problems happen. Like you said they send out the barrel for cryo. So if it take 2-3 weeks at cryo because they do it in a batch or something then that is were the wait comes in.
No matter what I order that is custom it always takes longer than expected. As far as DPMS, I am very happy with the parts I order from them. And if you have a problem all it takes is a phone call.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 11:34:02 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I had my FFL order a DPMS AP4 rifle last year with chrome line barrel. It took so long to get shipped to my FFL that I almost canceled the order. They said it would be 5 weeks and it turned out to be 8 or 9 weeks. The hold up was the chrome line barrel, because DPMS was out of them.

I am very happy with the rifle and glad I did not cancel the order.

That is EXACTLY what happened with my order.

I ordered a AP4 w/ a chrome lined barrel and it took 10 weeks.

I ordered it from my FFL in late Dec. and didn't get it till late Feb.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:07:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Well The Upper Finally Showed up, They were supposed to ship it monday or Tuesday
Called Wednesday, Still Hasnt Left the Company!   They did promise they would ship it right then and it would be to me the next day........And it was.....

It looks Great.  Just cant wait to break it in and Start Shooting!
I would post a pic of it, but im new and dont understand what to dO!
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:59:24 AM EDT
[#9]
I feel your pain ordered a bull 20 off them the dealer I ordered through told me they had one in stock ao they said it would be 3-5 days.  Well while we were talking about a couple of bereta 10mm pistols he got a call...  It was the dpms sale ref... he said they made a mistake and that they didn't have that type in stock and would have to build it then he said that it would three weeks at the earliest and possibly 5 weeks... han
Only bright side is now I can order the scope I wanted and have it when my rifle gets herehinking.gif

If you can call that a bright side.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:09:48 AM EDT
[#10]
If you wanted a DPMS item and didn't bother to contact CMMG here at AR15.com for the DPMS product you were looking for then you deserve to wait months for product delivery, 'cus ya weren't none to bight.

CMMG handles DPMS barrels.

Mike
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:05:42 PM EDT
[#11]
What and Who is CMMG?  Is that A secret Code?
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:15:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:42:46 PM EDT
[#13]
I dunno.  I don't really care for DPMS products through a 3rd party dealer.  I ordered a carrier/bolt assy through a 3rd party group and it was horrible machine work.  The inside of the carrier was gouged quite often as opposed to the smooth inside of my Bushmaster, and the part which actually holds the bolt, had lines running the length of that area which were VERY noticeable.  When I contacted DPMS they refused to even discuss warantee.  So I went to the dealer and they said whenever they got DPMS carrier/bolt assys. that's what they all looked like.  They even took a photo and e-mailed it to me.  After that experience i'm staying well away from DPMS.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:05:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Ordered a M4 custom Upper from DEl-Ton on March 11 and was told it would be at least 2 weeks before they could ship, waiting on 16" DPMS chrome lined barrels to come in. Also said there is a wait for the YHM flip up front sights.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:11:10 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
If you wanted a DPMS item and didn't bother to contact CMMG here at AR15.com for the DPMS product you were looking for then you deserve to wait months for product delivery, 'cus ya weren't none to bight.

CMMG handles DPMS barrels.

Mike

well from what i have seen on CMMG's website, they dont offer Cryogenic Treatment to DPMS barrels.  Which is why i went with DPMS.  But hey if you can call them and get that whats the difference, your just dealing with a middle man over the phone and out of state, not someone local and supporting local bussiness.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:09:33 PM EDT
[#16]
i waited about 3mos for my lr308 a few years ago.  better to wait and get what you want.  +1 on supporting local shops.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top