Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2006 11:20:30 AM EDT
Sorry if this isn't an appropriate place for this topic.  I'm going to be posting my AR in the for sale section but wanted to get an idea what to ask for it.  It's a Rock River CAR A2 with crome-molly barrel.  6 Pos tac stock, standard trigger, 2 30rnd mags.  Less than 200 rnds fired.

Here's a couple pics.

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 11:52:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I am sorry to say that a rifle like your rifle doesn't sell for all that much.  Being a generous guy I will give your $150.00 and cover the shipping.  I am really kinda overpaying you but I just want to be a nice guy and help you out.  

Seriously, on RRA's web site (www.rockriverarms.com/item-detail.cfm?ID=AR1293X&storeid=1&image=06cara24.gif&CFID=10741988&CFTOKEN=23245239) they list the MSRP at $885.00.

I would look around at gun stores for what they are selling for in Ohio.  I am sure you realize that you will have to take a little less than what a new firearm sells for.

I hope this helps.

Let me know if you are interested in my offer.

CSP
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 12:01:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Hmmm....I'm really looking to get closer to $200 for it.......hehe

Thanks man, I appreciate your input.  Let me ask you this, based on the retail value, -200 rounds down, what would you ask for it?
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 12:21:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Well MSRP is not normally accurate in my area.  If I were in your place I would start at asking about $50.00 less than what new ones are selling for in your area and then work from there.  Keep in mind that 200 rounds isn't all that many rounds.

Have to ask - Why get rid of it?  Looks like a great rifle.

Good luck on this.

CSP  
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 12:34:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Just start at $775 or $800 and work down until you get a satisfying offer.  We don't know what you paid.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 12:44:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Don't forget to add the cost of the collapsable stock and chrome-lined barrel options, they are extra...So long as the gun is in good condition, which it appears to be, I'd say your likely to get 70% of retail if selling it directly to a consumer.  Retail price on that RRA configuration is about $940 so I think you might sell it for $650-675.  If I were purchasing it for resale, I'd probably offer you $600 trade-in / $550 cash.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 12:45:09 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Have to ask - Why get rid of it?  Looks like a great rifle.

Good luck on this.

CSP  

Unfortunately a situation has come up where I could really use the extra cash.  Otherwise I would keep it for sure.  Thanks for your help.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top