Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/11/2006 5:24:29 AM EDT
Anyone own one?

Does their 10 round magazine fit in a AR?

What are the dimensions? Particularly from base to feed lips.

I'm looking for a short magazine for slowfire/single shot, NRA highpower and am wondering if the Kel-Tec magazine would work. As in fit a AR lower. I don't really care if it'll feed rounds, but it has to at least hold 5 rounds, for show anyway.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 5:29:00 AM EDT
[#1]
They should fit fine.  Why not get a single shot follower and just put it in a 20 round GI mag and be done?  If you are shooting Service Rifle class it is like NASCAR, your gun and mags must look just like a GI service rifle.  If the SU-16 mag is not the same dimension as a 20 round GI you can be disqualified from a match.

If I was at a match and someone had a non-spec mag and was an asshole I would call a judge on the guy in a second.  Keep that in mind.

If you are shooting in a match rifle class it probably wont matter but I dont know those rules.

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 5:43:23 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
They should fit fine.  Why not get a single shot follower and just put it in a 20 round GI mag and be done?  If you are shooting Service Rifle class it is like NASCAR, your gun and mags must look just like a GI service rifle.  If the SU-16 mag is not the same dimension as a 20 round GI you can be disqualified from a match.

If I was at a match and someone had a non-spec mag and was an asshole I would call a judge on the guy in a second.  Keep that in mind.

If you are shooting in a match rifle class it probably wont matter but I dont know those rules.

I shoot a match rifle, can't use 20 round mags. Single shot follower may not be allowed any more either. Stupid rulling says sleds, as it stands now, are banned too. I need a 5 round magazine, 3 inches in length...
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top