Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/11/2006 5:24:29 AM EDT
Anyone own one?

Does their 10 round magazine fit in a AR?

What are the dimensions? Particularly from base to feed lips.

I'm looking for a short magazine for slowfire/single shot, NRA highpower and am wondering if the Kel-Tec magazine would work. As in fit a AR lower. I don't really care if it'll feed rounds, but it has to at least hold 5 rounds, for show anyway.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 5:29:00 AM EDT
They should fit fine. Why not get a single shot follower and just put it in a 20 round GI mag and be done? If you are shooting Service Rifle class it is like NASCAR, your gun and mags must look just like a GI service rifle. If the SU-16 mag is not the same dimension as a 20 round GI you can be disqualified from a match.

If I was at a match and someone had a non-spec mag and was an asshole I would call a judge on the guy in a second. Keep that in mind.

If you are shooting in a match rifle class it probably wont matter but I dont know those rules.

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 5:43:23 AM EDT

Originally Posted By HighlandMac:
They should fit fine. Why not get a single shot follower and just put it in a 20 round GI mag and be done? If you are shooting Service Rifle class it is like NASCAR, your gun and mags must look just like a GI service rifle. If the SU-16 mag is not the same dimension as a 20 round GI you can be disqualified from a match.

If I was at a match and someone had a non-spec mag and was an asshole I would call a judge on the guy in a second. Keep that in mind.

If you are shooting in a match rifle class it probably wont matter but I dont know those rules.

I shoot a match rifle, can't use 20 round mags. Single shot follower may not be allowed any more either. Stupid rulling says sleds, as it stands now, are banned too. I need a 5 round magazine, 3 inches in length...
Top Top