Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2006 7:38:01 PM EDT
I have an upper that I believe to be pre-ban, but I cannot confirm the manufacturer.  Ther is a production code that reads "AB".  The "A" is actually separted right above the straight line so it looks like a little pyramid.  It's a flat top with the bayo lug and birdcage.  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:07:39 AM EDT
[#1]
If it has a flash suppressor and bayonet lug, then it is a pre-ban style upper plain and simple.

The "A" that you are refering to is a splintered "A" indicating Anchor Harvey Aluminum. This is the company who made the forging. The "B" throws me off, as it could be Bushmaster, but I've never heard of their uppers being marked in this manner.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:13:29 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
If it has a flash suppressor and bayonet lug, then it is a pre-ban style upper plain and simple.

The "A" that you are refering to is a splintered "A" indicating Anchor Harvey Aluminum. This is the company who made the forging. The "B" throws me off, as it could be Bushmaster, but I've never heard of their uppers being marked in this manner.

I have a pre-ban Colt AR bought in 1991 and it has NO bayonet lug but it has a flash suppressor. Just my 2 cents.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:26:19 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have a pre-ban Colt AR bought in 1991 and it has NO bayonet lug but it has a flash suppressor. Just my 2 cents.

I just knew that someone would come along and say that if I wasn't more specific, but figured everyone would know that I was specifically referring to the poster's upper.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 12:52:36 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I have an upper that I believe to be pre-ban, but I cannot confirm the manufacturer.  Ther is a production code that reads "AB".  The "A" is actually separted right above the straight line so it looks like a little pyramid.  It's a flat top with the bayo lug and birdcage.  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Very unlikely to be preban.  I have never seen an Anchor Harvey marked upper that was made before the ban, tbough in fact there might be some around.

It's far more likely you have an upper assy made since the ban  went away (everywhere in the "civilized world").  Isn't the key in NY, and other parts of the uncivilized world, where you can't own a true AR, when the serial numbered lower was made?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top