Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/26/2006 10:27:47 AM EDT
I have the standard "bird cage" flash hider on my Oly, when I was in the gun shop the other day the guy behind the counter tried to sell me one that didn't have the "cut outs" on the bottom. I told him I already had one at home and he told me I should put it on my weapon because "it is better!" What's the difference? One is solid on the bottom and the other isn't, how could one be any better than the other?

- Clint hinking.gif

http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=270911

Nevermind I just read this and pretty much answered my own question...........
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 10:31:10 AM EDT
[#1]
The A1 version has slots on the bottom, the A2 version has no slots on the bottom to reduce dust signature and muzzle climb.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 10:32:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Your flash hider is just fine.  The A2-style flash hider has one slot missing-it's left closed and assembled on the bottom to reduce a shooter's dust signature when shooting prone.  THAT'S ALL.  Your gun shop guy wants to make some money off of you.  You do NOT need to help him do that.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 10:35:03 AM EDT
[#3]
I hate reading for a week on the board to answer a question, and then finding the answer 5 seconds after I post the question....h- Clint
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 3:45:54 PM EDT
[#4]
sounds like the dealer was trying to make a sale on a fool.

the short a2/a1 flashhiders dont work good to begin with and the only thing the a2 offers is dust kickup. muzzle rise is not noticably effected with the closed bottom.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top