Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2006 9:18:03 AM EDT
Ok, where to begin. The instuctions were crap but I'm sure someone can tell me what to do.

So I got it in the mail today and I was looking at it.  I don't know the official names so I'll just call the 2 parts the stock and the tube.  he
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e331/beeler311/c9e585a8.jpg

Now the tube has an angled edge on one end so I thought maybe you just use that as a wedge to force the pin down all the way and shove the tube inside the stock.  Here's another pic.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e331/beeler311/eafb9991.jpg

If that is the case, if you decide you want to remove it, how do you get the stock back off of the tube since the pin inside won't depress all the way to allow the stock to slide off?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:22:33 AM EDT
[#1]
put the tube on the lower.  slide the stock on until it hits that pin.   then pull on the whole lever assembly.  pull it like you want it to come off.  then slide onto the tube.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:41:54 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
put the tube on the lower.  slide the stock on until it hits that pin.   then pull on the whole lever assembly.  pull it like you want it to come off.  then slide onto the tube.

That is, grasp the lever assembly at the front and back and pull the whole thing straight down.

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:46:37 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is, grasp the lever assembly at the front and back and pull the whole thing straight down.

AH!!!  Got it.  Thanks!!
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:50:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Buttstocks are installed after you install the receiver extension, a.k.a. the "buffer tube". So the ONLY way you can get it on there is from the rear. The buttstock lever can be pulled down to fully retract the retaining pin. Then slide it on. When you want to change the length of pull (there are 5 positions on the Vltor), the lever is moved in the opposite direction (up). This PARTIALLY retracts the retaining pin...which is what you want so that the buttstock doesn't come flying off in the field (there is another land or fence on the buffer tube which prevents the buttstock from coming completely off when the retaining pin is only partially retracted).
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:52:50 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

AH!!!  Got it.  Thanks!!

How many arfcommers does it take to install a buttstock?

apparently 3...
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:56:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:57:55 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top