Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2006 8:57:08 PM EDT
Hey guys..

I'm looking to change the current muzzle break on my RRA. I've seen the "Vortex" as well as the birdcage unit on Wilson Combat's website but I would like some imput on which you guys have found work well.

Thanks for the help!
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:00:41 PM EDT
[#1]
muzzle break or flash hider?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:11:07 PM EDT
[#2]
if your talking flash hider then vortex IMO
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 11:14:40 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
if your talking flash hider then vortex IMO

+1 I personally like the Phantom pronged but the Vortex takes the cake
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:18:54 AM EDT
[#4]
The Vortex and GI A2 Birdcage shown at Wilsons web site are flash eliminators/hiders, not muzzle brakes... IMO, the Vortex is the best flash hider available...

The A2 birdcage when compared to the Vortex has less of a dust signature when shooting from the prone position but doesn't eliminate the muzzle flash as well...

The Tactical Muzzle Brake listed at Wilsons site is a muzzle brake...
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:02:58 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Hey guys..

I'm looking to change the current muzzle break on my RRA. I've seen the "Vortex" as well as the birdcage unit on Wilson Combat's website but I would like some imput on which you guys have found work well.

Thanks for the help!

Very pleased with the Phantom.

Steve

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:28:37 AM EDT
[#6]
There is NOTHING more effective at keeping the muzzle flat than the JP Cooley brake. Not even the tank break.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:05:08 AM EDT
[#7]
for a flash hider either phantom or vortex

muzzle brake mstn/pri qc
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top