Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:31:24 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
An item is the property of the person who created the image, and there is a 4 prong test called "fair use" IIRC.  This most certainly fails that test as 1- you aren't the owner, and are using it to establish gain, and 2- you are passing it off for another party to make profit.    

I think you may also have a misconception on what copyright actually is.....

www.copyright.gov/circs/circ1.html#wwp

The way in which copyright protection is secured is frequently misunderstood. No publication or registration or other action in the Copyright Office is required to secure copyright.

Copyright is secured automatically when the work is created, and a work is "created" when it is fixed in a copy or phonorecord for the first time.

Well, decided not to get myself into hot water for nothing, so I deleted all pics I posted and let's leave it at that. Don't want to step on nobody's toes.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top