Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:55:04 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
They look like nice rifles, but I'd like to hear them justify the high prices.

The thing for me is location, warranty, etc. Also, the price listed includes tax if I remember correctly. For me, the rifle + tax + being close to me where if I ever have any trouble with it, they are there for me. If I wanted to buy a rifle and expect to never talk to the person I bought it from if I had any trouble, I might look in to other endeavors, but like I said, for me it is quality, location, customer service, etc. Keep up the good work CMMG.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:02:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I got one of their own 14.5" Mod4A3 uppers last summer.  I had to wait a little longer as they were making it in house.  I also learned that it would come with a lifetime warranty.  I was told that if I didnt want to wait I could get an in stock 16" DPMS upper, but without thier lifetime warranty.  I have nothing against DPMS, but I wanted the 14.5" and really liked the idea of the lifetime warranty.  I put in on my SBRed Bushy lower and never looked back.  I have over 2000 rounds thru it with only 1 ammo related problem.  They make a great product and I will problably buy from them again next summer.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:06:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Once again NOT KNOCKING THEM - just haven't had a chance to ask this yet.  

Just a simple price comparison, the standard RRA 20 inch A4 just touches 800$ from legal transfers.  It comes with a match trigger no rear sight and if you get sloppy dremeled feed ramp extensions, they'll replace it for you so enough of that.  Figure the lack of carry handle is offset by the dual stage match trigger. you get a mag with teh rifle and also an acceosry kit.

CMMG includes a detachable carry handle or YHM flip up rear sight, hard case, sling, cleaning kit, 2 magazines and a lifetime warranty. and asks more than 200$ more in return.  $1025.95

What I gather CMMG offers to account for that is the 1/7 twist and genuine M4 feed ramps.  and?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:07:51 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Top notch specs and the best customer service arnt' the cheapest.

That and the last couple of years they have been shifting to make everything in house, there tooling has been very expensive buy and setup.

they are about $20-$50 less expensive than a LMT or BCM of the same spec and less than Colts.

they can't compete with RRA from legal transfers though.  By almost 2-300$ depending on setup.  And that's WITH a match trigger.  Not knocking them.....

Well in term of there uppers they are sort of apples and oranges

The Cmmg upper has Real Feedramps vs dremeled (if they are anything like myRRAupper they are really dremeled)

4150 vs 4140 steel

honesty this 2 dont really matter

but the CMMG has 1:7 twist and the correct M4 profile and F marked FSB.

They really arnt the same tier of upper, Thats why a compaired them to LMT, because they have the most direct comparsion.

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:46:53 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Top notch specs and the best customer service arnt' the cheapest.

That and the last couple of years they have been shifting to make everything in house, there tooling has been very expensive buy and setup.

they are about $20-$50 less expensive than a LMT or BCM of the same spec and less than Colts.

they can't compete with RRA from legal transfers though.  By almost 2-300$ depending on setup.  And that's WITH a match trigger.  Not knocking them.....

Well in term of there uppers they are sort of apples and oranges

The Cmmg upper has Real Feedramps vs dremeled (if they are anything like myRRAupper they are really dremeled)

4150 vs 4140 steel

honesty this 2 dont really matter

but the CMMG has 1:7 twist and the correct M4 profile and F marked FSB.

They really arnt the same tier of upper, Thats why a compaired them to LMT, because they have the most direct comparsion.

Big +1.

RRA's response to that poor guy who got the hackjob feedramps really turned me off to their uppers.  I do have and would buy again a RRA NM lower.  
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:30:51 PM EDT
[#6]
CMMG also parks under the FSB.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:53:43 PM EDT
[#7]
They make an upper with all of the features that the koolaid drinkers pay big bucks for.  All of that, plus good customer service, for a very modest price. I personally am looking closely at their 6.8 set up...
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:59:18 PM EDT
[#8]
I organized a group buy a while back on CMMG lowers (2 digit serial numbers).  They were great to work with, provide a quality product, and they have great service.  Highly recommended.  
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:03:50 PM EDT
[#9]
I like CMMG so much that I ordered an 18 inch midlength 1/7 SPR barrel to build a distance rifle with.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:18:55 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I like CMMG so much that I ordered an 18 inch midlength 1/7 SPR barrel to build a distance rifle with.

I considered that one too.  Instead I got a custom rifle for a little more.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top