User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:39:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I cant vote, there's no centered option on the poll...

I have a First Samco VG1 located just about dead center... I have rather long arms and big hands and use the momentary switch on the tail cap to activate my SureFire M95...

I'm kind of new to using a VFG... I recently tried a few different types and between the TangoDown, KAC and First Samco VG1, I liked the VG1 the best...

The KAC was like trying to wrap my hand around a pencil, no matter where I would place it on the rail it just didn't feel right...

The TD was second best, it didn't feel as small as the KAC did but was a lot better...

Finally after trying the First Samco, I'm hooked on using a VFG, It feels great...

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:41:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:03:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I've tried it in a bunch of positions, but close to the lower works best for me.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:46:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Based on the principals of weight lifting and the use of muscles used when a weight is closer to or farther from your body, I keep it close in.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:50:10 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

www.ont.com/users/kolya/AR15/midLilja.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/va_dinger/2005_1210M40040.jpg

who makes these VFGs?

1st one is a grip pod with built in tri pod, second one I dont know.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:56:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Almost anyone who actually does any kind of action shooting and tries running it in close keeps it there.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:43:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Depends on which day it is !
Generally in the middle I have a CQD VG so I am limited just how far back I can go towards the magwell, I like to keep it under my Eotech my VG seems to support my bulked up front end better there.  But who knows it is Thursday !
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:48:25 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

who makes these VFGs?

Nobody makes it yet, you have to make your own.

It's called the "Gangsta Grip".

Do a search on Lightfighter, they have a good thread running on it.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 12:10:54 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
in my parts box. I've been using the magwell alot lately

Yep
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 12:59:32 PM EDT
[#11]
i don't have a vert grip but will be on the market soon for one.....however when shooting i do tend to grab the mag well to keep my elbows in and is the most comfortable to me....so therefore with that said then i'll probably have the vg close to me once mounted upon purchasing
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top