Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/17/2006 1:38:47 PM EDT
Does a Heavey buffer lessen, or increase felt recoil?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 1:56:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Lessens.

I switched from the standard in one of my M4 carbines to the "H" marked and while it wasn't substantially different, there was a noticeable difference.  I'm planning on trying the even heavier 9mm buffer to see how well it works and what difference it makes in the recoil dept.

Sly
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 3:44:47 PM EDT
[#2]
better than the 9mm buffer would be an Enidine buffer or the MGI rate reducing buffer.  Expensive yes, but I tried the enidine buffer in my mid gas 16" and recoil was less than the 9mm buffer.  If you have the cash, just get the enidine or MGI.  If not the 9mm buffer at 20 or so dollars cant be beat.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:19:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I went from a standard to a H2 buffer It Lessens the recoil.

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:24:27 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
better than the 9mm buffer would be an Enidine buffer or the MGI rate reducing buffer.  Expensive yes, but I tried the enidine buffer in my mid gas 16" and recoil was less than the 9mm buffer.  If you have the cash, just get the enidine or MGI.  If not the 9mm buffer at 20 or so dollars cant be beat.

+1 on enidine buffer ($89.95 well spent)
-jls7
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:03:47 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 on enidine buffer ($89.95 well spent)
-jls7

+2   A 9mm buffer is better than any H (1,2 or 3) buffer, but the Enidine is even better...

TS
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:05:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Can I just put some lead shot inside my standard carbine buffer to get it up to 155 grams or so?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:33:33 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Im still building my AR up but where can these two buffers be purchased?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:42:38 PM EDT
[#8]
lessens

h/w, if its too heavy you might expierence reliability problems, so dont expect the heaviest out there to be the best for you

imo, if the stock/std weight works, dont worry about changing it
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:46:29 PM EDT
[#9]
A heavier recoil buffer will slow down the action and increase cycle time.  This is analagous to using a strong recoil spring in a auto handgun.  The effect is that the recoil happens slower and usually causes more muzzle flip.   This might feel like "less" recoil to some.  

Longer cycle time and slower bolt carrier group velocity will mask magazine problems.

Many action shooters prefer normal or even lightened reciprocating mass.  The effect of less mass is that the rifle cycles faster and flatter, which can help the shooter reacquire the sight picture faster.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top