Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2006 8:35:26 AM EDT
I recently reconfigured my AR for the umpteenth time and I then realized that Im actually not that far off from what I started with a little more thana year ago.  (please excuse the crappy pics)

10/04

01/05

07/05

And...Different lower, but same upper.
01/06

Back in black and back to plain and simple.  

Its actually been through more configs than this but you get the gist of it.

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:37:02 AM EDT
[#1]
You should get a flip up front sight eventually, would look cool with the fluted barrel combo. Nice rifle- I built a few up then ended up going back to a more fairly simple set-up to reduce weight.

Hey what kind of AK is that in your picture David??? Looks like a Bulgarian 74- just curious, maybe put a pick up of that as well. I have an AKS-74n M1A1,  a 5.56NATO stamped Bulgarian Sidefolder, probably my favorite and most expensive rifle I own between the build fees, rare 5.56 stamped AK parts, etc. I just love the 74 style rifles, something about the comm bloc simplicity and total reliability.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:40:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Part of the appeal of the AR15 platform

Nice rig, BTW!
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:41:45 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
You should get a flip up front sight eventually, would look cool with the fluted barrel combo. Nice rifle- I built a few up then ended up going back to a more fairly simple set-up to reduce weight.

I dont think I could since this is a 15" bbl with a perm attached FH.  But I've thought about it.
Actually, Im thinking about SBRing the lower and just putting a CMMG, 10.3" upper on it.  No rails, just  slap it on like it comes and shoot it.

This whole "back to basics" thing came about when I tryind tofigure out why I loved my 9mm AR so much more than my 223.   Besides the fun of 9mm, I decided it was becuse its lighter and easier to handle.  No funky stuff to get in the way.

I guess waht Im trying to say is.......

"Hi, my name is David and Im a recovering "gear queer".

one step at a time.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:43:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:30:42 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Thats why you need more than one....

Ive already got a few.   But Im probably not going to add another for a while.   For the next few months the only "gun money" I spend will be on either optics or ammo.  No, seriously. I mean it.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top