Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2006 8:35:26 AM EDT
I recently reconfigured my AR for the umpteenth time and I then realized that Im actually not that far off from what I started with a little more thana year ago. (please excuse the crappy pics)

10/04

01/05

07/05

And...Different lower, but same upper.
01/06

Back in black and back to plain and simple.

Its actually been through more configs than this but you get the gist of it.

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:37:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/17/2006 9:40:46 AM EDT by Creeper]
You should get a flip up front sight eventually, would look cool with the fluted barrel combo. Nice rifle- I built a few up then ended up going back to a more fairly simple set-up to reduce weight.

Hey what kind of AK is that in your picture David??? Looks like a Bulgarian 74- just curious, maybe put a pick up of that as well. I have an AKS-74n M1A1, a 5.56NATO stamped Bulgarian Sidefolder, probably my favorite and most expensive rifle I own between the build fees, rare 5.56 stamped AK parts, etc. I just love the 74 style rifles, something about the comm bloc simplicity and total reliability.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:40:08 AM EDT
Part of the appeal of the AR15 platform

Nice rig, BTW!
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:41:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/17/2006 9:44:29 AM EDT by davidp14]

Originally Posted By Creeper:
You should get a flip up front sight eventually, would look cool with the fluted barrel combo. Nice rifle- I built a few up then ended up going back to a more fairly simple set-up to reduce weight.

I dont think I could since this is a 15" bbl with a perm attached FH. But I've thought about it.
Actually, Im thinking about SBRing the lower and just putting a CMMG, 10.3" upper on it. No rails, just slap it on like it comes and shoot it.

This whole "back to basics" thing came about when I tryind tofigure out why I loved my 9mm AR so much more than my 223. Besides the fun of 9mm, I decided it was becuse its lighter and easier to handle. No funky stuff to get in the way.

I guess waht Im trying to say is.......

"Hi, my name is David and Im a recovering "gear queer".

one step at a time.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:43:12 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:30:42 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Stickman:
Thats why you need more than one....

Ive already got a few. But Im probably not going to add another for a while. For the next few months the only "gun money" I spend will be on either optics or ammo. No, seriously. I mean it.
Top Top