Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/15/2006 9:50:50 PM EDT
I plan to get my 20" HBAR turned down to Government Profile. Is the 7th option down that says "Contour Barrel: AR barrel-under handguards" on this page what I want to select for Government Profile?

Also, does selecting that option automatically assume I want the Government Profile or do I need to tell them somewhere specifically that I want the government profile?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:03:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/15/2006 10:05:54 PM EDT by jollyroger]
I imagine they can do whatever you want. Why dont you email them or give them a call to find out for sure.

ETA: Yes, contouring under the handguards will give you gov't profile depending on how skinny you go.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:12:10 PM EDT

Originally Posted By jollyroger:
ETA: Yes, contouring under the handguards will give you gov't profile depending on how skinny you go.

Do you know what the "M16A2 barrel" thickness is? I had no clue there were different thicknesses of Government Profile. I just figured there was one "universal" kind of thickness that was given the title Government Profile.

I actually just send them an e-mail just a few moments ago.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:08:17 PM EDT
just call steve and let him know exactly what you are looking for he will answer your questions 419.882.8079
+1 for ADCO
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:13:08 PM EDT
I dont know the exact numbers for a government profile barrel. What I meant was that a lot of people are going to a medium contour profile which is half way between HBar and gov't.

Another +1 for ADCO, I built my first AR buying most of the parts from them. Top notch operation.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:44:06 AM EDT
This is an ADCO "Government Profiled" 16" middy...

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:56:10 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:36:11 AM EDT

Originally Posted By bigbore:

Originally Posted By TylerM_8:
I plan to get my 20" HBAR turned down to Government Profile. Is the 7th option down that says "Contour Barrel: AR barrel-under handguards" on this page what I want to select for Government Profile?

Also, does selecting that option automatically assume I want the Government Profile or do I need to tell them somewhere specifically that I want the government profile?

You are correct in your assumption. If you want a specific thickness, just mention itin the comment section when you check out.

So if I just select the box "Contour Barrel: AR barrel-under handguards" I will be getting the "M16A2 style" government profile barrel cut?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:25:51 PM EDT
TylerM_8, if you want government profile then in the comments box simply and easily state "I want this to be government profile" and ADCO will make it happen.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:38:23 PM EDT

Originally Posted By jollyroger:
TylerM_8, if you want government profile then in the comments box simply and easily state "I want this to be government profile" and ADCO will make it happen.

+1
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:28:58 PM EDT
Alright, thank you all for the help.
Top Top