Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2006 9:50:50 PM EDT
I plan to get my 20" HBAR turned down to Government Profile. Is the 7th option down that says "Contour Barrel: AR barrel-under handguards" on this page what I want to select for Government Profile?

Also, does selecting that option automatically assume I want the Government Profile or do I need to tell them somewhere specifically that I want the government profile?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:03:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I imagine they can do whatever you want.  Why dont you email them or give them a call to find out for sure.

ETA:  Yes, contouring under the handguards will give you gov't profile depending on how skinny you go.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:12:10 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
ETA:  Yes, contouring under the handguards will give you gov't profile depending on how skinny you go.

Do you know what the "M16A2 barrel" thickness is? I had no clue there were different thicknesses of Government Profile. I just figured there was one "universal" kind of thickness that was given the title Government Profile.

I actually just send them an e-mail just a few moments ago.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:08:17 PM EDT
[#3]
just call steve and let him know exactly what you are looking for he will answer your questions 419.882.8079
+1 for ADCO
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:13:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I dont know the exact numbers for a government profile barrel.  What I meant was that a lot of people are going to a medium contour profile which is half way between HBar and gov't.

Another +1 for ADCO, I built my first AR buying most of the parts from them.  Top notch operation.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:44:06 AM EDT
[#5]
This is an ADCO "Government Profiled" 16" middy...

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:56:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:36:11 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I plan to get my 20" HBAR turned down to Government Profile. Is the 7th option down that says "Contour Barrel: AR barrel-under handguards" on this page what I want to select for Government Profile?

Also, does selecting that option automatically assume I want the Government Profile or do I need to tell them somewhere specifically that I want the government profile?

You are correct in your assumption. If you want a specific thickness, just mention itin the comment section when you check out.

So if I just select the box "Contour Barrel: AR barrel-under handguards" I will be getting the "M16A2 style" government profile barrel cut?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:25:51 PM EDT
[#8]
TylerM_8, if you want government profile then in the comments box simply and easily state "I want this to be government profile" and ADCO will make it happen.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:38:23 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
TylerM_8, if you want government profile then in the comments box simply and easily state "I want this to be government profile" and ADCO will make it happen.

+1
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:28:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Alright, thank you all for the help.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top