AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:21:13 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
A1 sights, fixed stock, etc. Just a very simplistic rifle. No frills whatsoever.

Thanks   I didn't even look at the sights.  I didn't think anyone made a new ARs with A1 sights.

Bushmaster makes them. I have one. It's nice.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:33:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Hello all....I am new to the forum and soon to be a new proud owner of an AR15.  I have been surfing this and other forums to get up to speed on today's weapon.  I was issued a fairly decent weapon in Nam back in the 60's but I am relearning what I learned and forgot years ago.  Today's market is so confusing to a novice.  To the diappointment of many I have decided to go with the Oly "plinker".  Cost was the driving factor here since I'm also into Garands, Enfields, etc., and my pocket does have a bottom to it, if you get my drift.  The AR15 will be used only in recreation and displayed on my "wall of honor" in my den to honor family who served in WWI, WWII and Nam.  After talking to one of Oly reps today I have decided to stay away from the "wolf" ammo.  He says it will automatically void the lifetime warranty on the rifle.  Cheap is great, but sometimes cheap has a hidden cost.  It seems that many AR15 enthusiasts like the mags from mag44 - the teflon version.  They are certainly cheap enough ($11), but do they consistently work with the Oly?  My rifle is due to arrive this coming week and am looking forward to giving it a try.  Thanks for all the posts with great info.  I could spend hours searching, looking, hunting, finding, learning.  Thanks guys,  oh! and gals!.......

INSANITY IS HEREDITARY......YOU GET IT FROM YOUR CHILDREN
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:56:57 PM EDT
[#3]

It seems that many AR15 enthusiasts like the mags from mag44 - the teflon version.  They are certainly cheap enough ($11), but do they consistently work with the Oly?

They are D&H mags are they will work great in your Oly.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:23:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Every time I order from DSG arms I buy 10 more D&H mags.    http://dsgarms.com/index.cfm?&CFID=218185&CFTOKEN=27525799&redirect=yes.      Now on sale for 9.95 each.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:33:49 PM EDT
[#5]
DAMN!!! Went to their website and bought more.  I am a sucker for free shipping.

Your order has been submitted and has been assigned Order Number xxxxxx.

Please print this invoice for your records.

You should receive an email confirmation as well within a couple minutes.

DSG Arms
P.O.Box 40552
Fort Worth, Texas 76140
[email protected]

ORDER XXXX
February 16, 2006

Bill/Ship To:
Michael XXXX
XXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXX RI XXXX
Phone: (401) XXX-XXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX.net

Item No. Item Qty Unit Price Ext. Price

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MA-02BT20pck  Free Shipping - Black teflon coated 30 round magazine - 20 Pack  1 $199.00 $199.00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subtotal: $199.00
Total: $199.00

Shipping Method: No Shipping

Back to the Store

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:02:12 PM EDT
[#6]
my first and last experience was with the original plinker which had the cast lower.  it would not cycle a round before either locking the bolt to the rear or failing to feed. maybe the plinker plus has overcome the shortcomings of its single shot predecessor.  
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:15:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Its sad to see all of the slamming agaist OLY. I have an OLY 24inch ultramatch upper on a BUSHMASTER, YES I SAID BUSHMASTER lower and it has impressed me more and more every time I shoot it. I bought it to plink with and just have fun but wow, I dont do competitions, and I Dont care to. I know my own abilitys and thats all that matters. I love my OLY upper and am considering getting a oly lower to replace my bushie lower. (then I get to buy  anew upper and have another complete AR.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top