Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/15/2006 11:47:40 AM EDT
I have read about this on here going through some of the threads. I tried to search but could not find anything. What exactly is it and how does one do it?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:56:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:02:27 PM EDT
[#2]
The "FAT AIRSOFT" kid started out bumpfiring.  And look what happened to him.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:04:22 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

He got popular
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:11:10 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He got popular

He had a booth at SHOT!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:11:37 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I have read about this on here going through some of the threads. I tried to search but could not find anything. What exactly is it and how does one do it?

Take the bumpfire clinic!  All ya need to know:

https://www.lifelibertyetc.com/rangebag.aspx
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:14:01 PM EDT
[#6]
tag
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:42:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the info guys, hopefully i cant master this cause if i do ill be broke always buyin ammo
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:18:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Not that hard once you figure it out, but it's basically just a way to turn money into noise.  Watch where your rounds go, b/c I've watched folks ignore the muzzle climb and send rounds over berms.

It is possible to bumpfire while holding the gun freely (not hooking the thumb in a pocket @ your hip).  Once you get that, you can practice until getting it up to your shoulder and having some semblance of a sight picture.

I've shot FA stuff, and also bumpfired from the shoulder.  Both might sound the same, but I personally find that doing controlled 3-6 shot bursts to center of mass from a FA is more fulfulling.  OTOH, you can bumpfire an awful lot of cases of ammo for the price of one transferrable MG.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:02:46 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I herd he gained 87 pounds after he bumpfired his airsoft M4
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:35:24 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Do you lay in bed and jerk it thinking up snide remarks to bumpfiring threads?

It must really, really, really bug you.

You know, somewhere, right now, someone is bumping and having a ball. Does that make your thong bind thinking about it?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:37:34 AM EDT
[#11]
no, i think markm is a post whore, and he has a word in almost every thread.

i just got my AR even thou the weather is shitty, im goin out to try to bumpfire my new ar in a few hours.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:21:08 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You know, somewhere, right now, someone is bumping and having a ball. Does that make your thong bind thinking about it?

Bumpfiring is an embarrassment to legitimate marksmen everywhere.  It's proof that even RETARDs have access to firearms.  I try not to let it bother me.

But the thought of some non-shooter getting their first impression of the AR community by coming across some shit for brains, numbnuts dumping ammo into the side of a hill is discouraging.

It's kinda like a few weeks ago when I was shooting.  A couple of pickups pull up to shoot next to me.  One of the guys promptly dumps a bunch of rounds down range using the "GANGTA/Birdman" shooting stance.  You immediately know you're dealing with a JACK OFF of the FIRST ORDER.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:29:28 AM EDT
[#13]
so everyone that bumpfires is a gangsta??? so your calling everyone that has bumpfired on AR15.com retards?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:44:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Bump snob
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:59:56 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
so everyone that bumpfires is a gangsta??? so your calling everyone that has bumpfired on AR15.com retards?

yo son imma g homie
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:44:27 PM EDT
[#16]
i must be a gangsta now too, got my AR to bumb today.  Neighbor thats a pa state cop that hates me come flyin up the road, come up to my shooting spot, and asked to inspect my gun.  So i let him, he asked what i was doing, i said "bumpfire clint, totally legal", he raised an eyebrow and walked away
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:58:03 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hear he owns 87 round magazines and he bumpfires each one 87 times. He also eats 87 donuts while watching his favorite TV show which happens to be on channel 87.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 12:35:29 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Bumpfiring is an embarrassment to legitimate marksmen everywhere.

A lot of liberals say that type of thing about machine guns.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 1:07:27 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hear he owns 87 round magazines and he bumpfires each one 87 times. He also eats 87 donuts while watching his favorite TV show which happens to be on channel 87.

87 round magazines? Never heard of such a thing, you got a link?
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 1:48:20 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

That's what you're supposed to download a beta drum to, so it feeds reliably.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 2:07:17 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's what you're supposed to download a beta drum to, so it feeds reliably.

Ohhhh, now I know. Thanks for clearing that up. I thought maybe this was one of those new triangle mags that hold 90 rounds or something.....

Gene
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 11:31:46 PM EDT
[#22]
87 months ago, he would have been stabbed 87 times for his hatetred of bumpfire.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:04:25 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
87 months ago, he would have been stabbed 87 [/red] times for his hatetred of bumpfire.

yep, probably by 87 pro-bumpfire-ers
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:10:18 AM EDT
[#24]
i dont understand the point of bumping?   maybe 2 out of 30 will hit the target?   just make every shot count and all will be well!
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 1:04:26 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
i dont understand the point of bumping?   maybe 2 out of 30 will hit the target?   just make every shot count and all will be well!

Or 87 out of 1305!!!!
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:27:21 AM EDT
[#26]
No, i figured it out, when markm's grandmother turned 87, he went outside and bumped his AR 87 times, and she told him never to comeback.  Due to his grandmother, he has an extreme hate of bumpfirers and their evil, anti-markmenship practices, and an extreme love for the number 87
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:52:33 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bumpfiring is an embarrassment to legitimate marksmen everywhere.  It's proof that even RETARDs have access to firearms.  I try not to let it bother me.

But the thought of some non-shooter getting their first impression of the AR community by coming across some shit for brains, numbnuts dumping ammo into the side of a hill is discouraging.

It's kinda like a few weeks ago when I was shooting.  A couple of pickups pull up to shoot next to me.  One of the guys promptly dumps a bunch of rounds down range using the "GANGTA/Birdman" shooting stance.  You immediately know you're dealing with a JACK OFF of the FIRST ORDER.

I'll let your comments, condescension, and assholishness speak for itself. You really are a dick.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:02:08 PM EDT
[#28]
I tried bumpfiring once and didn't see the big deal of it. That being said, if someone else has the money to blow on ammo more power to 'em. It's just not for me.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 10:56:51 PM EDT
[#29]
He doesnt like it because he cant do it.  But rumor has it, he assaulted 87 bumpfiring marksmen, and they bumped his mom, not bumpfired, but bumped
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top