Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2006 7:40:46 AM EDT
Hey.. Should get my DPMS Bull Twenty any day now...  Any advice about using the open sights to begin with or going right to a scope setup... Or any advice about a scope illuminated vs not?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:48:57 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Hey.. Should get my DPMS Bull Twenty any day now...  Any advice about using the open sights to begin with or going right to a scope setup... Or any advice about a scope illuminated vs not?

We got a noobe, welcome to the jungle.................
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:50:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 11:17:37 AM EDT
[#3]
learn to use the irons first, throw a scope or red dot on later.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 11:18:09 AM EDT
[#4]
oh and welcome.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 11:22:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 11:26:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 11:28:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Welcome!!!

It is always good to know how to use open sights, so learn that.

Whay do you intend to do with your new Bushy?

Range Commando---open sights and optics
Backyard Commando---open sights (You don't want the Police to take your Optics when the confiscate your AR for illegal discharge)
Varmint Hunting---Optics

So in other words learn both.

Noobie lesson number 1: Don't post before searching and trying to find your answer.
Noobie lesson number 2: Always post a pic if your bragging about something you have
Noobie lesson number 3: Make sure you check the information tab before asking how to post a pic
Noobie lesson number 4: Post things in the right forum

1-4 should keep you out of hot water around here!!!

The only reason why you didn't get ambushed for not having a picture is because you said it was coming in.  Well we will wait a couple days for the picture, then hunt you down if it isn't posted!!!

Welcome, be safe!

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 11:29:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Welcome

Learn to use IRONS first
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:23:28 PM EDT
[#9]
thanks for all the info/advice.... i'm having a gas block put on the front so that i can mount a front sight.. i think that is what is making the gun take longer to get..... any opinions as far as scopes? again, thanks for the advice, i appreciate it and will definitley post a pic as soon as i get the gun....
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top