Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/9/2006 5:14:10 AM EDT
Hello all, - I am the FNG.

Have been wanting an AR for a little while now, and am ok with spending the 800-1000 dollars, but just haven't bought one, because I really don't know much about them, and don't want to make an uneducated buy. - At the suggestion of someone who turned me onto this board, I have decided to build my own. I think that will be half the fun. I looked over the "build your own" threads, and hope it's ok, but I have posted a pic of a members below here to show what I'm wanting to build. I def. want the 4 or 6 pos. tele stock, and I def. want optics. The gun below only with a tele stock is the style I want to build. - Also think that I want to build the most plain gun initially, and then as I play with it, can decide what accessories I really want and don't want.

http://
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:15:01 AM EDT
I can't figure out how to paste it in here.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:20:14 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:21:02 AM EDT
I think I got it figured out now - and I really hope it's alright for me to post this pic of another members gun - I just simply pasted t from the build pictures to show sort of what I'm wanting to build

Again guys, I don't know much about AR's, and to help all understand the desired purpose, it will be for rang plinking and some small/medium game hunting. Value isn't important, as I', not wanting to build one to sell, however budget is important.

I need to know where to start... purchase a lower first? just any kind? then the lower rec. kit?, or purchase an upper first? Or purchase a lower complete?

http://C:\Documents
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:23:41 AM EDT
Guess not.

Per the other post I need to figure out how to make become a web hosted pic, or better yet, I'll look for some pics on the web and paste the link

thanks
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:28:55 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:29:29 AM EDT
There it is....

Let me know what to do next

I got a couple hundred to spend now.

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:45:32 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:48:31 AM EDT
Don't want a bipod - That was just a pic that I found on this site that showed similiar to what I want.

The scope yes. - From reading thatI've done, I think I want a 16" barrell. Educate me on the barrell length If it's shorter than 16" don't you have to have a perm. flash hider?

I will post this in the build section too.. Just thought it would get more exposure over here. Unless a killer deal comes around, I'm pretty sure I want to build my own.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:55:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/9/2006 5:56:19 AM EDT by Stickman]
Top Top