Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2006 5:14:10 AM EDT
Hello all, - I am the FNG.

Have been wanting an AR for a little while now, and am ok with spending the 800-1000 dollars, but just haven't bought one, because I really don't know much about them, and don't want to make an uneducated buy.  -  At the suggestion of someone who turned me onto this board, I have decided to build my own. I think that will be half the fun. I looked over the "build your own" threads, and hope it's ok, but I have posted a pic of a members below here to show what I'm wanting to build. I def. want the 4 or 6 pos. tele stock, and I def. want optics.  The gun below only with a tele stock is the style I want to build.  -  Also think that I want to build the most plain gun initially, and then as I play with it, can decide what accessories I really want and don't want.

http://
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:15:01 AM EDT
[#1]
I can't figure out how to paste it in here.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:20:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:21:02 AM EDT
[#3]
I think I got it figured out now  -  and I really hope it's alright for me to post this pic of another members gun - I just simply pasted t from the build pictures to show sort of what I'm wanting to build

Again guys, I don't know much about AR's, and to help all understand the desired purpose, it will be for rang plinking and some small/medium game hunting. Value isn't important, as I', not wanting to build one to sell, however budget is important.

I need to know where to start... purchase a lower first? just any kind? then the lower rec. kit?, or purchase an upper first? Or purchase a lower complete?

http://C:\Documents
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:23:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Guess not.

Per the other post I need to figure out how to make become a web hosted pic, or better yet, I'll look for some pics on the web and paste the link

thanks
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:28:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:29:29 AM EDT
[#6]
There it is....

Let me know what to do next

I got a couple hundred to spend now.

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:45:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:48:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Don't want a bipod - That was just a pic that I found on this site that showed similiar to what I want.

The scope yes. - From reading thatI've done, I think I want a 16" barrell. Educate me on the barrell length If it's shorter than 16" don't you have to have a perm. flash hider?

I will post this in the build section too.. Just thought it would get more exposure over here. Unless a killer deal comes around, I'm pretty sure I want to build my own.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:55:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top