Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2006 8:54:25 AM EDT
Will someone please give me some assistance in taking my trapdoor and core off of my MIAD?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:04:27 AM EDT
[#1]
While I don't have one of these (www.bizplaces.com/magpul/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=5911) perusing the pic here shows 2 ears on the bottom plate which I suspect contain the release....

Mike

ps - although I bet reading the instructions would have been easier and quicker than this
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:07:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Mine didn’t come with instructions, if it did I obviously wouldn’t be asking
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:11:40 AM EDT
[#3]

There ye be. You just stick your thumbnail in the detent and pull it out. Let me know if you need a hand with anything else. The MIAD is a great grip.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:13:13 AM EDT
[#4]
You are not alone.  It is a b!*ch to remove, but once you do it a few times it gets easier.  
Nice pics above.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:14:16 AM EDT
[#5]
I thought that’s how it disassembled, however the damn thing wont budge
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:22:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Try using a small flathead screwdriver in the detent and prying it out. Be gentle though, it'll be it's first time, (and we all know how that goes.)
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:07:05 AM EDT
[#7]
I used a flathead on the core and got it out with no problem, it seems to be losing up a tad now. Thanks for the pointers steve-oh
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 11:31:19 AM EDT
[#8]
I always seem to need to turn the rifle upside down, lay it on my lap kinda and grab the grip in my left hand- loosely.  I use my thumb and forefinger of my left hand to pinch the core on both sides at the tabs.  I reach over with my right hand and use my index finger to pull on the release.  With my light grip on the MIAD with my left hand and forefinger and thumb tightly gripping the tabs, I am slightly lifting it up off of my lap.  That way, when the release lever is moved enough, the weight of the rifle will pull the grip away.  I am really only tilting the rifle up off of my lap.  it's not suspended and doesn't fall free
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 1:01:34 PM EDT
[#9]
I just got it on my gun and decided to use the hex screw and not the flathead screw that comes with the MIAD, shouldn’t be a problem right?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 1:13:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 1:17:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks Stick
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 1:39:35 PM EDT
[#12]
what?  I kinda figured it's designed to be used with the hex that is included with the grip.  Why else would they include that super long hex wrench with the ball end?  
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 1:42:26 PM EDT
[#13]
All I got in my bag was the grip, three back strips and two front strips along with a silver flathead screw. Am I missing something
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:37:26 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
what?  I kinda figured it's designed to be used with the hex that is included with the grip.  Why else would they include that super long hex wrench with the ball end?  

Both my MIADs came with a flush-fitting silver hex screw...I got no super long hex wrench with the ball end, however.  Yes, I own a "Full" kit.  I feel jipped...wait no I don't, Magpul is the best company ever.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:45:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:37:52 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
You are not alone.  It is a b!*ch to remove, but once you do it a few times it gets easier.  
Nice pics above.

+1

I just got mine a few days ago and I had the exact same problem but now after playing with it a few times I can get it off...  most of the time

I wish they would have copied off of the Tango Down grips trapdoor  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top