Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/7/2006 7:16:50 PM EDT
I bought a preban Bushmaster lower and it came with a 2 position stock that I replaced. How can I tell if it was made by Colt? There aren't any markings but the stock is very solid/tight, so I don't think it's a cheap knock off. Did Bushmaster ever sell 2 position stocks? It's in used but good condition. How much should I ask for it if I sell it with the buffer and spring? Thanks in advance!

img142.imageshack.us/img142/6269/dsc011156pe.jpg

img137.imageshack.us/img137/10/dsc011169qs.jpg
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:33:18 AM EDT
Looks like a knock off from the pictures. I know the newer Colt stocks have a “N” mold mark under the lever on the right side. If it doesn’t have any markings on it at all then it is just an aftermarket copy. I might be wrong but I don’t think Colt made two-pos plastic stocks.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:32:52 AM EDT
Bushmaster used to sell two position receiver extentions, they were black, Colt's are gray.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:42:21 AM EDT
It's a knockoff. Colt stocks have two vertical reinforcing ribs where the outer tube portion joins the bottom of the stock and as mentioned have the N marking under the lever. The easiest way to tell though, is by looking at the threads on the buffer tube. Mil spec tubes will have a finished diameter smaller than the outer diameter of the threads whereas with aftermarket tubes the outer diameter of the threads are flush with the finished diameter.
Top Top