Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/7/2006 7:10:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/7/2006 8:11:48 PM EDT by ak223boarder]
Building my first AR.

I'm going to build on a dpms 16" m4 1/7 lined barrel. A3 flattop.

I'm thinking of putting the yhm light 4 rail ff so that I can have a forward grip.

I'm have an eotech 552.

I am not planning on going overboard and loading up the rail with everything known to man. I do want to I'm just looking for the accuracy benefit of the forward grip.

I'm asking for suggestions on iron sights.

I'm thinking either standard a2 front sight and detachable A2 carry handle and mount the eotech on the handguard rail, and try to cowitness.

or mounting a buis behind the eotech, and a flip down front sight?

or none...

Looking for suggestions or comments.

What would you use for the front and rear irons, if any?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:22:13 PM EDT
On my rifle I use for 3 gun I have both a ACOG TA-31F on a ARMS quick detach and an EOTech with a GG&G quick detach. When I won the 3 gun match at our club last weekend I used the EOTech. I have a standard front sight base and an ARMS low profile back up iron sight. I keep the back up iron sight down with either optic onthe gun. I dont like running the EOTech as a co witness setup but I like having the back up irons just in case. Good luck making up your mind on a rear sight. I dont like co witness because it slows me down. YMMV.

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:29:57 PM EDT
Thanks for the response.

So with a flip down buis but a standard front sight you don't find that the front sight gets in the way like a true cowitness does?

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:30:27 PM EDT
oh, and yeah, my head is spinning right now with different configurations.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:51:55 PM EDT
Go w/ an A.R.M.S buis of some type - cant go wrong this guessing she'll be a flat top - you didn't say...A2/A3 ...?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:11:03 PM EDT
Yes, A3 flattop, sorry, I'll edit original to be a little more clear.

One thought was to have a detachable A2 handle though.

The other thing, is if I do go with a flip up BUIS, should I go flip up front as well?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:12:34 PM EDT
It looks like I may be leaning towards a arms flip up rear buis and a yhm flip up front gas block.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:15:16 PM EDT
I just realized that this would be better suited in the optics, and sights section...
Top Top