Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:04:39 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Knowing that I have an AN/PEQ-2A wouldn't have saved any of the tangos that I've killed over here thus far.  

All that I can say is my family and I send my sincerest thanks, and I wish I could say I've done the same as you.

Stay safe.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 1:14:03 PM EDT
[#2]
What was it Mel Gibson said to his kids in "The Patriot"?  "Start with the officers and work your way down.  You do know how to tell which ones are officers, right?"   If M4 vs. M16A4 depends on rank, then stating that breakdown as some have might be considered an OPSEC issue.  
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 1:28:26 PM EDT
[#3]
My team leader carried an M16A2 with a M203 mounted and an M9 on the hip,  the squad leader carried an M16A2 and an M9 and then their was me the gunner, or should I say pack mule hauling an M249 (SAW, squad automatic weapon) 600 rounds spare ammo (that was strickly my choice, I prefer to have more than not enough) an M9 on the hip and old reliable a mosberg 500A 12 ga with extended mag strapped to my back. Oh yeah I also got the joy of being the one mounted on the MK19 while on patrol. We personaly did not start seeing the M4 style rifles until we were about done with our tour.

I did see alot of other units have them, I even got to see a seal sniper team with a .50 sniper rifle. Ya they are some lucky guys they get the best equipment out there. I guess when you are the baddest mothers in the game you make the rules ha ha.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 1:42:49 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Knowing that I have an AN/PEQ-2A wouldn't have saved any of the tangos that I've killed over here thus far.  

Thats rite on the money Phoebus the only thing they cared about is that the receiving end of the MK19 or the M249 that I carried was the deffinatley the wrong end to be on LOL at their cost

Stay stafe and get home to the land of the big PX. hug.gif
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:58:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
If an Islamic terrorist is going to surf the Internet to gather information, I truly believe he would have downloaded a copy of FM 7-8, The Infantry Platoon And Squad, and gotten the exact same data along with handy diagrams of who walks where, before he bothers wading through pages and pages of ARFCOM.

Sorry but that is beside and exactly my point,  some, Including you, can not see the value of  OPSEC as your own violation above indicates.  FM's like you mention are very often (NOT ALWAYS) OUT -of -Date online with Current MTOE right now. Changes have been made In Country and this info should be protected by those of us who are using it. Those above that are giving break downs of their Unit Armament should Know better. It doesnt matter that some of this info can be sought by islamic terrorist, as you say, on the internet, ASSUMING They do not use resources like ARFCOM shows a thought process that is exactly what these pukes feed on. ASSUME nothing. Just because they can find it somewhere else, does that make it right to offer it up here?????

NOW the question that was asked originally could have been answered in a , (as some of us did), way that would not give out OPSEC info. THE QUESTION POSED WAS "WHAT IS THE STANDARD ISSUE WEAPON" RIGHT?

ANSWER : IT IS WELL DOCUMETED THAT THE M4, M4A1, M16A2, M16A4, ARE USED BY OUR MILITARY. THESE ARE ALL "STANDARD ISSUE" STANDARD ISSUE OF WHICH WEAPON YOU GEt IS DICTATED BY YOUR UNITS MTOE. PERIOD!!!!

THERE IS AND WAS NO NEED , TO BREAK IT DOWN ANY FURTHER THAN THAT, ANY FURTHER THAN THAT COULD BE CONSIDERED AN OPSEC ISSUE PERIOD!

All Im saying is, it not a good idea to be putting info like this out on the net on any forum that could be used by our enemies, and some should be more sensitive to that rule instead of trying to impress other people with their knowledge.

chuck

If I were an Islamofascist and read that breakdown of who carries what, my only thought would be "Oh Sh*t, we are F*cking Screwed..."

While from a technical standpoint I supposed it could be construed as an opsec issue, this stuff is available everywhere, and I don't think it has done the enemy a lick of good.  What countermeasures do you think they could come up with by knowing that our infantrymen carry *gasp* rifles and machineguns with sights on them?  Who would've thought.  Ever peruse the site globalsecurity.org?  I can find stuff out about my units there that even I didn't know.  

Keep your dam head down and come home safe soldier.  Thats an order..........
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:23:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks to all you guys for your support!  I'm having a BLAST over here, at least most of the time.  I've been lucky (or unlucky, depending on how you slice it) and have seen a lot of action.

Two months to go 'til I can go home and get back to targets that don't shoot back
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top