Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/3/2006 7:00:22 PM EDT
This is my first AR 15. It is a DPMS  in 223. I dont know much about them yet but I am learning.I think I got a pretty good deal for it.I traded a guy a Ruger Vaquero for it. My question is where is the best  place online to get 30 round mags and other stuff for it.Thanks and I look forward to hearing from yall.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y186/loborojo/IM000592.jpg
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:03:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice gun you have there Stick around here and you'll learn everything you need to know about your new AR...

Look at the top of the page, all the way to the right and click the Equipment Exchange button... Many parts guys there that will gladly help you out...
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:03:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Go to the industry forum.  There are tons of great products and prices over there.  Yankee Hill Machine is one of my favorites, but they deal more with rails and forearms and parts like that.  As far as mags you might be able to find some at the 10-15 dollar range, try to get ones with green "GI" followers.  Welcome and good luck
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:04:01 PM EDT
[#3]

Congrats!

check the EE/industry forum for some great prices on USGI mags--dont pay more than $12 each NIW
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:05:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice carbine. Good deal for the Ruger, you will have much more fun with the AR.

Check ar15.com/forums/board.html?b=7 for all you need for parts and accessories.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:11:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Bravo Company USA has great prices on GI 30rd mags.  44mag.com also has great prices.  30 rounders with the Magpul enhanced follower for $12.99 each!
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 3:23:23 AM EDT
[#6]
welcome to the boards. It may be your 1st AR but it wont be your last if you come here a lot.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 3:56:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Congrads. Go out and shoot her before you make any $$$ changes. You might find out you like her just like she is. Spend more money on ammo and Mags... Congrads again, WarDawg
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:02:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Welcome to the site and congrats on the nice AR.  As already said, check out the Equipment Exchange for some 30 round USGI mags.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:04:07 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Congrads. Go out and shoot her before you make any $$$ changes. You might find out you like her just like she is. Spend more money on ammo and Mags... Congrads again, WarDawg

Agreed.  Too many people try to buy their way into better shooting all because they failed to learn the fundamentals of marksmanship.

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:10:22 AM EDT
[#10]
welcome to AR15.com, loborojo~!

Nice start to your AR collection. The equipment exchange has a dedicated magazine section and as others have offered, DSG, Bravcompany, 44mag, and others have great selection and pricing

what part of Fla. are you in? North Fla shooters have the FDCC club, and west central shooters have an informal shoot occasionally.

Check them out in your Hometown Forum!
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:14:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the info guys.I just ordered some 30 rounders from 44 Mag.com.Look forward to geting her to the range. Ammo sure is alot cheaper than the 338 Win Mag I am used to buying.I will post a range report soon.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:16:00 AM EDT
[#12]
I live in the Pensacola area.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top