Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2006 12:28:47 PM EDT
Troy Industries and Samson Manufacturing. Are these companies the same or are they different? I have been looking at rail systems for my Bushmaster Patrolman Carbine, and have decided on the MRF-CX from Troy / MRFS-CX from Samson. Are these the same thing or is there a difference other than name and price?

Thanks
4X4SC
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:33:51 PM EDT
[#1]
No difference. Same product.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:35:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:35:46 PM EDT
[#3]
The are different companies and slightlty different products.  Currently they are busy suing each other over the rights to the design.

Sampson's is a bit lighter, and has a provision for locking the lower rail in place with an additional screw.  The Troy unit comes with Rail Covers.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 1:22:04 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Different companies.

Go with the Samson.  He actually makes his own stuff.

By that logic we should buy the products you sell from the manufacturers who make them, not from you.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 1:24:31 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Different companies.

Go with the Samson.  He actually makes his own stuff.

By that logic we should buy the products you sell from the manufacturers who make them, not from you.

greatest answer to a biased troy/samson simplification remark ever.

as it is I have one of each.  I bought a troy cause I felt they had it first so samson was in the wrong, then I bought a samson when someone very senior in the American firearms community told me samson was in the right after all.

ETA:
I had a thread about this about two months ago.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 1:29:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey guys, NO fights here. Just wanted to know who's who, and if there was any difference in the two.

Thanks for the info and all the responses.

4X4SC
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:02:54 PM EDT
[#7]
I honestly couldn't care less about the fued between the two.  I bought a Samson for the simple fact that the Troy 9.0's have been unavailable for months and Troy themselves told me it would be a couple MORE months.  Add to that the fact that the Samson is lighter, has a captured detent, and has an additional locking screw, and it's a no brainer.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:59:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Does anybody use the new 2-piece rail from samson that was made for the Mil to go work like the KAC RAS?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:45:25 PM EDT
[#9]
I have had both rails from both companies. I also like the Samson rails better due to the captured locking detent versus the Troy Ind. loose spring detent. I have never talked with Troy but I have spoken with Scott Samson and he is a  great guy to deal/talk with. You may still be able to get the rails cheaper by going through one of his dealers though. I think Samson would charge MSRP. Maybe Robert/TalonArms_ R could clarify. Talon Arms is also a great company and not worthy of dogging out (IMHO)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top