Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/30/2006 7:07:40 AM EDT
I am looking at a Bushmaster 16" with the plain stepped barrel no threads and wondering how much trouble it is to thread the end of the barrel in order to attach a bird cage type flash hider. Has anyone done this? Thanks much....
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:11:21 AM EDT

Originally Posted By FZ1Steve:
I am looking at a Bushmaster 16" with the plain stepped barrel no threads and wondering how much trouble it is to thread the end of the barrel in order to attach a bird cage type flash hider. Has anyone done this? Thanks much....

It's done all the time. Contact ADCO Firearms or www.AR15barrels.com and they will get it done correctly.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:14:16 AM EDT
It not at all hard to do if you have the proper machines to do it. It's something that I did myself on my lathe and was thinking about offering this service to other AR15 members but I have no idea as of what to charge.

If you look around here on the boards I think there are a few that offer this service.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:18:56 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Forest:

Originally Posted By FZ1Steve:

It's done all the time. Contact ADCO Firearms or www.AR15barrels.com and they will get it done correctly.

+1
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:27:15 AM EDT
I had a post-ban 16" bushy upper that I had threaded. Follow what forest said. Most charge $30-50 for the service plus shipping.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:45:35 AM EDT
+1 for adcofirearms
Top Top