Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2006 4:15:26 AM EDT
I'd like to hear opinions & see pics of people's BUIS setups with EOTechs.  I saw RRA's co-witness "Dominator" mount with a fixed A2 rear sight, but it seems like you would lose a lot of the benefis of the EOTech with this setup.  Specifically, it seems like it would cut down on the field of view & peripherial vision.  Do you like your dot to sit right on the front sight post or do you like the dot to be above the post so that the BUIS sight picture is towards the bottom of the EOTech's window?
Specifics of manufacturers & such would be appreciated.

--Snowbound
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:20:20 AM EDT
[#1]
BTW, there is a dedicated Optics forum here. That's really where you should have posted your question.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:37:31 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm still trying to get around to posting pictures (gonna have my fiance take them because she is a professional), but I can explain my setup:  Basically, I have an ARMS #40 BUIS that is kept folded down right behind the EoTech 552.  I like this setup much better than the "always up" configuration because it allows me to utilize the EoTech to its fullest potential by not blocking my view or peripheral.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:53:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Here you go

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:55:44 AM EDT
[#4]
I have mine setup in a cowitness type of setup (when looking through irons the dot sits right on top of the front sight post), but I keep the BUIS folded down while using the Eotech.

YHM BUIS
Eotech 512

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 5:14:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Troy BUIS, Larue Eotech mount.

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 5:17:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:04:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Here's Dawn Marie (WWE) firing a M4 in Baghdad in Dec 03 (511 with KAC BUIS)

Here's my EOTech mounted forward on a ARMS SIR with a #40L BUIS

CD
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:10:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Here are pics of my AR with the EOTech and Dominator.  Maybe this will clear up any confusion about the sight picture.

http://home.earthlink.net/~s.shafer/DCP_2161.JPG

http://home.earthlink.net/~s.shafer/DCP_2171.JPG

http://home.earthlink.net/~s.shafer/DCP_2172.JPG
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:36:56 AM EDT
[#9]
thanks for all the pics.  this totally clears it up & gives me some ideas.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:01:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:22:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:55:30 AM EDT
[#12]
I just got done putting together my AR.  I got lucky and got in on the group SEBR buy.  That being said, the rifle didn't come with rear sight.  I did a lot of research here on the forums, and thanks to the following link:

BUIS LINK

I was able to learn a lot.  My choice was to go with an A.R.M.S. 40L SP BUIS and I am using an EOTech 552.  I decided to set up the rifle with "absolute co-witness" of the iron sights and the EOTech.  I am waiting on my LaRue FF 9inch Front Rail to arrive, and when it does, I will install a Troy Fold Down Front site.  Once all is said and done, I will still have the co-witness I want, but the front and rear sights will be folded out of the "line of site" when using the 552.  Putting them into place will be no problem.  

I am sure many others here have much better experience with this than I do.  
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:09:43 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
New-argirl with a EoTech 552 and Troy BUIS.

www.10-8forums.com/ubbthreads/postimages/14060-DSCN1626.jpg

This is how mine is set up (with the EOTech moved back about 3 slots and minus the cutie).

Troy flip up rear
Fixed FSB
EOTech

In actual practice, I find the FSB to be a problem.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:23:38 PM EDT
[#14]
+1 FSB is no problem for me at all, I like it there actually because it allows me to use my gun with good accuracy out to 100 yards or more without the sight on, in case it ever goes dead or I just forget to turn the thing on.

And it allows more precise shot placement, the EOtech is claimed to be "parralax free" but in my experience it isn't, it does a good job of compensating, but it is still easy to be several inches off at 50 yards (think what that means for longer range). With the FSB there, you can put the dot on the tip of the sight for exact shot placement, or use the ring/dot for rapid engagement with slightly less precision.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:45:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top