Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2006 5:32:02 PM EDT
First off let me say WOW this is a excellent Short Barrel device..... had alot of fun with it today
It preformed beautifully and flawlessly. I didnt feel any concusion and never once was concerned about to much noise out of a 7.5" barrel
IT REALLY DIRECTED IT DOWN RANGE.... I couldn't imagine what a A2 flash supressor would have sounded like but I'm sure it would
have been very loud.... I definatly felt less concussion then my 14.5 M4 w/ Phantom 5C2 actually I felt NO concusion....
so I give it a over all 2 thumbs up

Came home and took it apart for inspection, and noticed something that first apeared to be carbon build up. So I scraped it with a small file
and then seconed guessed it to be Erosion of the metal.. but Im not sure, what do you guys think? oh yea this has only seen about 150 rounds
give or take 30...... THIS IS THE SMALL PART OF THE INNER CONE THAT IS ABOUT .2 INCHES AWAY FROM THE BARREL...

Enjoyed the day

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK OF THIS?
Not looking to get ass raped because I'm bringing this up, just want to know your THOUGHTS, thanks......

Capone
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 6:31:27 PM EDT
[#1]
tag
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:36:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I would be more concerned about your lack of a face
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:42:56 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I would be more concerned about your lack of a face

ME TOO!  Dude has no eyes.  Or else he's a secret agent...

You are experiencing the famous, or infamous? erosion of the cone.  Check Noveske's web site regarding this, and contact them for a replacement/upgrade.  Let me back up-  do you have the stainless cone?  That's the one in question.  Mine was like that too, and I sent it back for the replacement.  Some people on here didn't have to send their original back I read.

EDIT-  My issue was with the original KFH.  Supposedly this was corrected in the KX3???
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:45:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks like normal super short barrel consequenses to me.

Congrats.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:48:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Yo, next time you go shooting at that spot, take a rake.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:53:39 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

And garbage bags!
JR
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:54:14 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

No crap! How about cleaning up after you shoot?
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:58:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Lefthand canyon has a very special place in my heart. I was up there today with my AR, too.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:10:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Ya.... this is the imfamous Lefthand Canyon Known by many Colorado shooters...

I suppose this shits on many of you clean up after you shoot guys.... But hey I guess this proves how Americans are lazy so to speak.... once one person leaves some shit and another and another and another.... well then it becomes ok to avoid clean up cause whos gonna know whos there crap or not? I did pick up after my self once about 600 5.56 casings and every one just wondered what the hell I was doing.......

Anyway I think this may just be built up of unfired powder. It is still the same shape and I know Noveske fixed this issue so mabe its just the very short barrel plus un burned powder.

BUT THIS CROSSED MY MIND... what if it gets super hot and weakens the steel molecueles and then becomes erodible to? pondering.....

Great peice none the less... im happy either way... maybe ill just get a new one IF it wears down a quarter inch or so..

Capone

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:12:22 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Lefthand canyon has a very special place in my heart. I was up there today with my AR, too.

What time?

I was there between 11am-1pm today

Is that you in the back ground? they had a AR...

Small world aye..

I was up there testing 3 AR's I Built .. 1 customers and my 2 AR's
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:12:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Stop using your Noveske as a margarita glass
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top