Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2006 6:15:15 AM EDT
Hi All,
I'm new to ARs. Thinking about a 6.8SPC.  I've seen a few posts on this board to stay away from these :
http://www.model1sales.com/item-detail.cfm?ID=USE2068RCL&storeid=1&image=ustd2068rem.gif
Why?

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:30:14 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Hi All,
I'm new to ARs. Thinking about a 6.8SPC.  I've seen a few posts on this board to stay away from these :
http://www.model1sales.com/item-detail.cfm?ID=USE2068RCL&storeid=1&image=ustd2068rem.gif
Why?

Model 1 uppers are not the top of the line and can have many problems.  6.8SPC is a new round that may or may not be adopted by militaries in the future.  If this is a first AR you would be better off going with 5.56 because it is proven and will be around in quantity for some time. 6.8 may just be a flash in the pan that will never amount to any thing.  If you buy 6.8 now it might not be around in the future. Stay with the safe bet.  
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:45:13 AM EDT
[#2]
I too think you should start with 5.56 as there is more experience with that round, mags are cheaper, and so is ammo.

If you want a 6.8 upper to go with your Fun/Deadly 5.56 then just get two uppers.

God knows when BRD kicks in you will have several lowers to go with your uppers.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:03:19 AM EDT
[#3]
When the cost of 6.8 comes down to near the price of 5.56 is when I will buy
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 12:08:07 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
When the cost of 6.8 comes down to near the price of 5.56 is when I will buy

yup although I dont' think it'll ever happen.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top