Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/26/2006 3:15:28 AM EDT
I know the Clinton ban affecting the AR-15 has died, but I had a question. Is it totally dead or are the guns in that 10 year period still a banned gun? I have seen people still saying that a lower is a post ban lower. Does that mean a lower made in the year 2000 can not have a flashhider, bayonet lug, pistol grip, detatchable mag, and folding stock. I know barrel length is a NFA concern. I am talking about an 18 inch upper.

Would it be illegal to take an 18" upper with a fixed flashhidder and have it removed and threaded? The barrel length will not change. The fixed hider is set screwed on.

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:41:08 AM EDT
in tx there is no existing ban.

there are some states that continued on with the awb.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:43:39 AM EDT

Originally Posted By stinkbelly:
Does that mean a lower made in the year 2000 can not have a flashhider, bayonet lug, pistol grip, detatchable mag, and folding stock.

Would it be illegal to take an 18" upper with a fixed flashhidder and have it removed and threaded? The barrel length will not change. The fixed hider is set screwed on.

If you live in a state with no state AWB (and you do) the "restricted military/law enforcement" engraving on the lower is meaningless.

Do whatever you want to your rifle without worry.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:25:07 AM EDT

Originally Posted By SWO_daddy:
If you live in a state with no state AWB (and you do) the "restricted military/law enforcement" engraving on the lower is meaningless.

+1

Provided you are not restricted by state laws, it's like the ban never happened. Pre/Post ban distrinctions are meaningless & you can put threads, lugs, FHs whatever on all your rifles.
--Snowbound
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:38:39 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Snowbound:

Originally Posted By SWO_daddy:

+1

Provided you are not restricted by state laws, it's like the ban never happened. Pre/Post ban distrinctions are meaningless & you can put threads, lugs, FHs whatever on all your rifles.
--Snowbound

I just moved to Ohio (not Toledo - the Akron area). Does Ohio have a state ban? So it no longer matters if you put a "preban upper" on a "postban lower" etc?

But barrel length is still NFA regulated to 16+, right? (unless you get a tax stamp).
Top Top